People are nosey

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Went to the restaurant for dinner last night, and we had LO in the car seat while we were there.
When we walked in a few staff came and look at him and ask how old he was and a few more questions, it was fine then...

I put him next to me and i fed him while i was ordering food, then i put him back down. When we were eating this staff came and sat right next to him :evil: on the chair right behind me, then she asked again if he's a boy or girl :hissy: silly woman i just told her when i walked in

she kept going; how old he is, oh! he looks just like his dad nothing like mummy :hissy: Then she called another girl to come and sit next to her and look at the baby
:devil:
LO started putting his hand in his mouth ( teething ) so she said he's hungry. i said no he 's not i just fed him. And again she said he's hungry, i said he's teething not hungry ( just about to lose control now ). And i started rocking the car seat and said to LO "go to sleep darling"

And you know what she did? she started rocking the car seat with me:hissy::hissy::hissy:

Why can't they just leave us alone enjoying the food.:hissy:
I turned to OH and kept talking and no more conversation. Then she left.
I finished half of the food then i told OH it's enough i wanted to go home

Never go back there again....

sorry for a long rant

I just hate that, yes I understand it is your job as staff to be friendly, but there is a point when it is too much. You are there to eat and enjoy the food not be told how to care for you LO.

Aww bless you hunny...sometimes people dont understand that friendly can sometimes become annoying...lol...i had my OH's lady friend coming over and she mucst have told me at least 10 times to feed my bubs everytime he winged!...all i felt like saying is F*** O**!!! xx

i hate that. they might be dirty people who don't wash their hands. creepy. urgh. (plus they should be working, not gossiping)

That sounds awful! You were paying to eat there and they wouldn't even leave you alone! I'm fortunate that we haven't had anything quite as bad as that yet. Hope your next dining experience is a better one :hugs:

omg thats soo annoying! u just want to eat your meal in peace! i totally hated it when strangers came up to my son and started touching him, it freaked me out cos their hand were probably dirty eeewww! its a real pet HATE of mine. x

That really pisses me off too. I had the off license guy say to me that "she has to wear gloves it's too cold, what are you thinking?" I tried to explain to her that she did have gloves until about 5 minutes before then when I realised they had both fallen off somewhere. Grrrrrr.

When people come over to her and I can't be bothered, I smile politely, say thanks, then cover her with a muslin or a blanket in her carseat/pram. It works everytime!

oh a little OTT for my liking, I would have said somthing.
There is this indian rest we go to sometimes and one of the waiters loves Oscar. He whipps him away to go play on the bar when OH and I have our dinner :lol:
I dont mind though, I keep an eye on him.

that though, is interfearing, I wouldnt put up with that from a family member let alone some random person :shock:

i would have probably said "do u mind, we're having a family meal out"

bloody people...why dont they learn where the line is??

i really hate this too! we went to a cafe with ohs parents n the staff just stood there n stared n kept askin questions theres only so long i can be polite for but people just dont get the message it drives me insane.

i feel like screaming STOP LOOKING AT MY BABY! but i dont mind if its my friends or family but strangers f off lol

That sounds awful! You were paying to eat there and they wouldn't even leave you alone! I'm fortunate that we haven't had anything quite as bad as that yet. Hope your next dining experience is a better one :hugs:

hope so too. dont think it could be worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->