PCOS with normal blood hormone test results?

herethere

Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with PCOS as I do not have regular periods (one or two a year) therefore I assume I do not ovulate, have multiple follicles on my ovaries and I also have some hair on my abs etc. However ALL of the blood tests I have ever had have always said hormones are at the normal levels (do not know the results). Is it possible to have PCOS but have normal hormone levels? If this is the case, then will clomid make me ovulate? My partners semen morphology 4% and motility a little slower than should be (15% rapid, 41% rapid and progressive - a and b). He is borderline IVf. Please help. Thank you.

how were you diagnosed with PCOS? just through not having regular periods?

I missed 3 periods this year Jan - March and they took blood to see whether i had PCOS, but they all came back normal. I having a scan on Tue to see if there is anything wrong with my ovaries or anything. Weve been TTC for over a year for our first so looking forward in a way to the scan to hopefully solve the problem if there is one, especially as you say your blood tests were all normal

how were you diagnosed with PCOS? just through not having regular periods?

I missed 3 periods this year Jan - March and they took blood to see whether i had PCOS, but they all came back normal. I having a scan on Tue to see if there is anything wrong with my ovaries or anything. Weve been TTC for over a year for our first so looking forward in a way to the scan to hopefully solve the problem if there is one, especially as you say your blood tests were all normal

Thanks diagnosed by symptoms of PCOS and multiple follicles on my ovaries.

We have been trying for a long time for a second child (first aged 9) but it hast happened. Good luck for your scan

I have been diagnosed with PCOS as I do not have regular periods (one or two a year) therefore I assume I do not ovulate, have multiple follicles on my ovaries and I also have some hair on my abs etc. However ALL of the blood tests I have ever had have always said hormones are at the normal levels (do not know the results). Is it possible to have PCOS but have normal hormone levels? If this is the case, then will clomid make me ovulate? My partners semen morphology 4% and motility a little slower than should be (15% rapid, 41% rapid and progressive - a and b). He is borderline IVf. Please help. Thank you.

Hiya,

I have just had my blood test results back and am in exactly the same boat! Not had a period since 2nd April, previous one to that was December last year. Have been told i have pcos and yet my bloods come back ok. I was a bit annoyed to be honest as i had at least hoped for the Dr to say "ok , you've too much of this or not enough of this". :growlmad:

I am quite a factual personal whereby i need to have facts and figures and answers to things. I'm researching online now to see what else can cause pcos and annovulation if its not the hormones being out of balance??

Currently going for weekly electro accupuncture, so really hoping that will move things along
:dust:

Hi i Had the hormone bloods done and they come back normal then i had a trans vaginal and there it was all over my ovaries !! so wait until u have a scan x

I am in exactly the same situation I have always had irregular periods but not to this extreme my average cycle is anywhere between 60-70 days at the moment. It is very frustrating as we're trying to conceive and I have no idea when I ovulate if at all. This would be my 2nd child I have a little boy already who is 4 but my cycles weren't as bad when I was ttc him. I have had two lots of bloods taken both came back clear but after an ultrasound at the hospital the doctor has said the results point to PCOS and is referring me to Gynaecology. I am very confused and desperate for answers we really want a child as my partner doesn't have any children. I can't obviously be infertile but maybe it gets worse over time who knows my head is spinning.

I am diagnosed with PCOS.

I didn't get periods until I was 16, and for the first few years I would be lucky to get one a year. In my early twenties they started to come a bit more frequent, but average 3-9 months. I have other symptoms of PCOS like fast growing hair, cysts on my ovaries etc and was constantly getting my blood tested for PCOS, but it always came back normal.

Last year, I had another blood test, and suddenly it confirmed I had PCOS. Another test a few months later showed the same thing. Yet now my tests are normal, but my OBGYN & FS say I still have PCOS, but my GP insists I don't and never did that it was just a fluke that 2 tests had the wrong results....so I really don't know how they decide these things. I've been dealing with it for 10 years now.

The one thing my OBGYN did was put me on prometrium (provera). I take it every 60 days and it forces me to have a period, because she said it's not good for the lining to build up that long. Also, it give me at least a chance of ovulating.

My FS also prescribed Metformin for the PCOS, and I conceived on the second cycle. I lost the baby at 10 weeks, but at least I know I ovulated and conceived. My FS said if the Metformin doesn't work on it's own, then I will take clomid as well, which she said should definitely make me ovulate. So...I think clomid should help, but there might be some additional things your doctor can do to help.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"