People who have had gallbladder removed

rebeccaxoxo

Proud mummy to baby Harry
Reaction score
Do you have any issues with foo or alcohol afterwards ? I've just heard some horror stories and I'm de to get mine removed next month

It's 2 months since my DH had his removed and he has a new lease of life. Prior to that he had pancreatitis with bad jaundice twice due to escaped stones resulting in long stays in hospital and procedures to remove the stones. They couldn't remove the gallbladder until he recovered from the pancreatitis and then he got it again before they could get him booked in. He was having frequent gallstone attacks in the night if he ate anything fatty. Now he is eating whatever he wants and even having the odd beer or two which always made him suffer before.
The doc told him that a gallbladder full of stones isn't working anyway so might as well come out and then at least the pain and risk of escaping stones will go.
I also know 2 friends who have had theirs removed and have had no ill effects, only improvement in quality of life.
Good luck for your op x

I had mine removed in 2007 after having my daughter... i have to say that the advice I would give is to really watch the diet, keeo fatty foods to a minimum. Also I have had bad pain in that area after drinking too much alcohol .. mainly wine x

I had mine removed 3 years ago now. I had no trouble with fatty food but suddenly had terrible trouble with fruit!!! Must have been the acid. I bought loads of healthy stuff to eat after surgery, ate a kiwi fruit, and an hour later was rushing to a&e with worse pain than the gallbladder.
I had to wean myself back onto fruit slowly by eating it alternately with cheese or something fatty. :dohh:
Anyway, all this only lasted about a month or two and now I don't even think of it, I can eat or drink anything.

I had mine removed march 1st after jaundice and gall stones..I do have issues with food, theres certain things that if I eat it, within minutes I have pain and need the toilet. As soon as I have been the toilet I am ok. I take buscopan to try help atm. A friend of mine is the same too. To be honest though after the pain of the gallstones, all the hospital stays, the jaundice...a bit of diarrhea every now and again is bliss lol..x

I have chronic pancreatitis and had my galbladder removed around age 12....only thing I notice as an adult is I can hardly drink any alcohol (causes abdominal pain) and occassionally if something is greasy AND spicy, then my guts are all tore up. Other than that I have no issues.

Thanks for all the replies Im just getting a bit down about the fact I might not ever be able to enjoy a drink or two after having t removed and I won't even be 21 :( . Sorry about the self pity I guess I'm just looking for positive stories and so far ive got a pretty mixed bag

I had mine removed 10 years ago. I won't lie the year after was fairly bad, I had the worst IBS, anything high in fibre would set it off. After that things settled down and now I can eat anything and drink anything with no issues 99% of the time. Your body does adapt, just be kind to yourself following the op and go steady with diet and drink for a bit. Good luck!

i had mine removed 15years ago (was the youngest in Britain) and i never had any probs at all :)

had mine removed 6 years ago, i still struggle sometimes with greasy food, but can haev the odd wobbly pop. my advice is to get the damn thing removed, you will feel sooooo much better xx

I've never had any problems with it full stop, including getting totally battered on vodka plenty of times (before Kitty was conceived).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->