• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

I booked my first dress fitting today, it's 31st March. I was quite surprised that she said march, I expected it to be much later, but I guess you have a few. I'm a bit worried at how the breastfeeding will affect it, as at my first fitting I will still be bf'ing but I'm hoping to have stopped by the time the wedding comes round and so my bust will probably be smaller. Hopefully though at my final fitting I'll have stopped, but it depends when that is.

Did your bbs shrink a lot right after last time you stopped?

TBH I don't think they did really, cos they weren't big from bf'ing then anyway as it wasn't like now when I'm feeding loads. So hopefully as he will gradually be feeding less as time goes on there won't be a huge difference.

I found that, too. Once DD hit about 12 months, my bbs shrank again and have pretty much stayed there.

My deflated fast. I loved it. Even though they were saggier, to have them "normal" again felt good. But if your milk doesn't explode yours too much EB you might just be fine. Tell the seamstress not to worry too much about "taking in/out" boobs until your last fitting. If that is all she has to do at that fitting, I'm sure she will have time.

I've ordered 5 pairs of wedding shoes today that were in the sale in Debenhams. Hopefully 1 will be ok! I was unsure what sort to get as we're marrying abroad, but have gone for the traditional high heeled shoe. I just won't feel right in flats or small heels. When they arrive I'll take pics.

I would go high heels too. You can buy slippers for dancing if you are worried your feet will tire and after pics are done

They did actually have some wedding pumps in the sale which I nearly got, but will that not affect the length of my dress? Cos I have to take the shoes to my fitting, so if I then put flats on will the dress not drag on the floor? What do you think?

Depends. I didn't have super high heels so when I switched it was fine. Not to mention I didn't care anymore since pics were done. A bit of scuffing on the edges for the sake of comfort in a dress I'd never wear again was ok with me. But bring your shoes for sure to your fitting

Only problem I have is I will be wearing it again for the party when we're home. I've ordered some anyway. I'm a UK size 8 which is normally the biggest for women but they also do them in a 9 so I've ordered them too in case the 8 pinch a bit, and my feet will be swelled too cos of the heat. I might end up wearing the flats for the party too. 7 pairs of shoes coming my way!! :haha:

:rofl: you sound like ag!!

I didn't have any trouble getting the dirt out of my dress after at the Dry cleaners. Depends on your venue I guess. If you think it's too dirty to risk it then just stay in your heels. It can be a game time decision!

I wore heels for the ceremony and pictures, then comfy, red, fluffy slippers at the reception. :haha: I couldn't have cared less about my dress getting a bit dirty around the edges at that point. But I wasn't a very uptight bride about anything except WHERE the ceremony took place. :lol:

I don't think I'd be bothered either, but will be conscious of the party when we're back. But I can always get it cleaned and the train's gonna get dirty anyway so would prob get it cleaned whether I'm in flats or not.

Oh! Chris is going out for food tomorrow with his best men to discuss the stag do. We haven't discussed it since we argued about him going to Thailand and when he was at work I sent him a very long text message making it very clear what I thought about it, which he didn't reply to or mention.

Well tonight he said 'don't worry we're not going to Thailand' :thumbup: So I asked him where he was thinking and he said maybe Ireland. That I can live with!!

I was wondering whether to get a veil. I wasn't going to but then was looking at wedding pics on Facebook and do think you look more like a bride with a veil iykwim. So I think I'll get one, but need to decide what I'm having my hair like.

I think I'm going for teal for the bridesmaids dresses.

Get a veil! You don't need it over your face. Just have it tucked in or under your pulled back hair (bun, pile of curls or whatever your style)

Yeah that's what I was thinking Snuggs.

Definately get a veil :) definately more weddingy. You can get some nice photos with a veil xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->