PCOS Club!

Seems Clomid 50mg did not work for me this cycle (cycle 2):nope:
We'll give it another week, and then force AF. Next cycle it'll be 100mg Clomid.

As for the good news, hormone tests came back normal, FSH 7.5, LH 5.35.

We can't wait- Thank you for your advise that does help some.

Courtney- Yes I will up it to 100mg this time I was only taking 80mg last cycle. I was thinking the same thing if AF don't show up in four days I will have to find a way to bring it on my self. Much like you did. I hate long cycles. I may even up my does to 120mg not sure yet. Being that I am in mid luteal phase when do you think I should get my period.

Gosh, I have missed loads. Hello to all the new people :happydance:

Well, I finally think the Metformin is working as yesturday I started my second ever period :happydance:, fingers crossed that I ovulate this month as I didn't last time.

How long do you think I should leave it before I go back to my doctor and ask him to refer me back to the FS?

Quick question: has anyone taken Provera to start AF?

I took it over a ten day period and AF started a few days after taking the last pill. My AF is different than what it usually is--it's bright red (I mean, Christmas bright red) and very heavy. Usually I have a some bright red for about an hour and then it's dark red or brown the rest of the time. It's been bright red now for six days and still pretty heavy. Did anyone have a similar experience?

On another note I'm on day three of my first round of Clomid (no major side effects so far, thank goodness) and I can't wait to start BDing!!! If only AF would go away so we can! :haha:

Lady - I'm only 2 days ahead of you :) ! And I also don't have any side effects on Clomid! My af after provera was pretty nasty. Very red and heavy. But short. Only lasted 4 days. But I only took 5 days of Provera.
Do you get any monitoring on Clomid? I don't :(

R&G - wow! It's great news that Metformin's working for you! I'd probably give it a couple of months before going back for, say, Clomid. How about using opk's to try and track down ovulation?

hey ladies!
i found out i had PCOS when I was 17
i'm 24 now and i'm about to get on the clomid train
i've been taking maca for about 3 months now and have found that it has really helped me out a lot. i feel more 'normal'...you know what i mean?
cycles are more regular and heavy, cramping isn't as bad...libido is improved i have a doc's appt. Aug 26th. that is when i get my clomid prescription...just in time to start it. hoping the 3 months of maca will help me to conceive on the clomid
best of luck to you gals =)

R&G- glad that the met is working for you. That is great news.

I am going to doctor on Aug 20th to find out if I have any other opions I may try to lose more weight but I will have to see what she says first. GL ladies

Born2BeAMommy- Welcome :hugs: GL to you dear.

Red- If your pills are like mine and are the 40mg and are unscored, I would just take 120mg so that you don't have to cut the pill. As far as when you might start, I really don't know. I would assume in a week or so, but I really can't say :shrug: I will just keep praying that it starts soon for you so that you can catch up to us and start over :hugs:

Quaver- Lots of info and a question for you. First the question: When did you have your tests done? According to my Dr's lab values, you were still in the follicular phase, but close to your ovulation phase when they were drawn. So I am guessing O is coming soon. Next, the info: You took your last Clomid pill on CD6, so you should start your period 5 to 10 days after your last pill. So that would mean you should ovulate anywhere from CD11 to CD16. So you have a few more days before you can know for sure. And if I were you, I would wait until CD18 before I made any decisions because you can actually have a delay in temp. That is one reason why you should have sex for the 5 days leading up to O because it is possible for you to ovulate and then not get a temp spike until later since in takes a bit for the progesterone to raise your temp. My temp didn't rise until two days after starting my Prometrium. So I know that when I ovulate, I will probably not get a temp rise until 2 days later :dohh: And also, your other month on Clomid, you ovulated on CD15 and didn't get a +OPK until CD14, so I would relax because you have plenty of time. :hugs: GL hun. I look forward to seeing your temp rise :flower: And I hope this helped you a bit.

Ok, so today was my FS Appointment :happydance: Here is what I found out:

My husband's SA seemed pretty normal to him and said that the morphology was a little abnormal, but he said that we couldn't really rely on it since it was done at our hospital. Apparently our hospital does not know how to fully count the sperm morphology...there is a "special" technique lol.

