• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

I really like that colour too, it will look nice with a tan and against the beautiful blue sky :)
How many bridesmaids and ages are they again?

Anyway what about THE dress?!

3 bridesmaids - chris' sister (aged 28) and 2 friends aged 31 & 32.

I'm hoping to make an appointment for next week at a wedding shop to start looking for mine :happydance:

Hmmm....not really. I have said I'm not gonna spend a silly amount and am hoping I find one in the sale....TBH I'm not sure what style I want/would suit me so gonna go with an openmind and just try loads on then when I know what I'm looking for will try and shop around (you just know that I'll find the one that I HAVE to have though, and will no doubt cost a fortune)

You'd be surprised how many people can pull off a one-shoulder dress, especially with a wide strap like that. I wore a one-shoulder for the wedding I was in last July and it looked great ... I have massive boobs and wide shoulders. :dohh: I thought it would make me look even wider but it was surprisingly flattering. I think the bigger "problem" would be the waist. Something belted like that wouldn't suit me at all :nope:

Of course this is not at all about me. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i do think the dress is gorgeous though and really wish it would suit me!!!!! The colour is to die for. It's a gorgeous blue!

I can't wait to see what you're thinking about for wedding dresses. Just keep an open mind - sometimes things look fantastic on you that didn't look that great on the hanger and vice versa.

Would you like to be my bridesmaid TNW??? :rofl:

Well, my dress was only about $200, so anything above that is a decent budget to me! I can't wait to see what you fall in love with!

Yup I bought my off the rack On sale too do there are deals to be had.. Mine was butt ugly on the hanger. Only tried it on because the price. Horrible fake flowers on the strap. 20 dollars later the seamstress had me a beautiful gown.

I'm going to look at wedding dresses on Friday! :dance:

I'm unsure yet whether I'm gonna reveal the actual dress to you, might keep it hidden till the big day. But I will show you the ones I don't pick!!

Actually I think I might pm you all the pic of THE dress whenever I find it. Don't wanna put it in here just in case I have any IRL stalkers.

When I booked the appointment to go to the shop, she told me to have a think of what style I want and bring any pics of ones that I like. At the mo I am thinking strapless or one shouldered and then a big skirt coming out from the waist. What do you guys think would suit me? I've attached a full length pic of me then you get an idea of my figure. I am 5ft 11ins :)

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/2e61ae95.jpg

You are not 5'11"?!?!?!?!?! :shock: Really?! I thought you were shorter than that. Christ! That puts you taller than me and about as tall as Snuggs!!!

Oh! And that is a lovely pic!! You look beautiful, Katie is too sweet for words and Ethan is so adorable I just want to squeeze him!

And, darn straight, you had better PM a pic!

As for the type of dress, I don't think you should go into it looking for a certain style. Just try everything on, even if you think it will be horrid. You will know you've hit on something when your skin shivers and you feel like a super star!

You are not 5'11"?!?!?!?!?! :shock: Really?! I thought you were shorter than that. Christ! That puts you taller than me and about as tall as Snuggs!!!

Ha ha no I'm not!!!!! That's chris!! :dohh: I'm 5'7" :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->