People that share certain things on facebook?

Hmm maybe I just don't see the appeal with telling everyone your business? or looking for attention statuses lol.

I just hate the ones who say stuff like "not looking forward to tomorrow..." and when asked what is happening they reply "cant tell you" Then why mention it?!

This!

For me Facebook is a social network. So i share what i would socially, funny stories about the kids, opinions on tv, i avoid getting too "heavy" id rather share that in person, with my close friends and family.

Why are we still so obsessed with the idea of not airing dirty laundry in public?! Why do we have to hide our problems and our emotions? It's one of the big issues with depression- no one feels they can talk about it!

For many people Facebook is their only real social outlet, or it simply feels a little easier to 'talk' on there to no one in particular than to a friend or to keep things pent up. If you don't like it hide or delete.

It's not the 'airing of dirty laundry' I think most people oppose to , more so the airing of it and then shut off if anyone asks what's up!!

People can put what they want on their Facebook but it really peeves me though when they rant about things then get told nothing's wrong or they can't tell you when you ask what's up. Really does stink of attention seeking rather than needing support!!

It honestly doesn't bother me. I can just scroll past it - if it lightens their day up, so be it. It doesn't affect me or mine.

You can also "unfollow" someone. They won't know you have, it just stops showing their updates in your feed (haven't read the replies yet - going back to do it now so sorry if that's been mentioned!)

Why are we still so obsessed with the idea of not airing dirty laundry in public?! Why do we have to hide our problems and our emotions? It's one of the big issues with depression- no one feels they can talk about it!

For many people Facebook is their only real social outlet, or it simply feels a little easier to 'talk' on there to no one in particular than to a friend or to keep things pent up. If you don't like it hide or delete.

It's not the 'airing of dirty laundry' I think most people oppose to , more so the airing of it and then shut off if anyone asks what's up!!

People can put what they want on their Facebook but it really peeves me though when they rant about things then get told nothing's wrong or they can't tell you when you ask what's up. Really does stink of attention seeking rather than needing support!!

I get that, but the point I was making was that the OP objected to people posting about their relationships etc. There was nothing in the original post about people seeking attention through ambiguously worrying posts and ignoring responses. I was only replying to the OP, and she did basically say that she didn't like people posting about their personal problems. Now I understand people don't think it's tasteful and wouldn't do it themselves- I try not to do it myself- BUT I do object to judging people for it; and before anyone says there's no judgement, that's exactly what the thread is.

I get that, but the point I was making was that the OP objected to people posting about their relationships etc. There was nothing in the original post about people seeking attention through ambiguously worrying posts and ignoring responses. I was only replying to the OP, and she did basically say that she didn't like people posting about their personal problems. Now I understand people don't think it's tasteful and wouldn't do it themselves- I try not to do it myself- BUT I do object to judging people for it; and before anyone says there's no judgement, that's exactly what the thread is.

But its not, if you read the op you would see I was talking about people who will tell the whole of facebook their relationship probs and call their partners all the names under the sun then they are all loved up and back together within a couple of days and the repeat the same cycle.

and airing public fueds ect

Exactly. What's the problem with that? You might not think it's classy and you might not do it but why should it be hidden? Relationships are like that a lot of the time and sometimes people need to rant and their only real outlet is FB.

I just hate the ones who say stuff like "not looking forward to tomorrow..." and when asked what is happening they reply "cant tell you" Then why mention it?!

This!

For me Facebook is a social network. So i share what i would socially, funny stories about the kids, opinions on tv, i avoid getting too "heavy" id rather share that in person, with my close friends and family.

