PCOS Club!

anyone on clomid or about to start clomid? i start cycle one aug.31 if all goes well. i could use a buddy in the same boat

Well, girls, I think my ttc journey has come to an end...at least for the forseeable future :nope:

We had a major row with my husband last night. I was hysterical and needed calming pills. Basically Im pretty sure I was ovulating at the weekend and we BD'ed on saturday morning and I told him we should BD again last night. He then had 2 glasses of wine and couldn't get it up :cry:

I broke down completely :cry: And he was angry that I wasn't supporting him and called me selfish and having an attitude.:nope:

I then screamed at him saying that he's never supportive of me and the two days in 11 months when I could have gotten pregnant were wasted and it was hi fault. I also told him he didn't give a damn about how I felt. To which he said he did and he also worried. So I quizzed him and it turned out he has no idea I have PCOS and what the consequences are, he has no clue what drugs Im on and what CD Im on roughly. He has no idea about ovulation and worse still he doesn't even know what my surgery was for (lap&dye) :cry:

I talk to him about these things nearly daily and he always seems to "listen" even though he's always either on the internet or watching TV hence everything I tell him falls on deaf ears :cry:

Im really upset, shocked, numb right now. I don't think Ill be putting my body through another round of Clomid if I don't have a husband to have a baby with :cry:

Sorry for the long post girls but I had to let it out

My Af is due on 26 so as long as it arrives on time which is no guarentee i should be starting my first ever Clomid Cycle 28th/29th ish. I am not usually regular but have been having AF symptoms so think i might be this month x

Aww Maria i am so sorry you and your OH have fallen out.

I can definately understand how you feel as my OH is exactly the same. He is so laid back about everything he is almost horizontal!! I seem to tell him things and then bring it up again for him to have no idea what i am taking about.

When i had a little nag last week about not receiving any support or encouragement before my FS appointment my OH said 'what do you need support for you are only going for a couple of pills' grrrr he felt the full rath after that comment. I truely believe they are just insensitive sometimes and don't understand just how much we try and change our lives to make sure we conceive. My OH wants this as much as i do but because his swimmers are grade A all he has to do is bring the sperm whereas i have so far changed my diet to lose weight, cut out caffine, take a million and 1 supplements a day, go to the FS appointments and now i have to take a clomid which by all accounts has some not nice side effects. I just think because they don't invest as much into it they are insensitive.

My heart goes out to you and i hope you work it out xx

Well, girls, I think my ttc journey has come to an end...at least for the forseeable future :nope:

We had a major row with my husband last night. I was hysterical and needed calming pills. Basically Im pretty sure I was ovulating at the weekend and we BD'ed on saturday morning and I told him we should BD again last night. He then had 2 glasses of wine and couldn't get it up :cry:

I broke down completely :cry: And he was angry that I wasn't supporting him and called me selfish and having an attitude.:nope:

I then screamed at him saying that he's never supportive of me and the two days in 11 months when I could have gotten pregnant were wasted and it was hi fault. I also told him he didn't give a damn about how I felt. To which he said he did and he also worried. So I quizzed him and it turned out he has no idea I have PCOS and what the consequences are, he has no clue what drugs Im on and what CD Im on roughly. He has no idea about ovulation and worse still he doesn't even know what my surgery was for (lap&dye) :cry:

I talk to him about these things nearly daily and he always seems to "listen" even though he's always either on the internet or watching TV hence everything I tell him falls on deaf ears :cry:

Im really upset, shocked, numb right now. I don't think Ill be putting my body through another round of Clomid if I don't have a husband to have a baby with :cry:

Sorry for the long post girls but I had to let it out

I am sorry that you are having a bad time with hubby at the moment.

I went through the same thing with mine, at the begining all he kept saying was it will happen one day :dohh: and I tried so many times to tell him that we needed help if we were to have a family of our own, we still have bad days but I do think he is slowly understanding what is happening and what I have to go through.

I hope you can sort things out or you at least make him understand

G:hugs:

Thanks so much girls :hugs:

We made up over the phone. He basically googled PCOS and I think he's a bit shocked from what he read :wacko: He apologised for not giving me enough attention and now wants a full story tonight...Not sure I want to start from the beginning though :blush:

On a positive note - my temp dipped right low today and I got my first ever super-positive Clearblue OPK (not Digi). Ive been doing them since saturday (as I started getting ewcm) but they were faint. Today's is super strong.

Im still not sure if anything will come out of tonight though - we'll see.

Lisa - I hope AF arrives soon for you to start Clomid. On the other hand - ar you sure it can't be pg???

