Persona?

StrawberryJam

Reaction score
Hi,

I wondered if anyone was using or had used the Persona machine as a contraceptive?

I want to stop taking the pill as it's been 11 years and I feel like my body needs a break but my husband and I never really got on with condoms and i don't want to have a coil at the moment. We've talked about babies in the future so getting pregnant wouldn't be the end of the world, but OH wants to wait til we've got a bigger house and more money :)

I'm interested in trying natural family planning and wondered whether Persona would help us once the cycles were back to normal?!

Thanks in advance, love reading the forums - nice to know other ppl out there feel just like I do!

xx Strawbs

Hi, I used the Persona machine for about 2 years with my ex boyfriend successfully, but we stopped using it when the doctor told us it wasn't reliable. If it wouldn't a disappointment if you got pregnant then go ahead. As I said it worked fine for us (even though we were naughty and used the withdrawal method on the red days when we should have used condoms). (Or maybe he was just firing blanks :S)

I haven't used the Persona, but we use the LadyComp, which is similar. I'd recommend the LadyComp wholeheartedly. It's as reliable as the pill, studies show, and has no side effects. Taking your temperature in the morning becomes automatic, and takes 30 seconds, so doesn't interfere with your routine. I like knowing my cycles, and when we do TTC we'll automatically know when I'm fertile and ovulating.

I use Persona and natural family planning (charting temperatures and cervical mucus). Persona is somewhat less reliable than nfp, which is as reliable as the pill, but I just feel safer using them both. I can only recommend it! It's facinating to learn about how your body works and get to know the signs and symptoms. I was on the pill for 11 years as well and have been feeling SO much better since I came off it 11 months ago. I was lucky in that my cycles went straight back to normal (more or less) but in a lot of women it takes a few months (My friend who came off the pill in the same month as me has still not had a period yet). So I think it's a good idea to come off the pill a while before you want to actually TCC.

I've been saying this a lot on here but I can't help it, I'm a huge fan: Go and read Toni Weschler's "Taking Charge of your Fertility". It's a revelation! I really learnt a lot from it (even though I thought I was clued up before) and it's easy to read as well and tells you everything you need to know to practise nfp.

Thank you for the replies!!

Will talk to OH again about it but think it may be the way forward for us. Am just so sick of taking the pill have forgotten what it feels like to live without it... And worry that my cycles may take a while to settle back down again when we start TTC.

:)

Hi as long as you dont mind that pregnany may happen. A friend of mine used the persona and got pregnant as its not too reliable I dont think.

hi

only just saw this thread but i thought i would reply
i use the persona and i love it and it has worked for me i used it for 2 years and then went on the injection for a few years and now i'm using it again.
the thing i love about it is i can see how my cycles work so i will know when we ttc.
On the red days it does say to take extra precautions or not have sex at all and for the first few months i had loads of red days while the moniter got used to my cycle and this month it actually showed that i would be oving in a day or 2 - the same time that we had a oopsie but thats a different story :haha:
if you dont mind using condoms or not having sex at all on these days then i would highly recommend it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->