Same here.. I just put up some stuff about the kids.. Photos too as we have family on fb we don't see often for various reasons and I know they like seeing these. Other random things too. I am the sort of person that doesn't air their dirty clothes in public.. I don't want the whole world to know if me and oh had an arguement.. I rarely put them on here. Plus if my oh put something horrible about me on fb I would b horrified! So I wouldn't do the same to him.
I had one friend on fb who had many fb arguements and was very open with stuff like that and would put almost everything on their including opinions she really should keep to herself. Anyway.. She had an arguement on fb and I started reading it as IMO if u r airing that out to everyone expect people to read it! Anyway my fb stalking got caught out as I accidentally liked a comment. Lol she deleted me after that. Not that I was bothered but still.. If u are that sort of person u should expect people to gossip about it. It's like feeding a fire petrol!
One person would also slag off her fob and go on about this and that the get back with one. One time she put a status up about it and I have her my opinion. I wasn't mean but just said that if he is a horrible to her as she made out she needs to start taking charge etc. couple of her friends agreed with me but she deleted the comment after that. Never understood why..

Exactly. What's the problem with that? You might not think it's classy and you might not do it but why should it be hidden? Relationships are like that a lot of the time and sometimes people need to rant and their only real outlet is FB.

I don't see why you would want everyone to know your off then on then off then on. we all have relationship probs at sometime I just don't see the need to air it all over facebook, esp when you are on and off all the time. people stop taking you seriously when you do that.

I don't have many people I can talk to but id never dream of telling the whole of facebook my business. why not pm?

I think people worry about what other people are doing too much.. :shrug:

If it bugs you so much, unfollow them!

I think people worry about what other people are doing too much.. :shrug:

If it bugs you so much, unfollow them!

No they are posting it for all to see lol
if I cared id be asking them about their relationship.

But why do you care that they're posting it? If it pisses you off, unfollow them.

But why do you care that they're posting it? If it pisses you off, unfollow them.

I don't know if I'd say it pees me off I just find it embarrassing!
But it depends what you use facebook for, maybe they use it for different reasons to me. or find it ok to just share their business to everyone lol.

I wasn't looking for an argument when I posted this! lol

I'm not arguing with you, I just have a different opinion than you do and I'm trying to understand yours. That's not arguing, I apologise that you see it that way. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

I'm not arguing with you, I just have a different opinion than you do and I'm trying to understand yours. That's not arguing, I apologise that you see it that way. Not everyone is going to agree with you.

I'm not asking everyone to agree with me!!

Maybe they dont feel they are close enough to any one to send them a message about it.

So why decide we're arguing purely because I don't agree with you? :shrug: Unfollow the person you're embarrassed by and get on with your life. Easy peasy :thumbup:

Maybe they dont feel they are close enough to any one to send them a message about it.

This. So many times when I've been really struggling with things I have posted an 'annoying, attention seeking status about my private problems' because I felt embarrassed PMing anyone because what do you say?!

I raise an eye brow at what they share but to be honest I will just hide certain peoples statuses. I hate the attention seeking ones like 'can anything else go wrong' stuff like that then people put what's the matter? they say I don't want to say on facebook and then they have 20 msgs hope your ok, pm me, if you don't want to share it fine but then that means don't share (mind you I come from a family you are expected not to air dirty washing lol so maybe I am being unfair). The one that has bugged me on mine is someone who just got divorced and aired a load of dirty washing about ex when their children were on facebook and seeing statuses ,fine you don't like your ex but don't air all that bitterness out in front of your kids , also seeing people bring out private things on other pages that they did not what known about childhood or when younger (if they choose to share fine but its not your choice). I personally use Facebook to stay in touch with friends and family and make the odd status update about what me, dh and lo are up to, share a few photos and use it to talk to friends. My husband has the odd sports reference on his and a few photos. I have never felt the need to put negative stuff up, it doesn't bother me others do as their choice what they put out in public. I think you do need to consider that future employers may check your online presence, and also what you write when you were a lot younger will be available for people to see in the future.

So why decide we're arguing purely because I don't agree with you? :shrug: Unfollow the person you're embarrassed by and get on with your life. Easy peasy :thumbup:

right you have gave your opinion and advice thanks.
I am not arguing with you!!

the people I am talking about I KNOW they do have close friends and family that they confide in. its just attention seeking and feeling the need to air their business in their case.

some of you don't see the issue weather it be you think its ok to do it that's fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->