:thumbup: Yay Maria, sometimes they just need a push in the right direction

So glad everything is back on track:happydance:

I don't think i am pregnant as i've had no signs of ovulation since my last cycle just after my Lap & Dye but i'm not 100% sure. We didn't really give it much of a go this month as i knew i was going to be given Clomid. Once i start Clomid though i am going to start charting as hopefully i will start having regular cycles and begin to understand what my body is doing a bit more xx

Ok girls, I think I am going to disappear for a few days or so. I think I am stressing too much again :( This morning my temp went down even more! I should have ovulated by now :growlmad: I'm going to call my FS and ask if the trigger has an effect on bbt, but I still think I should just walk away from almost everything right now :cry:

Born- I am to start clomid in september if I don't get pg this cycle.

Maira- I am sorry about the falling out you had with DH it can be rough. But I am glad you guys made up men can be werid sometimes about some things until they know what is going on for sure. GL with tonight and I hope you guys have some make up :sex: so you can caugh that eggie.

Lisa- I hope you start soon so you can start your clomid. If you are not already pregnant

Courtney- I am sorry that your temp dipped today. It will be sad for you to go. I hope everything goes better for you. Let us know what you find out about the trigger shot messing with bbts that will be interesting news. GL hun.

Ok girls, I think I am going to disappear for a few days or so. I think I am stressing too much again :( This morning my temp went down even more! I should have ovulated by now :growlmad: I'm going to call my FS and ask if the trigger has an effect on bbt, but I still think I should just walk away from almost everything right now :cry:

Courtney - this is weird! Because my temp dipped very low today too :wacko: I then did 2 OPKs and they are both super-positive! Ive never had that before! So I think you and me are about to ovulate todat :wacko:

Hopefully see you back here with good news in about 10 days :thumbup:

Hi all. Maria, glad you and hubby made up. There's nothing worse than lack of support and attention from a man while going through TTC, so it's good that he's making an effort now! :thumbup:

Well the doc put me on Metformin today. 500 mg for a week, then I go up to 1500 I think. Is everyone else on the same dose? Did any of you have any bad side effects? Excited to start it but going to wait until tomorrow.

whitbit- im on metformin but cannot do the 1500. its makes me way to sick to my stomache wherei just puke and feel like crap all day. im fine with the 1000 but thats it. it did make me start my new cycle on my own with a little help with soy. if u eat better the side effects rnt so bad but when i eat junk food i suffer......p.s im sure u will find all the bathrooms in town

whitbit- I can't take the 1500mg either it makes me so sick and the white bwol becomes my friend so I can only do 1000mg ER. That is what they put me on when I start clomid next cycle if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

how does the ER work for ya? i was thinking about doing that if they would give it to me but i have heard the regular one works better to help loose weight in which i need to do

Ok, so I guess I can't stay away :blush:

I called the FS this morning and she told me that they normally don't have their pt's continue with BBT because the hcg shot will mess it up. She said that I probably won't get a temp rise for quite a few days after O. But just to make sure, she is sending me an order to have my progesterone checked on Friday or Saturday.

As far as Met goes, I cannot take it :cry: My tummy gets soooo upset that I cannot function and sometimes spend the entire day in the bathroom. I have even tried cutting a 500mg ER in half and taking only 250mg ER and I still had issues :shrug: If I am not pregnant this cycle, I am going to suck it up and take Met next cycle. Who knows, maybe I will lose a bunch of weight because I will be on a water and cracker diet so that I don't irritate my tummy so much :haha:

Oh, and she told me that if I want to continue to temp and chart it, then I should just override it so that I can place what day I should have ovulated. So I guess I ovulated on Sunday since it can take up to 48 hours and 3pm Sunday was 48 hours :shrug:

Wow that is great news Corutney. And is good to know as well.

Sma- The ER is extended relase formula it is the same you just take one pill once a day instead of three pills once a day. I can't take the other ones cause they make me so sick I am in the bathroom all day it does help with weight lose if you like starving your self :haha:. Cause if I take it that is what I am going to be doing as well. Last time I took any form of met I was put in hostipal for dehydration At least now I know to bring the case of bottle water to the bathroom with me :haha:,

ya i always made sure i drank lotsa water. because it does make me need the bathroom alot.i shall ask for the ER when im out of what i have now if its coverd by insurance. that would be sooo much easier for me to take. thats my problem is i dont eat 3 meals a day or at the same time so its hard to keep up with it all. i did loose about 4 lbs and kept it off but now i need about 25 more to go

Oh my gosh.. that sounds horrific. I have a history of irritable bowls anyway. Now I don't know if I should even ATTEMPT the 1500, maybe I will just see how this week goes and go up to 1000, and tell my doc the higher dose made me feel bad. It's important that I can function because I have a load of school work to take care of. Medicine makes me nervous to begin with. :wacko:

Thanks for the info though girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"