Period late by two days, BFN, what's going on?

Kwee

Reaction score
So I'm late two days now, I've been getting on and off light cramps since the 11th and now I have no cramps at all. I took a FRER this morning and it was stark white, BFN. I'm always regular, 26 days on the dot. This is very weird for me. I don't have any symptoms really, except skin breakout and sore boobs. But I usually get that when my period is due.

I looked up how far along I'd be if I was pregnant and it said 3 weeks and 5 days...is it possible to get a positive this early even if I am late for my period?

Now 3 days late, a bfn this afternoon. Still very mild cramping on and off. Sigh, I don't know what to do. This is so odd for me.

You could've ovulated later than usual which could explain why your period hasn't come yet. If the test says negative then it's negative. It could be stress or a number of things why you are late. I was on D48 of out my 32 day cycle before I got my period. It happens. I know it's hard not to read into things when you want a BFP. I'm starting a TWW and I'm already impatient. :cry:

Also a lot of early detection tests can tell you a week before your missed period so it's unlikely that you would still be getting a negative days after your missed period. If you are that concerned about it you could get a blood test done to know for sure.

On one hand I've read about women not getting their BFP until they are a week (+) late.

On the other, I'm not sure how it is for you, but since TTC my period has decided to change up every cycle.

It's possible you are pregnant and your levels are just not detected yet. But it's also possible that your period is just late this time around (even if it's not the norm).

I would give it a couple days and then test again.

I'm sorry I don't know how to edit a post on my iPad, but I recently read how with HCG levels some women don't produce enough to get a positive until about a week after their missed period or even longer.

Thanks girls. I think I really am just late. I ovulated between cycle day 13-15 according to my chart and opk. I think maybe I just want it so bad it's making my period late. When I was pregnant the first time I got a positive at 5 days late so if I don't get it by Thursday I'll test again but I just really think it's late. I wish I were like those others that just took a while to get a positive but that hasn't been my experience with my first pregnancy.

I had 26 days cycles, 3 days late, negative. Tested at 8 days late, obviously positive and now coming up 5yrs old.

I had period like cramps on and off either side of the af due date then too. Thought it was just going to be late, took another 12 months to come ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->