PCOS Club!

I'm sorry, Maria, are you sure you are out? Just remember not to take Provera unless your 100% sure that you aren't pregnant! :hugs:

Well, I had my ultrasound yesterday. There were two follicles (one on each ovary) that looked like they were developing. The doctor said that they are both the same size and one didn't seem to be dominant over the other so there's a pretty big chance that if I do ovulate that I'll release two eggs! The next step is to just BD every other day for a week (starting Friday), get blood tests done to check for progesterone levels at CD21 and to call her if I AF shows up or if I get a BFP.

I have no idea how long these cycles are supposed to be. Those of you who are taking Clomid, did your cycles even out or become predictable on it?

Lady - fab news on the follicles! :happydance: Did the Dr say what size they were or when she expects them to ovulate? Im only 2 days ahead of you and for some reason already thought that Im out. But may be there's still a chance I ovulate - just a bit later, like CD18 or so.

Good luck BD'ing :winkwink:

Lady - fab news on the follicles! :happydance: Did the Dr say what size they were or when she expects them to ovulate? Im only 2 days ahead of you and for some reason already thought that Im out. But may be there's still a chance I ovulate - just a bit later, like CD18 or so.

Good luck BD'ing :winkwink:

The only thing she did say was that I'm not going to ovulate on CD14 (which is the day we are supposed to start BDing) because they are still on the small side. She said it will happen later than that, but to still stick to the BD schedule that she gave us.

I'm also temping and I'll probaby start doing OPKs next week to see if I can catch it!

redrose - I've been catching up on this thread, and saw that you've been reading about two types of PCOS? I am not IR, so my docs were a bit confused about it all. Could you let me know more about the hormonal PCOS? I'd love to find out as much as I can...My symptoms are: fatigue, no AF or ov (normally, but I have some at the moment, as I said in my first post :)) I am normal BMI of around 22 at the mo, but I put weight on easily and find it hard to lose.

Thank you :flower:

Separate note, am worried it's coming back slowly already - have had the worst ovulation pains (though not due to ovulate yet...) and no sign of ovulation. Head aches, fuzzy head...

I read online that PCOS is a really 'insidious' disorder. And it really is.

redrose - I've been catching up on this thread, and saw that you've been reading about two types of PCOS? I am not IR, so my docs were a bit confused about it all.
Me too:flower:

My BMI is 21, never been much higher than this, no insulin resistance, FSH, LH, Estradiol etc all normal. No acne, excess hair probs either.

But I have PCO (ultrasound) and irregular cycles, something between 24-54 days, but I ov, and have 14-15day lp.

Any info greatly appreciated:flower:

Born- I have had no luck with OPKing they always say postive. I usally just check cevix and do temping now.

Courtney- that is great news hun. WOW three it could be triplets this time around. I will pray you at least get one of them.

Quaver- I hope every thing gets better with OH I know it can be stress ful. Just keep you chin up hun He will come around.

Lady- That is great news about the appt. I hope every thing is great news.

Maria- sorry about this cycle hun. I know how you feel I didnt O last month so I was depressed about it but now i am on to this cycle. I had to do a lot of talking with
DH though cause he was ready to through his hands in the air and say I am done.

Lisa- I agree with you but over here in the USA we dont get any thing free. So I want to move over there where you are. I had one IVF treatment and it cost me $12,000 dollars just for the transfer and with everything including meds and doctors apptments we paid $20,000 dollars. I can't afford to do any more treatmenst like that for a while.

TennisGal- I would love to post that article I found for you. I will be able to go back to there library on next Wednesday. So I will get that book and scan in the pages and post them here. My doctor was confused about it as well and I had to show her the book as well so don't feel discougared as PCOS is still being studied and not all doctors are up on the lasted info. I will help with what I can find for you.

I can't thank you enough, I'm on a constant quest to help myself with this!

well im back from vacation and still havnt had AFshow so i will test again in a few days then take provera again

Hi Ladies,
I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have PCOS. We've just had a failed ICSI cycle. My FS has put me on metformin to regulate my cycles and I wondered if anyone else is on it?
xxxx

Hi Ladies,
I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have PCOS. We've just had a failed ICSI cycle. My FS has put me on metformin to regulate my cycles and I wondered if anyone else is on it?
xxxx
Welcome Aclio, sorry to hear about the failed ICSI:hugs:
I'm not on metformin, but I'm sure someone will come along soon:flower:
Yay :hugs:! Now I hope that you ovulate in the next day or two. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings 8-[
I had a scan, and the doc said I'll ovulate sometime around Monday, so no need to rush :sex: :sleep:

well im back from vacation and still havnt had AFshow so i will test again in a few days then take provera again

Welcome back! Did you have a nice holiday?

I hope this is your month! Keeping my fingers crossed for when you test in a few days!

Quaver- I hope every thing gets better with OH I know it can be stress ful. Just keep you chin up hun He will come around.
We are back, done make up :sex: :thumbup:

Hurray!!! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,
xxxx

Welcome, ACLIO! :flower: I'm not on metformin either, but I believe there are a few ladies on here that are!

Quaver- That is great news hun. I hope you caugh that eggie this time hun

sma- Welcome back hope you had a great vaction

Aclio- welcome I use to take metformin but does not work for me doctor wants me on it now for decrease risk of m/c.

Hello ladies Update from doctors appt today. I went in to see FS today and she put me on clomid and injectables this cycle first time for this on me. I am to take clomid cycle days 5-9 next cycle and have a scan on cycle day 13, 14 then I will go in for a triger shot if everything looks good. I am going to be using soft cups this cycle and next cycle as well. She also wants me back on metforin as it helps decrease m/c rates with clomid. I took soy this cycle and she told me that was okay and it should work same as clomid does just not as strong as clomid is. So that is all for me.

thanx ladies. i did have a great vacation. wish i was still there! as far as AF i woke up to a bright red spot this morning wich isnt normal for me i usualy get spotting first but i didnt have to take provera so im not sure whats going on...if it is my actuall period it will b the first one to come on its own in a loooong time !

Sma-welcome back!

Quaver-that is good news! I really hope you catch that eggie :hugs:

Red-You are doing the same thing as I am! Oh how lovely it would be for all of us to get BFPs this round. I mean, we all are on cycles that are very close, so why can't we all have due dates that are very close :winkwink:

Update for me: I had one follicle that became dominant and it was 18mm today :happydance: So I got to have my shot given to me and we are to :sex: tomorrow and Sunday :thumbup: And if this round does not work, then they are going to bump up my Clomid to 150mg :wacko:

Oh I can't wait for two weeks to pass :cloud9:

Hi Ladies,
xxxx

im also on met. but i need to start taking it again i quit taking it for a week because of vacation, so i need to work my way back up and hopefully to 3 a day.i also took 80mg of soy 3-7 and started my period today on my own for the first time in a long time. i havnt lost much weight from it yet but thats because i wasnt really trying hard. if i ate bad i had bad effects if i ate healthy things were fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->