Photography Club

Hey Girls,

The lecture was amazing last night i had the best time. I'm so booking onto one of his courses when i've saved up some pennies!!!!

i was so amazed by this guys passion not only for photography but for his subject. Really gave me something to think about

wow some of these pics are amazing, nope, all of them are. you taleneted bunch!

Can i ask a couple questions?

I have a simple point and shoot digital compact camera, when i take pics they always seem blurred, took one of hubby the other day he was stood still as was I but it was blurred? any ideas?

secondly on readin if you want to blur out the back ground focus on the subject close up, i do that but the subject becomes blurred and the background is in focus?

any advie please?
thanks

glad you had a great time at the lecture, I would love to find something like this, to really get my teeth into :)

star-dust... hey :hi:

I reckon it must be the setting you have on.... you need anti-shake or something like that... have a play around...other than that not sure!

Dont know the answer to your second question but would like to know the answer :)

sorry im not much help :(

to have a blurred background or forground it's all about DOF (depth of field) there's some really useful links on google if you want to read up on it!

I have a simple point and shoot digital compact camera, when i take pics they always seem blurred, took one of hubby the other day he was stood still as was I but it was blurred? any ideas?

secondly on readin if you want to blur out the back ground focus on the subject close up, i do that but the subject becomes blurred and the background is in focus?

any advie please?
thanks

What camera do you have? It's all about depth of field. Most models have a macro (little flower symbol) or portrait mode. That's the mode I used on my Samsung L830 to get the subject in focus and the background blurry like this:

https://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs003.snc1/4401_107061145019_502445019_3069353_7699773_n.jpg

and if you want to go one deeper you can play around with depth of field by setting it to aperture priority where it's all about the amount of light let in the lense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aperture_priority

im on redbubble now not sure what im doing with it :rofl:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/leedsforever

:)
can i be in the bnb group??

any advie please?
thanks

It's either on the wrong setting (macro/normal/landscape etc) or you've been a bit shaky when you took it hun

The focusing in on one part (making background/foreground blurry) you need a camera where you can change the aperture setting.

The lecture sounds fab!
star-dust I had a similar problem a couple of years back with my point and shoot - all my photos were blurry, it turned out to be a fault with the lens - has the camera been dropped or anything recently? Did you used to get sharp images ok?

Some of my recent favourites :)

Attachments

• _MG_1638.jpg
    _MG_1638.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 9
  • _MG_1642.jpg
    _MG_1642.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2377.jpg
    IMG_2377.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4385.jpg
    IMG_4385.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4575.jpg
    IMG_4575.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 5

Attachments

• IMG_4646.jpg
    IMG_4646.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6051.jpg
    IMG_6051.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6413.jpg
    IMG_6413.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6563.jpg
    IMG_6563.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6590.jpg
    IMG_6590.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5
Im on redbubble now ive not even really started putting things on there yet cant get anything done with the kids around so ill upload my piccies on there tonight.
https://www.redbubble.com/people/emma27
Can i be a member the group as well?

Mrs_N Thoses pictures are brill!!

I went to a wedding with our point and shoot and some of the pictures were really blurred. No idea why very annoying though as some of the pictures would have been really nice :(

oh wow mrs n those pictures are awsom!

the guy that did the lecture does these workshop days if you're interested i'll find the link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->