pets and babies

DCS

Reaction score
Just wondering how your pets and babies get on?
While i was pregnant my puppy would come and lay next to me and rest her head on my belly. There were many times when LO would kick and my would end up kicking the dog, she just didnt care and got very protective of the bump.
When we brought LO home she followed him around the house and wouldnt leave his side, she barked and cried the first time we took him out without her.
Now LO is 3 months old and she seems scared of him, almost as it she thinks she will get into trouble if she goes near him.
She will come over and have a sniff and then walk away.
LO loves her, he will sit/lay there and just watch her even if she is asleep.

So how have your pets adjusted to the new arrival?
please share.

My cat hasn't taken to it well, I'm hoping she will come around, she's fine with lo (thank god!) but has taken to 'getting' me I think it's just because don't give her as much attention,
My lo sounds the same as urs and will just watch her (she actually stops whatever she is doing to look lol) but if ur worried about pushing ur dog out may be some more attention?!? Xx

berry (my dog) takes no notice of alfie :shrug: the only time she will bother with him is when hes in his highchair eating lol. Alfie however loves her to pieces, he reaches for her, babbles away to her, strokes her when she waddles past.

<3

Dillan will stop what he is doing also. The dog is way more interesting than mummy and daddy and basically everything else. its quite sweet that he loves her so much. she usually brings a toy over to whoever isnt holding LO unless i have food and the LO then its all eyes on me.

Hi,
mine are not really bothered by Vinnie but that could be because they are used to having babies/small children around them. the most they do is come up, have a sniff then either walk away or sit next to him, saying that though when i was pregnant with him they wouldnt come near me :shrug:

berry (my dog) takes no notice of alfie :shrug: the only time she will bother with him is when hes in his highchair eating lol. Alfie however loves her to pieces, he reaches for her, babbles away to her, strokes her when she waddles past.

<3

sounds familiar!!! LOL! it's gotten to the point where he drops food on the floor, just to feed the dog! Well, this is the older mix we have, she was the only one around before he was born. She didn't care that I was pregnant, and it didn't phase her after he was born. If he annoys her too much, she just walks away.

The other 3 dogs I have are all younger than my son, 21,16,5 months old. my son will be 2 next month.He grew up with the 3 other dogs, they don't bother him either, just swoop around the highchair whether hes in it or not.

We got our puppy when Lennie was a couple of months old and the puppy is great with him. I was upstairs once and Lennie was crying downstairs and the dog was barking at the bottom of the stairs to tell me. He also likes to be really close to Lennie. He kind of goes weird when I change Lennies nappy - he comes and lays right next to him making it difficult to change his nappy.

My cat who I did have when pregnant wouldnt leave me. She normally is an outdoors cat, but when I was pregnant she was always in, since having Lennie, she is always curious about him and will try and get close to lick him. x

my cat's hide :/ it's very rare they will sit within reach of henry, if he's sat on the floor and they need to get past him they run and go the long way round :( God know's what they will be like when henry is on the move.

we've got 4 dogs and (dalmatian, english bull and 2 jack russells), we don't let them near our LO as hes only 2 mths old, but they are really good with kids so when he is older he will be chasing them round and vice versa lol x

We have no animals currently but my dog growing up (at my parents) gets very excited when I get there and shuns me if I don't have the baby. He always has to have his kiss, and if she cries while we're there he gets anxious and stands by her with this look on his face like "umm....hello???" He lays by her on the floor, which is cute cuz she's so small and he's a HUGE dog. He absolutely loves her

When we first brought Daniel home Benjy was a bit wierd with me, was very excited jumping up to see what Daniel was but kind acted like he didn't love me :( Now he sometimes just ignores Daniel like he's not there, sometimes licks his toes lol but pretty much ok and just lies next to us! X

My dog reacted the same way for the first 4 months, mine had colic. Now, they are best of friends, seemed to have started when he was being weaned onto solids.... hmmm... the path to a dog's heart is his stomach :) Now, at 1, they play!!

i can not wait till LO is a little bit bigger and can play with the dog. LO loves the dog so much he stops crying when he sees her.

My male dog just sniffs her and walks away. He comes and barks at me when she cries though and runs between us (when LO is in her mosses basket or pen). As if I can't hear her!

My female dog is very maternal. She loves to be near LO and is always trying to lick her. She will often lay or sit next to whoever is holding her and just keep an eye. She also checks on her when she walks past, just to make sure.

LO has managed to bash both of them when they have been sniffing and both just pulled away. I'm so proud of how well they are doing with her, as they have been our babies too :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->