• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Photoshop!

I have a question that some of you experts may be able to help me with!

I done a shoot at the weekend and the baby was in front of a lot of colourful items - cusions etc. Now, for some pics it looks great but for some I want plain backgrounds.

I normally set it up that way so it's fine but how can I do this in the most effective way? And to make it still look totally natural.

Thanks ladies :hugs:

xxx

pops your pics are amazing! and im sure raf wife can help more with yuor question!

Thanks hun :hugs:

Just playing around with some from a shoot....what do you think? Would you like something like this?

https://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo300/Paula1b/My%20Piccies/Collage2.jpg

xxx

2 secs, changing comps so I can look properly Pops x

Well they have already paid and got all their images which they are over the moon with. So much so that they have booked me for their wedding in August! I am really just looking for some more options and if any turn out good, I will send them on to them as an extra.

I guess I wondered if you got something like that as part of your package would you like it? It took a matter of minutes and is obviously not perfect but thinking along these lines but with more time spent and increased detail like possibly a border around each individual photo.

xxx

Just playing around with some from a shoot....what do you think? Would you like something like this?

xxx

personally I would prefer if 2 ends matched ie, both half color half balck and white and then the middle ones either just blcak and white or color, but thats what I would like everyone else is different

thats aside it is stunning

xx

Indeed, it's beautiful. The only thing is, with the far right image, you've made the most important part of the picture the little boys sweater by making it the only coloured part.

Ooooo sneaky, you changed the pic when I changed comps lol ;) :lol:

First off, your photography is utterly brilliant and yes I would pay for it and I'm not surprised they loved it! I would make the black background smaller and it draws your eyes away from the picture atm. I also had a quick go and using colour. I picked up the green in the boys jumper and used that as a background. Black around the pics and green border.

I think you've done an excellent job :)

Well they have already paid and got all their images which they are over the moon with. So much so that they have booked me for their wedding in August! I am really just looking for some more options and if any turn out good, I will send them on to them as an extra.

I guess I wondered if you got something like that as part of your package would you like it? It took a matter of minutes and is obviously not perfect but thinking along these lines but with more time spent and increased detail like possibly a border around each individual photo.

xxx

if your throwin it in as an extra then I would be over the moon, but as a seperate payin thing I would be more fussy! :laugh2::laugh2:

Oh I have informed hubby we are comin to you for babas first pro photo shoot, when told him were you are he said you havin a laugh..I said nope!!!!!! :rofl:

Thanks girls, that is exactly the sort of feedback I am looking for. I shall have a play around with those ideas and post some updates for you to consider :D

And also, thank you for being so kind, I know I am not fantastic by any standards but I love it and am so willing to learn which I think (and hope!) is half the battle!

Oh Alice, I'd love to do a shoot for you and Bubba!!! We can come to you, we LOVE it in your neck of the woods!!

xxx

Thanks girls, that is exactly the sort of feedback I am looking for. I shall have a play around with those ideas and post some updates for you to consider :D

And also, thank you for being so kind, I know I am not fantastic by any standards but I love it and am so willing to learn which I think (and hope!) is half the battle!

Oh Alice, I'd love to do a shoot for you and Bubba!!! We can come to you, we LOVE it in your neck of the woods!!

xxx

No bodys perfect hun, and to be as good as you are I hope your proud of yourself, I love lookin at your pics! ooo a holiday and work at same time sorted!!
Look forward to seein updates, xxxx

Nic, have you any tips on my question (first post page 15) about backgrounds hun?

Its for a different shoot than the ones I posted the collage of and it's really bugging me!!

xxx

which question hun? Not the collage?

Nope hun, I posted this first then the collage whilst I was waiting to see if anyone had any good ideas!

"I have a question that some of you experts may be able to help me with!

I done a shoot at the weekend and the baby was in front of a lot of colourful items - cusions etc. Now, for some pics it looks great but for some I want plain backgrounds.

I normally set it up that way so it's fine but how can I do this in the most effective way? And to make it still look totally natural.

Thanks ladies

xxx"

xxx

Are right, so you mean cut out the picture so you can put it like on a white background? :) Like for instance have the boy sitting by himself with no background?

xxx

this is exactly what I want to do :) hence me asking star-dust how to do it :lol:

its beautiful hun!!

I really want to get into photography like you are :) any pointers?? :) what camera do u have?

xx

Ok, well get your picture and crop it. Then go to filter >extract. Zoom in LOADS. Now using the pen tool, set it to 1 pixel. Now trace around your image making sure you don't make too many mistakes (you can fix mistakes though later). Make sure the green line goes all around your image and connects. Now use the paintbucket tool, fill it in and hit extract.

Now, take you image and zoom in to about 300%. With the background eraser tool set on one, take out any pixels that are left of the background.

The you go onto touching up the image :)

oooh im gonna have so much fun at the weekend :)

what camera do u have rafwife?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"