Pineapple?

HopeBT

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
So Im 35 weeks today and have been craving pineapple for a while now.
Went for grocery shopping just now and got 3 beautiful pineapples.
But I have been reading it can induce labor which I am not trying to (hoping baby can cook another 2-3 weeks at least), so wondering if anyone had experience with pineapples causing preterm labor or induce labor? :dohh: :shrug:

I think you'll be ok, apparently you'd have to eat about 8 pineapples to do anything and its the middle part that has the thing in to cause induction!

I wouldn’t worry about it. I ate sooo much pineapple when I was pregnant with my son and it did nothing. I was hoping it would, but it didn’t.

I ate quite a bit at the end of my last pregnancy and it didn't do anything. I was probably eating half a one a day.

Like pp said it is mostly the core but you have to eat a ridiculous amount.

Thanks a lot for the input ladies!
I went ahead and ate some, it was delish. I didnt get much craving or appetite throughout this pg up until couple weeks ago, now Im eating everything in sight with monstrous appetite

Yeah you'd have to eat a TON and the core before it did anything. My doctor told me all that would happen from eating an entire pineapple was diarrhea. :haha:

Hahaha
That indeed did happen after eating an entire pineapple yesterday :haha:
But I just cannot stop eating it

Yeah you'd have to eat a TON and the core before it did anything. My doctor told me all that would happen from eating an entire pineapple was diarrhea. :haha:

I can assure you that this is correct! :blush:

I had pineapple cravings early on in my pregnancy, was eating a full precut tray in one sitting, plus the pineapple lollies that you can buy from Asda inbetween. It wasn't a pleasant outcome and I was glad when the craving passed after about 2 months :haha:

My midwife did say it is the core of a pineapple that supposedly has its labour inducing properties, I couldn't imagine anyone eating the core (Eurgh!)

Haha. This thread made me laugh.

I'm suddenly craving pineapple, and have eaten 2 500gm pots in the last two days. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->