Plan B bleeding or period?

lexymuufin

Reaction score
I had sex about 3 weeks ago (which I think is the cause of my maybe current pregnancy) I also had sex about 1 week and a half ago and that time I took a plan b pill. My period is also about a week late by now. I have had some early pregnancy signs like back pains, some nausea during brown blood spotting, and abdominal pain. This morning I have bright red blood that wasn't HEAVY but wasn't LIGHT. Could this still mean I'm pregnant and just a side effect of Plan B? I also noticed that my back pains haven't went away and my boobs have visible veins never seen before and Montogermy bumps and I felt very ill this morning which also went away, please help!
0 following

Was your sex unprotected?

Don't think Plan B would have helped with the first bout of (possibly) unprotected sex, and if you expected your period a week ago, it would have been close to and possibly within your fertile period. This bleeding could very well be your period though.

Take a test. It's the only way to know for sure.

Have you taken a test? Honestly, I would say it's most likely your period.
Have you considered getting in birth control? Much more ideal than the plan B pill, just a thought. Ultimately a test is the only way to know. But in the future it might be a better idea to not post things like this on a forum where ladies are trying to get pregnant. There are many of us who have been trying a long time and are having a difficult time with it so seeing a post like this could upset some people. Just something to think about

My question is if you are a new member and have put your status at trying to conceive, then why are you taking the Plan B pill? and why would you take it if you thought maybe you might have got pregnant 3 weeks prior?

And I agree with tinymumma, asking women on a TTC / pregnancy forum about using an emergency contraceptive may not be the best idea. or at least post in the waiting to try part of the forum. There you won't find women actively trying to get pregnant.

In all likelihood though it is your period.

Plan B can mess with your cycle and it can also make you feel sick. Also, it does not prevent conception, it only inhibits ovulation, so in order for it to work you need to take it before you ovulate. If you ovulated in the morning and then took Plan B that afternoon, it won't work. If you're TTC, then I assume you're tracking your ovulation? That should give you a reasonable idea as to whether you took it before or after you ovulated, but you should take a hpt anyway just in case. I don't know what your circumstances are, but it is a bit confusing that you're trying to prevent pregnancy while your status shows TTC.

Hey - I can tell you first hand I was not trying to conceive - I havent change my status on here since its been almost a yr and a half since my baby was born...and havent had time to post :( anywho.. I just went through the same thing. I took plan b about 8 months ago and I had symptoms from plan b that lingered a while - delayed my period but it didnt fail.

This time I took a plan b last month and had the same issues with symptoms which mimic pregnancy / ovulation however- I was not spotting but bleeding lightly since March 2nd to currently. Breast tenderness and my boobs felt just a tad different like heavy or full. anyway I chalked it up to it all being plan b since I googled and these were all the symptoms stating it can affect your period. I have been having a nagging feeling for 3 wks to test and never did. Three nights ago I just did it to put my mind at ease and low and behold It was positive. so I had a plan b fail and my symptoms where being very crampy/abdominal pains/ light bleeding/breast tenderness/ lightheaded/ irritable. I honestly read that plan b can delay cycle or make it heavier or much lighter that's why I never tested. :( Good thing I went with my gut to test. Blood test confirmed 1-2 mos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->