PCOS Club!

Courtney that is great news. I have to wait for this cycle to end before i can do the clomid and injectables. But I am still holding hope for this cycle on soy.

We are off on a holiday for few days, the hotels are reasonable so hoping for a bit of :sex: at the right time (will prob ov Monday). Doctor told me not to tell DH when I ov, so that he doesn't tense up like last cycle. Don't know how I can do that but here goes!:happydance:

i aggree with ure doc. thats what i tell alot of people. just make it fun and not be only for baby making you can alsways tell ure OH that u already did O on the day u bd but if hes not in the mood that day just figure out a way to make him in the mood with out telling him its that day....iykwim?

SMA - welcome back! Glad you had a good time on hols. Any news on ad or testing??

Courtney and Quaver - get down to business girls!! And best of luck!!

AFM - I had a temp spike this morning :wacko: But I stil don't believe it means anything....We went out last night and I had 3 glasses of wine. But I regularly have a glass and that doesn't do anything to the chart so I doubt another 2 glassed would have had such an effect :shrug:
Also I have a TON of EWCM today....but that would be after ovulation? Anyone had that before?

Will need to wait till tomorrow and see what the temp does

Hi ladies! :wave:

We have tried almost 3 years for our first baby, and recently lost it. Looking for a group sharing a similar experience as myself.

I don't have PCOS, but I have a similar hormonal imbalance that is stumping my endocrinologist. I'm going in Monday to schedule a CT scan of my adrenals and possibly get put on dexamethasone/prednisone for high DHEA and testosterone levels.

So I guess my question is, have any of you been put on or are currently on either of those or any other corticosteroids for hormonal levels? I have heard metformin can do something similar but not sure in my case. Basically whatever I get put on I may have to take throughout pregnancy, and I am nervous because Dexamethasone is a class 'C' drug and prednisone is class 'B' or 'C'. I'm coming to terms with my loss and looking to try to prevent it in the future.

Hi Whitbit,

Am so sorry for your loss. Before we were blessed with arrival of DD, I had a miscarriage. Looking back, I honestly believe it was down to hormones being out of kilter. When I was pg with DD, my consultant continued me on metformin and I took cyclogest.

I've only taken metformin - but it didn't kick start AF...I had to take Clomid for that...I carried on with metformin to reduce the miscarriage risk.

It's a hard slog, but there are things that can be done - :hugs: I hope the scans get youo some answers. Once we knew what I was dealing with, then it became easier to get my head round and for us to take the right steps to getting our DD.

:hugs:

Thank you TennisGal :)

I will ask my doc about the Metformin on Monday. Hopefully it will work.

AFM - I had a temp spike this morning :wacko: But I stil don't believe it means anything....
Looks like ov, unless you woke up late today:haha:

No, I woke up at 6.45am - on a Saturday!!! Feel like a complete idiot :dohh:

Re-took it now (10am) - it shot up to 37.4 :wacko: I definitely don't have a fever/cold....I am just scared to believe it WAS ov

Maria- I guess we will have to wait and see what toms temps are to be sure. I know how you feel about the waiting game on temping it drove me crazy last month. But it sounds like OV to me.

Whitbit- I am so sorry to hear about your los. I hope you get your answers soon about what is wrong with you. I would defo ask your doctor about metfromin on monday. I know my doctor wants me to start taking it next cycle when I am on clomid to hlep reduce m/c I have to take it until I get to second tir mester if I get prego.

Quaver- I hope you have fun on your trip. And I agree with your doctor about not telling DH about the that day just make it about you to and you know what they say once on vaction just relax and you shall convice. This is true I have three family members who all seem to come back from vaction and are all preggo when the come back. GL hun.

maria- i had a great time on vacation....as far as testing i dont need to do so because i started a new cycle on my own this time on cd 39 so its getting shorter compaired to 55+.

i think metformin and soy was what made it shorter. so i will be going back on that tonight and i already did the soy for cd 1 yesterday. im going to try cd 1-5 this time with soy

Ok ladies, I am a bit confused today. I had my trigger shot yesterday at about 3pm. At about 7pm, I had horrible pain in my lower back and abdomen on my left side; which is the side that my follicle was on. I know that you are supposed to ovulate about 24 to 36 hours after the shot, but I am really starting to think that I did only a few hours after shot :shrug: This morning my temp shot WAY up too.

I have been trying to search for anything about people ovulating hours after the shot and also temps going up the next day. So far, I have found nothing.

And then, the nurse told me to :sex: tonight and tomorrow night, but not last night. So if I really did ovulate hours after the shot, then I am pissed because I wanted to :sex: the day of O and that would mean I didn't :growlmad:

But if I did O yesterday afternoon, then I think I am still ok as far as BD. My DH and I BD'd the night before O and also at about noon today.

I guess I just want to know what you ladies think.

Oh Courtney - sorry, I don't have a clue about trigger shots. Just a thought - could the shot have caused the temperature rise???

I know exactly what you mean about bad timing. Im now wondering whether I ov'ed on CD16 and we only BD'ed on CD14 and then 17 - so would have missed it too. This morning I kept asking hubby why we didn't bother BD'ing every day around middle of the cycle :shrug: But what's done is done.

Make the best of the next couple of days - you may still catch that eggy!!!

Courtney- My doctor told me that you can have pain several hours after the shot is givin. I think it may be were you body is getting ready to O. but if you don't have any EWCM or other signs then I would just BD for the next couple of days if I was you. As far as the temp goes :shrug:. Better yet I would still BD for the next cople of days just to be sure :thumbup:.

Well my temp went back down today, so I don't know lol. I am hoping it will go back up tomorrow. If not, then I am guessing that the trigger was a bust because, as of 3pm today, it will have been 48 hours since the shot was given. FX'd my temp goes up again tomorrow.

So how was everyone else's weekend? Is everything going well for you ladies?

Well my temp went back down today, so I don't know lol. I am hoping it will go back up tomorrow. If not, then I am guessing that the trigger was a bust because, as of 3pm today, it will have been 48 hours since the shot was given. FX'd my temp goes up again tomorrow.

So how was everyone else's weekend? Is everything going well for you ladies?

Courtney - this is so weird :wacko: My temp went right back down too today - after spiking on saturday. Im also getting TONS of ewcm - it's quite disgusting actually....so Im not too sure what's going on. But we just wanke sure we BD regularly and I swing my legs up in the air :blush:

Maybe your guys temps will go up and stay up and this is Ov day today. I hope that is the case. Courtney I have never know the trigger shot to be a bust but I guess there is a first thing for everthing. I hope it worked for you and that your temps go up and stay up hun.

Well it would be really neat if Maria and I were to O on the same date. We would then have the same test date :D And if we both got a BFP, we would share due dates :happydance: FX'd our temps go up and stay up :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->