PCOS Club!

Sweetjennie - good luck! Not long left until ou can test :thumbup:

Still no positive OPK for me ladies :nope: And no major ovulation cramps either. First cycle on Clomid I ovulated CD19, then nothing in the second cycle, then CD16 in the 3d (but that was on 100mg)
So I know technically I still have a few days but would have liked to see a positive OPK by now. I usually ovulate in 36-48 hours after the first positive so at the moment it looks likes no ovulation until at least CD17...

Im trying to stay positive but this whole cycle I tried to be more relaxed and really thought it would help with ovulation and all...and again Im faced with the possibility of no ovulation :cry: So that means waiting till after Christmas to take Provera and yet another Clomid cycle with no guarantees...

Beginning to feel quite sad again :cry:

Sorry you are feeling sad Maria, hope you get that positive OPK soon :)

I can make myself feel positive for 11 months of the year, and although I look forward to Christmas as soon as december hits i always feel sad. Celebrated my 4th wedding anniversary yesterday which was a lovely day but cant help but think another year without a BFP, will be the same on my birthday on the 22nd, and at christmas and new year. I know 2011 is a new year and everyone will say it will be your year i can feel it but I remember feeling like that for 2010 and I really believed it so how can i believe it for 2011??

Honey - Congratulations on your wedding anniversary :flower: What did you do to celebrate?

I know what you mean....Christmas is mainly for children - everyone buying them presents and cute little outfits, and the Christmas tree and the stockings...I know adults can have all that too but there's no magic in it, it's not the same.
I went to M&S today and there were all these gorgeous outfits there for Baby's 1st Christmas....Oh how I wish Id be able to buy them next year!

And of course here's wishing the same for you and all of us, ladies :thumbup:

Here is hoping all our christmas wishes come true and next year will be magical xxx

maria-i know how hard it is to stay positive sometimes when it seems like month after month is filled with disappointment. :hugs: i hope you get that positive opk soon! keep fighting! this will all be worth it in the end, and you can always PM me if you need to chat or vent. :dust:

my biggest present that i want is a BFP,then next yr around this time i will have that great gift in my arms for there first x-mas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi girls...I'm new here actually =) I was jumping back and forth between ttc, ntnp, and the one about being on a break...then I hadn't been on here in a long time because things were really getting to me...

The day before Thanksgiving I found out I have PCOS. Something about my insulin levels. I can't remember half of what the doctor said because I was in shock and I think a person in my head was running around screaming no this can't be true, and I paid more attention to it than the doctor bahahaha. So...I'm here.

I'm 25...married for almost four years come February...no children...would like to have at least 5 though...

Honey - Congratulations on your wedding anniversary :flower: What did you do to celebrate?

I know what you mean....Christmas is mainly for children - everyone buying them presents and cute little outfits, and the Christmas tree and the stockings...I know adults can have all that too but there's no magic in it, it's not the same.
I went to M&S today and there were all these gorgeous outfits there for Baby's 1st Christmas....Oh how I wish Id be able to buy them next year!

And of course here's wishing the same for you and all of us, ladies :thumbup:

Totally agree about Christmas being mainly for children. I told my mom this today. It's truly heartbreaking. It makes Christmas a little sad to me.

Honeypot - welcome to the thread :flower:

I still remember how shocked I was when I was diagnosed in May this year...To me it basically meant that Im broken, not a proper woman, infertile :cry:

But the shock soon subsides and you start a looong battle with PCOS trying to win and get pregnant. Ive been at it for 6 months and still nothing :nope:

The Dr most likely told you you are Insulin resistant - most of PCOS ladies are. Do you also have any extra weight?

They should put you on Metformin for the Insulin (make sure you ask for Metformin Extended Release). And the potentially Clomid.

How regular are your periods? Do you have any other PCOS symptoms, like acne, extra weight and hair?

This is a great place to get all the support you need from ladies who know exactly what you are going through :hugs:

How are we all, ladies?!

I started getting EWCM last night - praying it means ovulation is around the corner. I usually get about 3-4 days of ewcm before O. have my acupuncture today - hopefully that will help too!

Have a great weekend, everyone! :thumbup:

Honeypot - welcome to the thread :flower:

I still remember how shocked I was when I was diagnosed in May this year...To me it basically meant that Im broken, not a proper woman, infertile :cry:

But the shock soon subsides and you start a looong battle with PCOS trying to win and get pregnant. Ive been at it for 6 months and still nothing :nope:

The Dr most likely told you you are Insulin resistant - most of PCOS ladies are. Do you also have any extra weight?

They should put you on Metformin for the Insulin (make sure you ask for Metformin Extended Release). And the potentially Clomid.

How regular are your periods? Do you have any other PCOS symptoms, like acne, extra weight and hair?

This is a great place to get all the support you need from ladies who know exactly what you are going through :hugs:

How are we all, ladies?!

I started getting EWCM last night - praying it means ovulation is around the corner. I usually get about 3-4 days of ewcm before O. have my acupuncture today - hopefully that will help too!

