Placenta Previa...???

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
I was told at my 18wk scan yesterday I have Placenta Previa (not sure if it's partial or full? I didn't know to ask)....

From what I've read, chances are it will correct itself and my placenta will migrate up as I get farther along. BUT- if not, and I'm one of the few that has it at 28wks still, then I'll be booked for an early c-section at 38wks to delivery baby.

Right now, I'm not really too concerned... I feel like it will all be OK and keeping a positive mind set can't hurt. Truly, regardless of what happens, they will keep an eye on it and do what needs to be done to keep me and baby safe.

Anyone else have this? Did it correct itself? Just curious more than anything :) As a C-section is my one big fear... eek. lol.

Thanks ladies... :flower:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_placenta-previa_830.bc

hmmm... maybe I should have posted this in 3rd tri?

It sounds as if you have a partial - if it was full its less likely to correct itself... I had partial with DD and it corrected itself by about 32 weeks which it generally does as the placenta stretches up as you and baby get bigger...

I was told to abstain from sex as it can cause bleeding but other than that had no real issues with it, although I know some ladies can do. Had regular scans which was a bonus as we got to see DD lots before she was born x

Yea, the doc told me not to worry... and said all normal activity was totally fine right now. So that eased my mind a bit... just not fun thinking there is that "chance" of c-section! lol. BUT- I really do feel all will be OK... gotta stay positive :) Thanks for your input!

I'm guessing it was only partial as well... or maybe she would have been more concerned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->