perineal massage?

Scally

Reaction score
Is anyone doing this? What sort of oil are u using? Ermmmmm is it easy to do? I have just been reading up on it, and thought i might give it a go, the thought of tearing scares me soooo much!

I am planning to do this too, I think you should start in the third tri and use olive or almond oil. I'll give it a go as I'm terrified of ripping or being cut.

Almond oil is supposed to be good. You can buy it in most chemists and it's only a couple of pound for a big bottle. There's no need to start perineal massage until about 35/36 weeks though, my yoga teacher told me that we shouldn't really be messing around 'down there' before then. It's never too soon to start working on your pelvic floor though ;) xx

Thank you, i didnt realise u had to wait until later, thats a relief for a while then!

A lot of girls deliver a few weeks ahead, so you may want to wait until early 30s or so, but if you are hoping for good results and not tearing, you may not want to wait until the last minute, either. I would be interested to know if this worked for anyone. Seems it would be worth it!

I read a bit about this too. I also read about putting your thumb just inside 'there' and stretching it by pressing down?? I'm not keen on the sound of that! Lol. As i'm bathing in oil and rub in bio oil after my bath when i'm naked i rub a bit of oil down there too. No harm in starting early as i'm terrified of tearing or being cut too!

I'm definitely going to try this - it can't do any harm and might be an excellent benefit.

Mothercare do a cream called 'bump and beyond perfect delivery cream' but its £4.99 so quite expensive it says the main ingrediant is olive oil so i think i'm just going to use that and start about 30 weeks

with my eldest i was told by MW that its ok to do anytime after 24-26weeks but daily until after 30weeks.

i did and it was no use as i ended up being cut without my consent (only ex hub - you would have thought i was unconscious as staff spoke to HIM not me!!!) BUT it did work with lil man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->