piercing baby's ears???

mrsrof

Mum to one :)
Reaction score
Someone asked me when I was going to have my daughter's ears pierced the other day. I was a bit shocked, it was a friend of mine and she said she had her daughter's ears pierced when she was only a few weeks old. Personally I can't stand seeing babies with earrings in...and I would be worried about them becoming infected, because they would pull at them!

Has anyone here had their baby's ears pierced? I had mine pierced for my 8th birthday.

Someone asked me this once. The look I gave them answered for me.

Can't imagine why its don't tbh

No n don't plan to either. I will only get LOs ears pierced when she's old enough to ask me for them done n when she can look after them herself. I understand cultures n stuff do it but Doin it because 'they look cute' is very selfish on the mother!! They do pull at them n then it's effin them dressed, duno bout you but some LOs clothes can be right to get on n off her head I'd be worried I WOULD pull at them gettin her chaned lol. Not worth the hassle personally :) x

I can see that in the near future there may be some strong opinions on this thread, possibly causing it to be closed, as in the past there was when another posted about this topic.

However, my two cents is that no I haven't pierced Lily's ears and I won't until she is old enough to make the decision to get it done herself. I don't judge those that have it done as babies, though. Their baby their choice!!! :)

Niamh will be getting hers done when she's old enough to ask and look after them herself.

I was walking past Claires accessories the other day and a baby was having hers done, she was about 5 months old. She had one done and her parents were trying to pin her to get the other done. The poor baby was in such a state. I felt awful for having to pin Niamh to get bloods done when she was ill. I can't imagine why people choose to do it for cosmetic purposes.

Not in a million years! I just cannot comprehend why you would pierce the ears of someone who can't possibly have any input into the decision. It really does baffle me.

This is a very controversial topic, I personally wouldn't pierce my baby ears but each to their own x

Personally, I'll wait... I was 7 when I felt ready and asked and my Mom agreed. I still remember it to this day (it wasn't exactly THE best memory as the first woman who tried was a biznatch- and made me CRY! LOL- but the 2nd place we went after I insisted I still wanted to give it a go was lovely). I want my LO to be old enough to remember and for us to have that experience together... BUT... I know women who had their LO's ears peirced very early (my bestie's daughter as well) - and there was no issue with it. So to each their own.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't see anything wrong with getting a baby's ears pierced. I won't be doing it though because I was hysterical with tears when my daughter had to have her foot pricked for blood, I wouldn't be able to stand seeing her cry when getting her ears pierced. And my husband wants to preserve her "innocence" until she's old enough. haha.

This is a hot topic! Many people will have their say on this.

I do plan on getting lo ears done, but it is totally cultural and nothing to do with cosmetic purposes at all.

I don't condemn those who decide to do it for even cosmetic purposes. It's not my business.

What I really want to say is that for those who are against it but say something along the lines of "to each their own" or "their lo, their business" and THEN say "I dunno why they'd do it, etc....isn't this being judgmental/critical of those who decide to do it on their lo for whatever reason/purpose????? Not trying to stir up anything here. But it is kind of an oxymoron to say. Just saying, just wondering......

Not for us but not something I'd get worked up over. Each to their own.

I didn't realise it would be a controversial topic to be honest! I only asked because it's not something I would have even thought about until my friend asked me was I going to do it. :shrug:

If it's done for cultural reasons that's fair enough!!

Nope I won't be her body her choice I don't understand how any mother could put there baby through unnecessary pain to be stylish Claires next to me were piercing a 6 month old the baby moved and the girl accidentally pierced through her cheek :s xx

This is a hot topic! Many people will have their say on this.

I do plan on getting lo ears done, but it is totally cultural and nothing to do with cosmetic purposes at all.

I don't condemn those who decide to do it for even cosmetic purposes. It's not my business.

What I really want to say is that for those who are against it but say something along the lines of "to each their own" or "their lo, their business" and THEN say "I dunno why they'd do it, etc....isn't this being judgmental/critical of those who decide to do it on their lo for whatever reason/purpose????? Not trying to stir up anything here. But it is kind of an oxymoron to say. Just saying, just wondering......

I said "each to their own" but not "I dunno why they'd do it", so maybe that wasn't addressed to me, I just wouldn't do it however I would never judge a parent for doing it by attacking them or calling them names etc, x

Someone asked me when I was going to have my daughter's ears pierced the other day. I was a bit shocked, it was a friend of mine and she said she had her daughter's ears pierced when she was only a few weeks old. Personally I can't stand seeing babies with earrings in...and I would be worried about them becoming infected, because they would pull at them!

Has anyone here had their baby's ears pierced? I had mine pierced for my 8th birthday.

i personally cant stand it when i see it i mean its more for the mothers sake wanting there child to look blinged up :/ i was also 8 when i had mine when i knew i wanted them doing my friend also got her babies done at 10 week old she then ripped 1 out and now had a lil scar down her ear poor baba x

LO will only have them done if she asks. Don't want her be at risk of infections at her age or catch them and risk ripping her ears or anything. Not worth it for them just to look "cute" x

Niamh will be getting hers done when she's old enough to ask and look after them herself.

I was walking past Claires accessories the other day and a baby was having hers done, she was about 5 months old. She had one done and her parents were trying to pin her to get the other done. The poor baby was in such a state. I felt awful for having to pin Niamh to get bloods done when she was ill. I can't imagine why people choose to do it for cosmetic purposes.

NEVER get your babies ears pierced at Claires. I worked their when I was 16 and recieved no proper training :nope: One time I peireced a 6 week old, she moved and i got the middle of her ear. Needless to say it was EXCRUTIATINGLY painful to take it out and re-peirce it. I still feel bad about that to this day :cry::cry::cry: I wanted to quit but I was in a co-op program so I would have failed my class, I avoided ear-piercing like the plague and I would advise anyone wanting to get their infant's ears pierce to do it either at a tattoo shop where they use a needle or at your pediatricians!

That being said I plan on piercing Jade's ears around when she turns 2!

I think it looks soooo flippin cute but I definitely wouldn't do it if I had a little girl, it really is unnecessary pain. I felt so guilty getting Lucas his last set of injections I spent a fortune taking him the safari park the next day to make it up to him :blush:

I used to be all for piercing their ears when they are younger, but now that I have became a parten. My daughter wont be getting her ears pierced until she ask for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->