Places your waters broke!?

Also if ur waters break in some public places ( mostly shops, like ) they send u free stuff!!! so start walking around Mothercare daily from 37+ weeks!!
:) yup certainly will be in mothercare!!

Oh god - this post is making me anxious! I had not considered them breaking in public! Aggrrhhh.

I might start carrying around a towel and some trackie bottoms in my bag just in case.....

Hind waters broke in bed, main waters broke just before I gave birth so in a hospital bed! Not that exciting - though they did drench the midwife who was sitting at the end of the bed chatting to us :D

waters started trickling in bed at 31+2 went out for lunch with MIL the nxt day and then shopping in a department store where they went in the ladies department jeans were soaking lol was horrified

On the sofa whilst eating a chinese with OH, was quite funny really, thought i'd had a litle accident at first.

Ooh, I really hope mine don't break when I'm sitting on the couch! It has been scotchguarded, but even so! I'd rather them break in public than all over the carpet or something!

Mine went in bed but I was using absorbant pads under the sheet and was lyining on a folded up sleeping bag for extra padding for my hip so my mattress was spared. I still jumped out of bed pretty quickly and rushed to the loo!

apparently only 10% of womens waters actually spontaneously break before they have any other signs of labour :-/ that helped put my mind at rest with regards to the matter lol
i had them broke by mw in hospital with my first as i had got to 8cm and was not progressing so they popped them and my god am i glad i wasnt in public there was gallons of the stuff :-/

With my first the midwife broke them in hospital - she was distressed and had meconium. I still remember my OH face when this 'foul smelling green swamp water' (his description) gushed out on the bed. So gross.

Harvey was born in his waters so they only broke when the midwife nipped them after he was out. OH says it was a very strange sight.

Thats unusual - its supposed to mean your baby will be lucky - old wives tale....

The doctors had to break mine both times as it wasn't happening on it's own and my labor didn't progress much until they did. So glad it didn't in public, especially with DD since it felt like it was never going to stop gushing out. I'm expecting on them having to break it again in the hospital this time around, but now I'm worried about my poor mattress, lol.

At my prenatal class they told us to have a waterproof cover on the matress - especially since you might not be home for a few days AND a cover for the seat in the car because it could break on the way to the hospital and again it could sit there for a few days while you are in hospital.

I plan to keep busy around my due date to tempt fate but am slightly worried about the possibility of gushing!!

few questions mind...
Isn't 3cm dilated considered established labour? I didn't know we can dilate without being in labour as such. How come they checked to see if u are dilating? Do they routinely check down there at later midwife appointments?

Mine broke at midnight while I was in bed. I knew what it was right away. I told my hubby we should put something under where i sleep but he doesnt know what we should use lol.

i know this is a really stupid question but is it obvious when you're waters break? because knowing me i will think ive just wet myself or something?? xx lol xxx

I think it varies from person to person. When my waters broke I was half asleep but felt a 'pop' with a short sharp pain and then there was a lot of the stuff which kept on coming until halfway through labour.

Mine was broken at the hospital.

I've wanted mine to break naturally with this one! Just to see what its like. I was hoping they'd go at Walmart and they'd give me a giftcard.

I plan to keep busy around my due date to tempt fate but am slightly worried about the possibility of gushing!!

few questions mind...
Isn't 3cm dilated considered established labour? I didn't know we can dilate without being in labour as such. How come they checked to see if u are dilating? Do they routinely check down there at later midwife appointments?

I typically thought that hospitals wouldn't admit you until you were 4cm or more...however I could be wrong. So I never thought 3cm was established labor.

I don't have a midwife, my family Dr. is who I see for apts which is also the person who will deliver me. He delivered my last son too. He normally doesn't check randomly to see if one is dialated...however he sent me to see one of his colleagues this week since my Dr. was on vacation. So the colleague asked if I wanted checked and out of curiosity I said yes...to my surprise I was dialated 3cm. I think he offered it to really check my progress as he's never seen me before and I'm so close to due date. The nurse did ask me before the Dr. came in if I had any contractions...and I told her only mild cramps every so often...so maybe that's why he checked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->