pen v and flucloxicillin together for tonsillitis?

sophie22

Reaction score
5mls each 4 times a day, so every 4 hours i asked. the nurse said that was ok. but it seems loads. does anyone think it sounds too often or too much? my little boy is nearly 3 and big for his age but every 4 hours seems a lot and he keeps saying ow after he has had it :/

Who prescribed it? If it was a GP then I'd phone up to double check. Or phone a pharmacy and ask to speak to the pharmacist - they'll be able to tell you.

pen v gp prescribed and fluclox the hospital but they said to take both at the hospital :/

Poor wee soul - he must have been very poorly. My LO is on penicillin v at the moment for tonsillitis and it's a nightmare giving it 2hrs after or one hr before food. I'm giving it every 6 hours (4 times a day) for 10 days and that's bad enough. So I feel your pain. I hope your LO Is feeling better.

Poor wee soul - he must have been very poorly. My LO is on penicillin v at the moment for tonsillitis and it's a nightmare giving it 2hrs after or one hr before food. I'm giving it every 6 hours (4 times a day) for 10 days and that's bad enough. So I feel your pain. I hope your LO Is feeling better.

Oh I tell you what, it is an absolute nightmare. Two syringes 4 times a day. They have given him the runs every 2 minutes so he now has a sore bum which he is whining about all day long. And he has to stay up late so I can fit the meds in and don't have to wake him up for them. My other son now as them too as he has a mild ear infection and is chesty. He has the runs and a sore bum too.

Jesse was never a good eater so now he is right off food and trying to get him to eat in a very limited window is impossible! Poor boy is going to be skin and bone at this rate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->