placenta updates pg1 ;-)

Asacia, I'd love to see your placenta pics (unless i'm bit weird too...:loopy:)

Okies, here are a couple of pictures, don't click if you don't like blood and placenta!

https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/aaselove/1-10.jpg
https://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w48/aaselove/2-2.jpg

It is confrmed that I definately dont have the stomach to keep mine next time LOL Its good that you have pics though. Its amazing that this is what keeps your baby alive for 9mths. Are you going to keep it next time? x

It is confrmed that I definately dont have the stomach to keep mine next time LOL Its good that you have pics though. Its amazing that this is what keeps your baby alive for 9mths. Are you going to keep it next time? x

I definitely would like to do something with it next time. I wonder if NHS hospitals let you take it?

tbh i didnt really think about mine but next time i definately wanna do something - even if its to have a look at it or take piccies as i didnt even see it this time :( i also had a controlled 3rd stage which i didnt want so it happened so quickly and it got taken away so quick :shrug: i will defintely be writing my birth plan next time

I never even saw mine as I ended up in theatre and forgot about it, but I was planning on taking a print from the good side and never did it.

I find this so interesting!!
I have posted a pic of my placenta before on bnb, but I will show you all again :) because I love it. :)
https://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn91/cannibalwendy2/IMG_2419.jpg

I hope you do update us on this Molly! :D I wanna read all about it!

mannnn look at the size of the veins!!!!!

That is incredible! I am awestruck at how our bodies can produce this huge, intricate organ as well as a baby in just 40 short weeks!!!

No wonder I was so tired!!!!

:)
A

Wow...these are incredible pics girls. I really wish I'd paid more attention, but the truth is I was too wrapped up in looking at another messy icky amazing thing....and that was Olivia! I don't really even remember delivering it, but I think I had to give them permission to give me that injection that I didn't want...infact, they had to give it me twice because they thought mine had ruptured...turns out it was a 3rd drgree tear that made me loose that litre plus of blood. It would be so good if there was someone in the hospital who could do some prints for you. I don't remember being asked anything about keeping it etc. xxx

The NHS have to let you take it if you ask, i had to argue a bit in my first pregnancy but i took it home in the end....unfortunitly my freezer broke and it went off so had to be thrown away. My midwife actually asked me if i wanted it this time round and she also gave me some ideas on what to do with it.

My art that i will produce from it is going to be used in a birth art cafe which is something local to me that is designed to help women prepare for / recover from birth.

ONE day to go and its going to be out of my freezer forever...... i brought my thai spices/chilli and ginger today to steam it with.

Wow - this is amazing ... what an awesome thing!
I really want to bury mine in the garden, but OH (and his family) think it will just get dug up and eaten by animals...
some cultures bind /dry them and hang them on a tree apparently, then when the child comes of age they have to climb the tree to get it to become an adult. I love that idea - but there's no way the local crows would leave it on the tree in my garden!

I was really looking forward to seeing mine too.. but like goddess I ended up in theatre and forgot!! It really is amazing what your body is able to producing!

Now I wish I'd taken a photo of mine. It was pretty good, kind of butterfly shaped and in good condition.

Apart from thinking mine was a bit icky, I mostly remember being amazed at how big my placenta was. For some reason, I expected it to be quite small. Unfortunately, that sight is the only thing I remember about giving birth (apart from pain and wanting to smack the midwife in the face!). I can't remember seeing Leyla at all - I blame pethidine and the evil midwife!!!

I dont think i could eat it but Kudos to any one that dose. I like the idea of doing some thing with it though.

We ended up having our daughter in hospital, rather than in the birthpool at home, against my wishes, but my partner took my placenta home in a bag and buried it in the garden the next morning before coming to see us. This isn't something I'd have imagined him doing - just goes to show what watching childbirth can do to a man!

Milkmachine...hope you have a great weekend! Looking forward to hearing your story! xxx

the placenta is out of the freezer! i imagine itll be fully defrosted by the morning, about to do some xmas shopping and go from there :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->