Petechiae on face, protein & leukocytes in urine

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
I am in a bit of a panic. I popped into the pharmacy this morning to ask about a rash I've developed overnight on my face. They didn't know what it was so suggested I pop over to the walk in clinic. I did so and the doctor there said it isn't a rash but bleeding under the skin called petechia. He said its usually caused by trauma (I've had none) or low platelets but if that's the case it should be more widespread on the body.
I have had some bad cramping too and I've felt it's been more of an effort to take a full breath, I put this down to general pregnancy but told him anyway.
He did a urine sample which showed protein and leukocytes but didn't say anything else about that.
He told me because I'm not bleeding I won't be seen by anyone today but he's booked me a scan for next Wednesday to check on baby and did that's all he can do.
Now I've got home and used dr Google and I'm stressed. He dismissed the petechiae completely but they are obviously there for some reason! And also didn't care for the protein and leukocytes in my urine, surely that's something too? Infection?
I don't know whether I should call my midwife and explain what happened and see what she thinks or should I take the walk in clinic doctors word for it that all of those things mean nothing at all!?

Feeling more at ease now. Called midwife and she said the doctor should never have said that about platelets, my rash is burst capillaries and are likely from the strain of sickness! Not to worry about the urine sample as without dangerously high bp she isn't concerned. She said keep the scan for reassurance, my pains sound normal. I see her on Tuesday and she's going to do another fbc for peace of mind too :)

Feeling more at ease now. Called midwife and she said the doctor should never have said that about platelets, my rash is burst capillaries and are likely from the strain of sickness! Not to worry about the urine sample as without dangerously high bp she isn't concerned. She said keep the scan for reassurance, my pains sound normal. I see her on Tuesday and she's going to do another fbc for peace of mind too :)

That's a relief! Hope all goes well at your scan xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->