PIO vs Suppositories

MMW430

Reaction score
My DH and I did our first round of ivf in 2013. It was a success. We transferred one embryo and got one baby. The clinic had me do progesterone suppositories.

We're gearing up to do our first FET. However, the clinic has now switched from the suppositories to PIO shots. I have nerve damage in one of my hip areas, so PIO is not possible for me. They're agreeing to allow me to do things how I did last time, but now I'm driving myself a little crazy worrying that it's going to fail because I'm not doing PIO.

They haven't really given me a good reason as to WHY they switched, outside of saying that's what the embryologist wants now. They even went as far to say if you were to get 10 re's in a room together, they would never be able to agree as to which is the better option.

Does anyone here have any experience? Do you think it really makes a difference?

Has anyone had success NOT using PIO?

For reference: I'm 27. The frozen embryos are all blasts and were created when I was 25.

My son was a FET (blast) and I used suppositories only. We're going to do the same with my upcoming FET. We're doing what has worked.

I know we all have a tendency to second-guess everything (at least I do), but I see a huge number of women on here have success with suppositories. Good luck!

That gives me hope! The fact that you only transferred one frozen embryo and had it work makes me happy too! We're only planning on transferring one again. The doctor suggested 2, but the idea of twins doesn't thrill me - I think it would be overwhelming.

We elected to only transfer one on my second full IVF cycle since we already have a child and the idea of twins and a toddler didn't thrill us either. We had an early miscarriage on that cycle, but I think we did the right thing (and I don't think using suppositories had anything to do with the m/c). I actually blame a super high fever I spiked early in my pregnancy, so I think had we transferred both, we would have lost both and had nothing left. I'm hopeful for our one remaining frostie.

When do you start your FET? Natural or medicated? I think you will find it much less stressful than a full cycle.

We elected to only transfer one on my second full IVF cycle since we already have a child and the idea of twins and a toddler didn't thrill us either. We had an early miscarriage on that cycle, but I think we did the right thing (and I don't think using suppositories had anything to do with the m/c). I actually blame a super high fever I spiked early in my pregnancy, so I think had we transferred both, we would have lost both and had nothing left. I'm hopeful for our one remaining frostie.

When do you start your FET? Natural or medicated? I think you will find it much less stressful than a full cycle.

The clinic made me do an SIS last Friday. So, now that's done, we're moving forward as soon as I get a period. It's going to be a medicated cycle. I start taking Estrace 3x a day on day 1.
I'm really hopeful that it'll be a success. We really only want two children, so I want to get pregnant and not have to worry about doing this again. It's so stressful. Not to mention expensive.

I'm so sorry about your loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->