• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planned Teen Pregnancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hun, not meaning to be nosey but how old is your fiance? Because I'm assuming you two got together when you were 12ish since it's been 1 and 1/2 years apparently.
It seems weird that you are only 14 and engaged, both of you living a state or so apart :/

and in a way i think you shouldn't plan unless you feel you really are 100% ready to give up your life - i mean you never know about complications that could arise - but what if your baby was disabled, would you be able to cope with it now? a baby who even when they reach 18, they'll still need looking after? they'll cost ALOT of money - take all the time in the world..
i'm not tryna be horrid, i'm just saying - people think they're mature enough to plan to have a baby - when actually.. most of them aren't ready.. and don't think about things like this - they just think it won't be me..

Absolutely right. My LO is now classed as disabled and was almost 13 weeks premature and if I was younger I have NO idea how I would have coped. A lot of people think it will never happen to them. Like me. You just expect a healthy baby at the end of the day, but a huge load of pregnancies have complications in some way or another.

I genuinlly dont know how i would of coped having a baby at 15 :nope:

Infact when i look back to the "relationship" i was in then and how naive and extremelly immature i was yet how grown up i thought i was it makes me feel panicy even thinking about it . . .

Im will be 19 when LO is here and My OH is 22 and i feel that even we are young and wouldve liked to do a lot more e.g holidays uni before oscar arrives,
But we are both adults and mature enough to raise a child - not that it wont be very tough at times even being older than you!

It makes me really sad,
i dont think the reality of parenting really hits teenagers at 14/15 and even 18 somtimes its all well and good to want to be a mom but at 14 it is goin g to be extremelly hard i just hope you realise . . .

Hun, not meaning to be nosey but how old is your fiance? Because I'm assuming you two got together when you were 12ish since it's been 1 and 1/2 years apparently.
It seems weird that you are only 14 and engaged, both of you living a state or so apart :/

It may seem weird, but we are more dedicated and have been together longer than almost all of the couples my age. We got together when I was 13 on Feburary 8th of 2009. He was 18 at the time and is now 20. We have been engaged since November 17th of 2009. There are no regrets on either of our parts.

My parents know his age and are very supportive of our relationship because we are on the same maturity level.

Most teen mums make great mums. I mean I had Aidan when I was 17. And I think I am doing an Ok job so far.

But just because we can be great mum's doesn't mean we should try iynwim.

Bride2be. This is an attack against you. But I honsetly think you were far too young to be TTC. How are you going to finish your education? When you have been up all night with lets say colic and an assignment needs to be in the next day?

Did you think of this beforeyou tried. I just think 14/15 is very young to be in a serious realtionship and planning marriage.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hopeit goes how you have planned
xx

Most teen mums make great mums. I mean I had Aidan when I was 17. And I think I am doing an Ok job so far.

But just because we can be great mum's doesn't mean we should try iynwim.

Bride2be. This is an attack against you. But I honsetly think you were far too young to be TTC. How are you going to finish your education? When you have been up all night with lets say colic and an assignment needs to be in the next day?

Did you think of this beforeyou tried. I just think 14/15 is very young to be in a serious realtionship and planning marriage.

I wish you all the luck in the world and hopeit goes how you have planned
xx

I don't mind lol. I completely agree with you. I was too young to TTC but it wasn't because of my mentality, it was because I can't provide for my baby. I did it naively and I understand that, but I am not looking back. I'm pregnant now and I am dealing with it. To answer your question, I will be participating in Florida Virtual School. I'm not planning a marriage at the moment, but I am planning to be married. We are doing a lengthy engagement. As for a serious relationship...well I'm not going to stop my self from falling in love just because of age. And thank you! :flower:

By the way, just so everyone knows I'm in my sophomore year of high school. I know it doesn't make much of a difference but usually when I say 14 people tend to think I just ended 8th grade.

Her response, to me, speak to her maturity.

her second year of HS

Second year of 'highschool' here is Year 8? Or is it 9? :wacko: i am so confused :haha:

Bride2Be. I think your nuts! And brave! I could never have coped at your age. It's such a 24/7 job. I don't want to offend you but if your anything like me, when your LO comes along you won't know what's hit you. It's a million and one times more full on than you could imagine but a million and two times more rewarding. I wish you all the luck in the world. To me, your answers show that your more mature than your age. You may have been naive but in the same sense you have a sensible head on your shoulders in terms of future plans.

BTW, thanks Ally, for asking questions I was wondering but felt rude asking :) xx

Oh my god year 8 0r 9??? :nope:

Thats the same age as my little brother who has not even had a girlfriend yet . . . thank god!!

Im sorry but that is really really bad

Uhmm, I have no idea. highschool here is 4 years. freshman (grade 9) sophomore (grade 10) junior (grade 11) and senior (grade 12)
We go to school for 13 years. Kindergarden then grades 1-12

I'm in year 10 now ha ha! Sorry for all the confusion. I didn't know there was a difference between the US and the UK like that!

Bride2Be. I think your nuts! And brave! I could never have coped at your age. It's such a 24/7 job. I don't want to offend you but if your anything like me, when your LO comes along you won't know what's hit you. It's a million and one times more full on than you could imagine but a million and two times more rewarding. I wish you all the luck in the world. To me, your answers show that your more mature than your age. You may have been naive but in the same sense you have a sensible head on your shoulders in terms of future plans.

BTW, thanks Ally, for asking questions I was wondering but felt rude asking :) xx

Oh, thank you! And anyone with any questions or comments (questions prefered :winkwink:) can ask/make them to me. I think I'll be as ready as I'll ever be. I took a year of child development and have had hands on experience with babies but I truly think that until you have a baby you don't know what it's like.

Bridetobe, i agree - whatever your age being a first time Mummy is soo scary!

I just hope you do well hun. Carrying on your education with a baby is hard, physically and emotinally draining. So stay strong and I am sure you will be fine
xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back