Petrified!!!!

JViti

*Autism Mommy*
Reaction score
So, this is my 3rd pregnancy. My first was full term at 41+4 weeks. A boy named Anthony James, born July 28 2006. :cloud9: My second pregnancy ended on June 1 in a chemical miscarriage, possible twins. :cry: This is my 3rd and im scared. :wacko:

First off, its an IVF pregnancy after 4 1/2 years of TTC. We transferred 2 embryos so twins is a huge possibility. We go for our first scan on Friday Sept 5. :baby::baby:

Last week, I had a pinched nerve in my neck, and it was so painful...worse than childbirth!! I was put on oxycodone for the pain...the hospital was aware i was pregnant and assured me that the oxycodone was safe. OK fine..i suppose. :shrug:

All this week, I have had the worst cold since being pregnant with my son. For some reason, once I hit 6-7 weeks, I get the worse cold on earth. I dunno if my immune system sucks or what. But i was coughing to the point where I couldnt breathe. I went to the clinic and they told me to take Robitussin DM. The pharmacist said that she lived on Robitussin DM during her whole pregnancy and not to worry. OK Fine....i suppose. Needless to say...it sucked, it didnt work. Another pharmacist told me to take Delsym...that it was the same ingredient as the DM in the robitussin, so if i was told that Robitussin DM was ok...that Delsym would be ok. :shrug:

But now im worried. In the course of 1 week, my poor baby (or babies) have been oober drugged by pain killers and cough syrup. I am so worried that it is gunna do damage or already did the damage. :cry::shrug::cry::cry:

I go for my scan in 4 days and all I can think about is..."What if they find an empty sac?"....."what if they dont see a heartbeat??"

Its getting depressing. All I can think is....4 more days til I either see my live baby (or babies) or my baby (or babies) dead body in my stomache...I know its a crude way to look at it, but im so nervous and scared and anxious that its making me think crude thoughts. Its like, I want to see my scan, but what if its bad???? What if all this ends in 4 days??? I dont think I can bare another loss...especially right now. :cry:

I feel like I am already showing, I have my cravings, i have my cramps, my stomach gets tight at times, i get nauseous.

Did I mention that I have PCOS and my miscarriage risk is TRIPLE a normal woman??? Add that to them being IVF babies...which also ups ur risks. Then the medicine i had to take, even tho they were deemed ok...? Like I feel like I dont stand a chance of having a live baby show up on that scan on Friday. :cry::shrug::cry:

Did anyone else take these meds and still be ok? Any words of wisdom or encouragement???

Ive never done IVF but I can understand your stress. You just want all to be well, I know. The early days of pregnancy can do that to us. Im praying for you and for some reason, I just know you will come back and report that all is well.:hugs:

I'm carrying ivf baby and have pcos too. Today is 10w+3d. I don't have experience with cold medicines during pregnancy but I understand your worries. I was worried when I did my 1st scan too and now I am worried again for my next scan. I had 1 panadol when I was 4 weeks. My ivf clinic said it is fine but I felt guilty taking that 1 panadol. Hope everything okay with your scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->