Have a great weekend, everyone! :thumbup:

Thanks for welcoming me. I love questions I get asked about this lol.
I've been trying to get pregnant since May, nothing has happened. Not too long before I was diagnosed with PCOS, they checked to see if I ovulated the following month, and I did not...

Yes, I've got lots of extra weight lol. I weigh 280, but I'm about 5'10 or 5'11, so I don't look that big. I've always been heavier weight. The only time I've been a closer to healthy "normal" weight has been when I was sick my thyroid disease.

The doctor did put me on Metformin, it isn't kind to my body lol. I've been on it for a week now. Husband has a sperm analysis coming up Thursday and she is running a dye test on me when I get my period on cycle day 10. She said that if everything checked out well then she will put me on the Clomid. I don't know if I'll have to take Metformin forever or what. She didn't say. She didn't say also what would be the next step if I had blocked tubes or if my husbands sperm count or motility is low...I guess cause she don't want me to worry, but, it's gonna happen anyways. I've been researching.

As far as other PCOS symptoms go, I would say no except for the extra weight. I'm 25 and I still get acne on my back or something, it's not really bad or anything on the face but sometimes certain months are if you get my drift. Cycles are kinda acting funky right now. I got off birth control in February, my cycles were 30-34 days...I think I hit May and my cycle jumped to 40, the next cycle was 50 days...then back to 40, a 39, and the last was 31. This was all before I got on any medicine though that is fertility wise. So, I guess you would say they are irregular. Doctor also has me on prenatal vitamins as well.

I'm glad that I'm here :flower:
I can't talk to anybody really about this that I know face to face because they don't understand. I recently as of yesterday, had a cousin of mine who basically said that I was whacked for wanting 5 children. Really pissed me off =) I let her have it.

good luck maria! fingers crossed this is your month! x

my bleeding seems to be going now so fingers crossed december is our lucky month! Just watched im a celeb and im glad that stacey has won! and i really hope cher gets voted out of xfactor! too cocky for my liking! x

I was shocked when I got my diagnosis of PCOS. At the time me and my OH weren't trying for kids but they were something we both wanted. I can't believe how the time flies... I think that was about 3 years ago now. Shortly after that we stopped being careful because we knew with my PCOS getting pregnant would be very difficult so we were NTNP. We had a 2 year plan to get my PCOS ''fixed'' (HA! What a laugh) so that we could have kids. Didn't decide to go right into TTC until last Jan. Kinda really starting to feel down that next month we graduate to 1yr TTC and over 2 years NTNP. I think Christmas coming up and a BFN yesterday has me want to cry all day but OHs mother is staying with us for a few days so I dont have time to myself to just have a good cry. She keeps telling me I am trying to hard. Anyone else HATE when people tell you that? Now OH is all like well... we are trying hard maybe she is right. Well what did the NTNP get us? Nothing either! Blah. Sorry for the ranting but I'm about to explode and cry and just over emotional right now...

jennie-:hugs: i'm sorry that you're going through all of this. i know how frustrating it can be, and i think "you're trying too hard" is one of the worst things you can tell someone who is ttc, and anyone who has said that to another person has obviously never had fertility issues. :flower: i know it's hard, but try to stay positive, and never give up!

Jennie - yep, my Mother was the same! EVERY time she saw me she'd say Im trying too hard and pregnancy always happens when you least expect it! The one time after her comments I went absolutely hysterical - I think it made her realise just HOW horrible I felt about the whole thing.

She's never mentioned relaxing again though!

CD18 for me and still no positive OPK :nope: Ive been in a lot of pain since saturday and TONS of ewcm since yesterday but no positive test :cry:

Im just not sure what the next step for us is....Clomid doesn't seem to be working for me so I wonder if we should try other kind of stimulation before going for IVF :shrug:

This is month 15ttc for us and never in a million years did I think we'd still be ttc now :cry:

maria-:hugs: tons of hugs for you, sweetness. i hope you get that positive opk very soon.

Thanks Pinky and Maria.. Sorry for my emotional crap yesterday.

Maria: Sorry to hear you don't have a positive OPK... Hopefully you will get one soon. Have you talked to your doc about the next steps if clomid doesn't work?

Jennie - Im currently waiting for a referral to a new gyni. Im leaving my current one because I don't trust him and think he's incompetent. Also, Ive heard from others he has a customized number plate with OVUM written on it :growlmad: I mean - who the hell has a plate like that?!

He has mentioned the next step would be ovarian drilling but I want a second opinion. Hopefully I get to see someone in Jaunary

Second opinions are always good. I left my first gyno because she said "You have PCOS. There is nothing I can do for you." Umm... lol oh yes there is!

YAYAYAYAY!! Just got strongest possible positive OPK :happydance::happydance::happydance:

SOOOO Happy!!!! :dance:

We BD'ed last night and I think we'll repeat again tonight. Girls, Im in such a better mood right now :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->