Planned Teen Pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bride2Be

Baby makes two!
Reaction score
I'm quite curious about what the teen parent community thinks of teens who plan their pregnancy.

What do you think about it? Was your first (or second) planned?

Sorry I'm just really curious :blush:

Nope! Molly wasn't planned at all! She's the best surprise I've ever had. :cloud9:

But I don't see any problem with planning if you're an older teen, in a stable relationship, and have the resources to raise the baby.

My baby was semi-planned. I was in a committed relationship, his parents own a grocery store that he was very capable of running....it seemed like a wonderful idea. But I would not recommend it unless you are over the legal age in your area, living on your own, and married. Otherwise things go horribly wrong.

We were NTNP, we've been together nearly 4 years, lived together for just over 2 of those years, both have stable jobs, and we both felt ready.

But saying that..I know people my age and younger that have had surprise babies and are the most amazing, loving mothers too :) x

I dont think being married makes a stable relationship but hey ho..

teens that are 18 or 19 then i think planning a baby is fine although i wouldnt advise it but i think its reckless for younger teens.

Mine was planned... but im 19 so its a bit different than sayy someone of 14/15 planning one.

I think if you are in a stable relationship and can support a baby then go for it!

xx

our baby was planned, having said that we've been engaged for a year and a half and dated for 2 years before that, we live together and we waited until we were earning enough until we started trying, I'll be 20 when lo is here and I don't think that being a young mum is a bad thing if anything its a plus :)

but yes I don't think it should be planned if you are underage as you're not capable of working/finishing school and you wouldn't be able to provide for them, having said that it does happen but I would hope that it wouldn't be something planned when someone is not over the legal age, its there for a reason :flower:

If people are under 18, i do not think they should be TTC. Yeah they may be in a long term relationship, have a job, etc .. but at 18, that's when you are legally an adult and can start signing contracts - i.e for a house, phone contract you know, all those things.

Over 18, i'm more comfortable with it, but only if you have a stable, long term relationship, both have good jobs and your own place.

We started trying when I was 18 :) xxx

We were NTNP after a accidental pregnancy that ended in miscarriage, made us realise how much we wanted a baby :)

xxx

ermmm, i dunno..

at the end of the day there's so much to do, and i know everyone says it, but it's true..

however, i really don't think anybody under the age of 18 should plan it.. just a personal opinion..

but if you're still a teen and have a well-paid job (a secure one too), qualifications, a house of your own, a stable relationship (not just you think you're in love), you have support and you've really grown up then i dunno... but then again, to be honest i don't think there are many teens who are in this position?

and in a way i think you shouldn't plan unless you feel you really are 100% ready to give up your life - i mean you never know about complications that could arise - but what if your baby was disabled, would you be able to cope with it now? a baby who even when they reach 18, they'll still need looking after? they'll cost ALOT of money - take all the time in the world..
i'm not tryna be horrid, i'm just saying - people think they're mature enough to plan to have a baby - when actually.. most of them aren't ready.. and don't think about things like this - they just think it won't be me..

by the way just to add, i'm not sure if threads like this - as the forum REALLY doesn't support under 18's TTC, so i dunno if this thread might get closed?

this is my first - she wasn't planned, but we've become so ready for her..
xxx

providing the circumstances are right and its well thought into, i see no issue with those over 18 trying.
however i do see an issue with people younger than that trying.

My eldest girl was planned after a very difficult loss. I turned 18 in my first trimester. I'd find it difficult to generalise about when you should plan your first child as everyone's circumstances are different, there are many older couples ttc that baffle me as equally as younger couples. Having a baby is the biggest decision most people will ever make, I don't know if there is ever a perfect time, and don't think anyone but that person and their partner can ever know when is the ideal time for that person.
I think that if you are unable to work, have a home, claim benefits of any kind in your own right etc and if someone else still has the right to make parental decisions FOR you, it's not an ideal tme to ttc.
Having my children young suited me and i have never regretted our decision. We might have been wealthier right now had we waited and had this been our first but then again, who knows what life would have thrown at us. We're very happy, so how can we regret it?

My eldest girl was planned after a very difficult loss. I turned 18 in my first trimester. I'd find it difficult to generalise about when you should plan your first child as everyone's circumstances are different, there are many older couples ttc that baffle me as equally as younger couples.
I think that if you are unable to work, have a home, claim benefits of any kind in your own right etc and if someone else still has the right to make parental decisions FOR you, it's not an ideal tme to ttc.
Having my children young suited me and i have never regretted our decision. We might have been wealthier right now had we waited and had this been our first but then again, who knows what life would have thrown at us. We're very happy, so how can we regret it?

I agree, im looking forward to being a young mum :thumbup:

xx

Under 18's TTC then I don't agree. Being a parent is so much more than nappies and milk, even I underestimated how much hard work it would be. But I love being a mummy more than anything.

As long as your in a good relationship ( IMO marriage means nothing), have steady, reliable jobs and are able to provide for your child then I don't see a problem with it.

Teens who do it thinking life will be easier, i.e benefits, housing and everything provided while they sit on their arses spending tax payers money I don't agree with.

Summer wasn't planned, but I wouldn't change her for the world.
:) xx

I was 17 when we started trying knew i would be 18 when baby arrived. OH is in a good stable job and we both really wanted a baby, and know we are able to financially support it, so im not ashamed to say we tried

I think if you feel ready go for it, age doesn't really matter. However I don't think some people realise how much hard work they can be, it's not just all cute cuddles etc, it is hard for everyone at first but more so young people that want to live that younger lifestyle to realise you can't put yourself first anymore your life revolves around that baby and you can't just go out whenever you want, go get drunk whenever etc but the older you are the more ready you are to give up some of that lifestyle. Obviously it varies, there's loads of young people that are wonderful parents planned or not and some that find it harder... same with older parents.

My LO wasn't planned but she wasn't a mistake I don't know what I'd do without her now.

My LO wasn't planned at all, and i do agree that planning a baby shouldn't be done with out full understanding of what it entails, and i think that most under 18's don't understand the implications of parenthood. However if as a young teenager i was told there could be a chance that in a couple of years or later in life i wouldn't be able to have children, because of an illness or an accident. Then i know i would want that chance to carry my own child and raise it, what ever age. I count myself very lucky that i don't have that problem, and that i did have my LO young, but i wouldn't have planned her just yet.
and as what has been said in a previous post, this thread may be closed. :)

I agree with Lauraxamy on what she said ... "My LO wasn't planned but she wasn't a mistake I don't know what I'd do without her now."

My LO wasn't planned at all, and i do agree that planning a baby shouldn't be done with out full understanding of what it entails, and i think that most under 18's don't understand the implications of parenthood. However if as a young teenager i was told there could be a chance that in a couple of years or later in life i wouldn't be able to have children, because of an illness or an accident. Then i know i would want that chance to carry my own child and raise it, what ever age. I count myself very lucky that i don't have that problem, and that i did have my LO young, but i wouldn't have planned her just yet.
and as what has been said in a previous post, this thread may be closed. :)

I agree with Lauraxamy on what she said ... "My LO wasn't planned but she wasn't a mistake I don't know what I'd do without her now."

^^^^ i completely agree with thatt.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back