Petrified - still doesn't feel real

Jillie89

Mummy to 2 IVF miracles
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

Thought I should finally jump over to here. I am officially pregnant with miracle IVF baby number 2. Hubby and I have an 8 month old girl from IVF also.

You would think that second time round would be easier and less worrying, but for me I am still so scared. I can't bring myself to get excited even though everything is going fine so far. Doesn't feel real yet. Petrified that I may have a MMC as I am on medications to keep this pregnancy going (as I had a medicated frozen transfer) I have to stay on them until 12 weeks.

First ultrasound was yesterday and all was good - saw our little frosty and the heart beating, but I tell you my wait for 2 weeks to see my OBGYN feels like forever away. I just hope I can relax a bit and start to enjoy it more. I spent the entire last pregnancy worried and petrified I would jinx things no matter what I did. I am crazy!

Although I don't have any experience with IVF, I'm pregnant with my 2nd too and I'm completely petrified. A part of it is, how can I be so lucky to have another healthy baby? I feel like I couldn't possibly strike gold two times. Because I'm so freaked out about everything I oddly haven't accepted this pregnancy as completely real yet either (even though I can clearly see my tummy is getting bigger and I feel like vomiting every single afternoon/night, not to mention 3 great scans so far). It feels crazy doesn't it?

I totally get what you mean.

This is my second ivf baby too and I'm a lot more nervous this time, mainly because I have pressure from DD who is desperate for a sibling and also that we can't keep having ivf due to age, money, eggs etc so need this one to work out.

I've had 5 scans so far and have my 12 week one next week. The wait is torture!

Same here, although i havent had ivf each baby ive actually been more worried. i expected it to go the opposite way. I never really accepted my third baby pregnancy to be real as i was just really sick she was never a big mover.

I've been feeling the same way. We had a MMC at 9 weeks last year, so I am petrified every single day with this pregnancy that something is going to go wrong again. I've had 2 scans, with my most recent being yesterday and saw baby and heartbeat looks great. I'm just trying to take it week by week, scan by scan.

I have never had IVF but i am on my 3rd pregnancy and i cant help but worry! I have my scan on Tuesday so not long to wait but keep worrying that when we get there they wont find a heartbeat. just hope thi slittle one is healthy and growing like he/she is supposed to be.

I have been getting crampy feelings all the time but some have been really sore but no blood or anything. but on a positive note i have a major bump and still a bit of sickness although it is no where near as bad as it was xx

IM also petrified

I've had two mmcs. One at 8.5 weeks (found out at 13) and one at 6.5 (found out at 8). I had a scan last week and saw the HB, baby measuring ahead by 2 days at 7w4d. I felt fine that day, happy. But each day since I'm becoming more and more scared, dreading my next appointment. I go back in 2 weeks and am hoping for the best. I know they say after seeing the hb the risk goes down, but it's not easing my mind.

Hi all! I'm feeling the same way. It took my hubby and I 9 months to conceive the first time and that ended in miscarriage at 10 wks (baby was 8.5). After receiving treatment for infertility and having surgery to remove endometriosis, I am finally pregnant again. It took us almost 2 years to get pregnant again after the first one! We had actually given up and BAM!..BFP. So now I am a mess of worry.

I've had 2 scans and everything looks good so far but that was weeks ago. I'm almost 9 weeks now, so I'm right about where I had problems last time. I'm so afraid that I will go to my 11 week scan and they won't be able to find a heartbeat. I've been wary on going on these forums because I feel like they make me more nervous but this thread seems more positive.

Have you ladies found anything to ease your minds? I've just been trying to be thankful for every day I don't have a bleed and every time I feel sick. Basically, trying to take it one day at a time. Between that and just reminding myself that there is no use in worrying since there would be nothing I can do anyway, has helped. I know the last thing is not super positive but it helps me to try and relinquish control.

I just wish we all could have a naive pregnancy and know everything would turn out fine. Thanks for listening!

Thanks ladies. Good to know I am not the only one who is feeling like this.

I wish you all the best with your pregnancies. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will have another cute little picture on our frosty to share :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->