I am to have an ultrasound performed on CD13 or CD14 to see if I have follicles developing. If I do, then I will be given a shot of Ovidrel (hcg) to induce the release of the follicle(s). I will do this for 3 cycles and if I do not get pregnant by then, then we will do another SA and an HSG and go from there.

FX'd that I have follicles developing by CD13 [-o<

Thanks Courtney:flower:

The blood test was done on CD2, the ultrasound to look at the follicles were done on CD12 which showed 11mm follicles (too small):nope:

I have another scan at CD18, so unless my follicles grows dramatically, it'll be another mega long cycle, so have to force AF:cry:

Oh courtney that is great news about your FS appointment finally something postive to look at for you. I have a question you said I was in mid luteal phase right what does that mean. before or after Ov

Thanks Courtney:flower:

The blood test was done on CD2, the ultrasound to look at the follicles were done on CD12 which showed 11mm follicles (too small):nope:

I have another scan at CD18, so unless my follicles grows dramatically, it'll be another mega long cycle, so have to force AF:cry:

Well I have read that follicles can grow 1-3mm per day and need to be about 22mm by ovulation, so you still have a chance :thumbup:

Oh courtney that is great news about your FS appointment finally something postive to look at for you. I have a question you said I was in mid luteal phase right what does that mean. before or after Ov

After O. We have two phases, hence a biphasic bbt chart. Before O is the follicular phase and after O is the luteal phase. What I hate is that you can actually cross over to the next phase without ovulation :growlmad:

hello ladies :flower:

Wow, Courtney - you were right about most of us being so close in our cycles :wacko: It's great!!

How are you feeling Clomid-wise? any side effects yet?

Nothing for me yet. I feel absolutely peachy and even the moodiness is gone (which hubby is definitely enjoying :winkwink:)

we've been BD'ing every other day since CD 6 and plan to continue until CD 18 and then we'll see. What I have noticed is that hubs is A LOT more interested and involved this cycle. He actually makes sure I raise my legs afterwards :haha: and remembers when the next BD is due !!!!!

Well Courtney you are so right. I have never thought about studing lab levels before :blush: it would have told me so much. And guess what I started spotting today so in one more day Af should be here full flow and I will be starting SI 120mg this cycle.

Okay I also take EPO during the first half of the cycle and I was worndering if anyone can remember what you are suppose to take the second half of the cycle.

Maria- It is sounding so promising for you I hope this is it for you. I will be joining all of you shortly with a new cycle. And you guys are right it is werid to be this close and yet be all around the world but maybe it will help us out.

what are you guys 'taking' in order to get BFP?
i have been taking maca and am going to start clomid at the end of august.
hoping for BFP in september or october....i'm very hopeful...the maca has done wonders for regulating my cycles and giving me that feeling of 'normalcy'...not sure what to think about the clomid...
we will all get our BFPs ladies...we were all Born to Be Mommies!!

I was takin Maca but never noticed a difference with it. I am taking Soy Iso 120mg CD 3-7, EPO, Omega 3,6,9, and vitamin B 150 Complex, Femparin, Prenatal

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if I could join you? I have PCOS - and took metformin, clomid and cyclogest to get the most wonderful gift - our DD. We feel so blessed.

Since having her, AF has come back (despite BFing, too!) and my weight has been lower than it ever has (I've always been normal weight, but it's gone down more) I was over the moon...and said to my GP that PCOS had gone away.

Not so. She told me this is really normal for post pregnancy, and that it would all start to come back again bit by bit. :(

I was so disappointed - I feel SO well at the moment, I hate that sluggish, fatigue and 'head fuzz' that PCOS gives me!

Anyway, I would very much like to try for us to get a lil bro or sis for DD...and was wondering if anyone had been in the same position, and how hard/easy they found it? GP recommends starting asap, but it would means stopping BFing to start the metformin.

I'm not sure what to think, what to do! Any advice, much welcomed!!

Also, if I can answer any clomid/met/cyclo questions...please do ask.

Thanks, ladies. So good seeing this group - as this syndrome is just so horrid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->