placenta updates pg1 ;-)

i have been asked to exhibit my prints! i am going an entire exhibition based on birth afirmation!!! exciting!

if you guys have children of verbal communication age could you ask them to write/draw (if they cant write you could write for them) what they think birth is (and pregnancy) in their own words, as unguided as poss. opening night is 4th june better get working!!!!

I'm new to this thread, I just found it and read right the way through thinking 'yey!'. :happydance: Placentas are truly wonderful things and I don't think enough people give them the thought or the respect that they deserve. They are part of our children - they grew from the same single cell - so they are worthy of at least a little consideration. :)

We do inadvertently celebrate our placentas every year. The word 'placenta' actually means cake, and what do we make and share with our friends and family every year on the anniversary of our birth? :happydance:

We had a lotus birth with our daughter back in 2007. It was a wonderful experience that meant and means a lot to us all as a family. It's something I'm very glad we did for her. I've written up our story here.

Milk, I've had one client encapsulate her placenta and she swears the remedy has made a massive difference to her postnatal recovery. She had an emergency caesarean in the end and was able to keep her placenta and take it home, so it's a possibility for everyone, no matter what kind of birth they have. I'd be interested in how you feel the placenta remedy helps you Milk. Please do keep posting even though the active part is done. :)

Best wishes to all,

Gina. x

stunning!!! i actually dont know what else to say.

Snagglepat, that story is amazing, it actually made me a bit upset that I cut Freya off from her placenta, after reading that it seems a bit cruel :(. We had no choice though, so that's that.

I loved the bit about her being held by family members and them having no idea they were holding her placenta too!!

:D

wow just read through and its amazing :)

mine had deterioated by the birth and luisa's cord was very short.. due to my med problems its doubtful i will ever deliver a healthy placenta but if i did i really like the prints idea :)

would love to see pics :)

just a thought tht might help, if you add the link below the pics on face book people can view it without being on fb/ or being on your friends list :) hope this helps :)

xx

mine had deterioated by the birth and luisa's cord was very short.. due to my med problems its doubtful i will ever deliver a healthy placenta but if i did i really like the prints idea :)

just a thought tht might help, if you add the link below the pics on face book people can view it without being on fb/ or being on your friends list :) hope this helps :)

xx

i dont think itll work as my profile is private

https://www.facebook.com/profile.ph...7853146933#/album.php?aid=336636&id=677785575

Snagglepat, that story is amazing, it actually made me a bit upset that I cut Freya off from her placenta, after reading that it seems a bit cruel :(. We had no choice though, so that's that.

I loved the bit about her being held by family members and them having no idea they were holding her placenta too!!

:D

it made me feel slightly guilty! i didnt fully understand lotus birth untill after i had faith and it would come into serious considoration if/when i have another x

Just wanted to say that even though i did nothing with my placenta apart from have a good nosey at it once i delivered it, i find all this facinating!! x

this should be a public link?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9531585&l=682b3f8e0e&id=677785575&subject=placenta

xx

Me too, unlikely that I will ever have a whole placenta even though it was healthy enough. :(

wow thanks for telling us about that,it was really fascinating!!:thumbup: I loved your picture-it looks amazing-kind of like a big silver balloon!!

I'm new to this thread, I just found it and read right the way through thinking 'yey!'. :happydance: Placentas are truly wonderful things and I don't think enough people give them the thought or the respect that they deserve. They are part of our children - they grew from the same single cell - so they are worthy of at least a little consideration. :)

We do inadvertently celebrate our placentas every year. The word 'placenta' actually means cake, and what do we make and share with our friends and family every year on the anniversary of our birth? :happydance:

We had a lotus birth with our daughter back in 2007. It was a wonderful experience that meant and means a lot to us all as a family. It's something I'm very glad we did for her. I've written up our story here.

Milk, I've had one client encapsulate her placenta and she swears the remedy has made a massive difference to her postnatal recovery. She had an emergency caesarean in the end and was able to keep her placenta and take it home, so it's a possibility for everyone, no matter what kind of birth they have. I'd be interested in how you feel the placenta remedy helps you Milk. Please do keep posting even though the active part is done. :)

Best wishes to all,

Gina. x
You know German has its own German terms of every part of the body (very handy) and infact it is called 'mothercake' literally translated.
although that wouldnt want me to eat it though. I think the tradition of burying came probably from protection against wild animals .

They took my placenta for analysis after Finn was born :( then they lost it :cry: *feels guilty*

Thank you so much for sharing this; I have found it truly inspiring and wonderful.
x

Thanks for sharing, this thread has really been fascinating to read... Love the prints!! This is definitely something I would consider doing!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->