• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

Ooh thanks hon, I'll have a nosy now :)

Thank you for sharing. I love your dress!!

Thanks! I loved it too. I had the straps altered though - they were originally just a spaghetti strap with the beading. I have huge boobs and need more support than that ... so I had her take the extra ribbon from the corset tie and sew the beaded spaghetti strap onto that. Worked great, and since it actually came from the dress everything matched perfectly.

Ooh I've never been in here! I didn't have a veil but think they look nice under an up-do. I can recommend kitten heels, for me I needed heels on at the reception to still feel right as I didn't ever wear flats back then so my shoes were pretty but sensible and comfy enough to wear all day and night x

Ooh I love the bridesmaid dress ideas, have you chosen a colour? I think the coral is beautiful for a sunny summer wedding and will be cooler to wear than darker colours x

I think we're going for teal (which looks nothing like in the pic) Can't really have the pinks/corals as Chris won't wear them.

Teal will look beautiful with a Turkish setting!

I had high heeled strappy shoes for my wedding and then brought white flip flops for the reception but just ended up going barefoot. You should have seen how dirty the bottom of my feet were!!!! :dohh:

I've just made an appointment to go and look round the hotel again that we would have got married in if we were having the wedding in England, as we want our evening reception there. Going tomorrow at 2.30pm.

Such a great idea, you get two wedding days (kind of!) x

So I'm cancelling tomorrow's appointment :rofl:

They sent me the buffet prices over & cos it's a big posh hotel they're double the normal and we just can't afford it :nope:

So now we're gonna look at local golf clubs and get outside caterers in. Will be much cheaper and the booze will be cheaper when we're there!

good plan! :thumbup: We did a really casual bbq at my parents lake lot. They had a volleyball court there, firepit and of course booze and it was a ton of fun.

It's really popular to have a reception at a golf course here, though they usually provide in-house catering. I personally think they made beautiful venues :)

I've just been looking at some websites, you're right TNW, they do use their own caterers but I don't mind cos the prices are reasonable.

For example, the hotel we were originally considering was free for the room hire, and the cheapest buffet price was £14.95 per head.

The golf club is £60 for the room & £5.75 per head. Bit of a difference eh?! Obviously we'll have the DJ to hire too but we'd have had that in the hotel too.

It's going to be about 130 guests so we'd probably need to cater for 100.

I loved my veil! Mine went on top of my updo.

I also wore my heels ALL day and night despite having kitten heels with me :lol:

Ooh I forgot to say I've chosen my shoes, I'll take a pic tomorrow.

It's all go in here :dance:

I love the idea of a veil too, TNW yours looked lovely :) I'd certainly go for veil, when will you ever get to wear anything like that again :shrug:

Just ordered the bridesmaids dresses :)

Oops forgot about shoes, will take a pic when Chris goes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->