Pink Spotting??

sarah83

Reaction score
I'm in bits.

I've just been to the toilets and there was some pale pink CM when I wiped - for about 3 wipes then clear.

I rang NHS direct and they suggested I made a GP appointment today but I've got to ring back at 2pm for an appointment. She did say she'll fit me in for sure if it's an emergency.

I'm in work, terrified and I haven't told anyone I'm pregnant so feel totally on my own.

I know spotting can be totally normal - I haven't had any abdo or back pain so I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok but I'm so scared...
I'm 6 weeks tomorrow x

Lots of ladies spot early on, try not to worry too much. Hopefully your doctor will get you in for an early scan to reassure. No pain or cramps must be a good sign, let us know how you get on, xx

No pain or cramps is a good sign hon but I would call my doctor to see about getting an early scan for reassurance. It is very common though. If it starts to get heavy or you get pains go to a&e if you can. :hugs:

Thanks both.
Still no pains and I just went to the toilet again and there's nothing now??
Really hoping this is nothing, I'm just so scared.

I've been spotting since sunday and called the midwife today who made me call the GP.
I spoke to them on the phone, they said take a PG test. Did it was positive and now I'm booked for a scan on Thursday. Didnt actually have to go in to see them.... the phone call was enough.
Will they let you speak direct to a doctor rather than the receptionist?? Perhaps you could bypass the doc's appointment bit?
Hope it works out for you hun :hugs:

I think I'd rather go in for peace of mind TBH - The receptionist did say they'd definately be able to fit me in today.

Funny enough in a fit of paranoia I did another test yesterday - it was stronger than ever.
Good luck with your scan NixieNoo

This is all normal, I had very watery pink discharge which seemed to be worse after a BM- this turned to brown discharge which went back to pink. This has now gone.

Get to the docs if you are worried.

No cramps and no red blood is good though x

Thank you rumpskin - that's reassuring

I've got an appointment at 4pm - don't know what I'm expecting really. Knowing my docs they'll probably just make me feel as though I'm wasting their time.

Still nothing now when I wipe so I'm feeling a bit more positive now... especially as it was only that one bit of pale pink discharge.

Yes as the others have said spotting is common. I didn't know how common it was until I spotted! Hope all goes well at the docs and they can reassure you. Mine gave me an examination and also had a couple of scans further along :flower:

Thanks pinkpolkadot.

I knew it was common as I've been reading so much up about it, but it's still so scary when it happens.

H&H 9 months to everyone and thank you so much for your responses.

I'll let you all know how it went when I'm back from the docs xx

Well the doc felt my tummy (not sure what that was for)
And checked my symptoms.

He said it was probably nothing to worry about but is going to get me an early scan at the EPU just in case. He's going to call to give me the details tomorrow. I'd love for it to be this week but guess most likely it will be next week.

the best thing you can do now is try to stop worrying so much! Hope it's all ok and you get your scan quickly xxx

Might be this week :) doc told me most likely next week and I'm going Thursday morning :) This waiting's gonna be the worst bit :(

Thank you all.
I am feeling less worried now - an early scan is the best I could have hoped for

Spotting is a bit heavier today but still only when I wipe, and is now pale brown rather than pink. I've still not got any pain though.
Just wish the docs would hurry up and confirm my scan

I'm in a similar situation to you Sarah. Yesterday (only once) I wiped and red/pink blood and nothing the rest of the day and no pain/cramps. The same happened again this morning and I'm not sure what to do really. Will they be doing an internal scan? what does tht entail?? I'm a bit of a wimp with things like that! I'm a bit worried as well so I know how you feel :hugs:

Amy xx

Thanks hun, it's horrible isn't it?
All the doc said was that they would do a scan - he didn't go into detail, so not sure about an internal, or tests ??

At the docs he did explain it is most probably implantation bleeding. I kinda dismissed this yesterday as I thought it was too late for that, plus I did have a day of spotting (first bright red then brown) on the day AF was due before my BFP - I had assumed that was implantation.

But after reading the babycentre website, they say implantation bleeding can happen anytime in the first 9 weeks of pregnancy and is brown to red blood which lasts about 2 days. So I'm feeling a bit more positive that it's only implantation bleeding and the initial bleeding I had was actually breakthrough bleeding due to fluctuating hormones at the time AF was due.

Fingers crossed it's the same for you hun, sounds very similar.
Have you called the docs? I'd definately get it checked out.

Obviously I'm praying it's nothing bad, but I am also quite excited at the prospect of having such an early scan too.

Usually if you go to the EPU and ur early on they will do an internal scan, I have never personally had this done but I've been with my SIL on 3 occasions as she had trouble with mc (she has a healthy baby boy now tho) I no she was never keen on having the internal done but I think that was more that she didn't like taking her pants off if u no what I mean, I don't think it hurts maybe just abit uncomfortable they will prob try the normal way first so try drink lots of water cos that makes it so much easier to see beany, good luck to all that are waiting for there early scan I'm sure all will be fine! Xxxx

internal scans are fine, just a bit uncomfortable, they use a wand and insert it in ( bit like a smear I guess) fx for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->