• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

I love that color! But red is one of my favorite colors.

oh yeah I know they wouldn't be returning them. I would be telling my bridesmaids that if they need a replacement dress it is at their own cost if they eat too many Doritos between now and the wedding.

They're almost exactly the same in fit as the dresses I wore this July (not pregnant) and this December (25 weeks pregnant) and the only issues I had were bust related. I could have been 40 weeks pregnant abd 75 lbs heavier and the rest of the dress would have still fit me comfortably.

Oh, and to remedy the situation I did exactly as you said, changed out the zipper for a corset tie in the back. Miraculous how much extra room that allows you.

Great, that's good to know TNW!

I ordered them last night. They've ended up costing me more as shipping was £50 :dohh: I sort of had a 'f*** it' moment and ordered them anyway :blush: (the shipping cost will also increase the customs charges). I figured with the money we were saving cos my mum and dad are paying for the majority of the reception, we could afford to spend a bit more. It still works out at about £80 per dress which I still think is a good price. I just hope I like them when they arrive!!! :lol:

The good think is as well that I will be able to order katie's flower girl dress from the same site and use the same colour on the belt (I want her dress to be white) so that they match. Can't order that till nearer the time though as she'll be bigger.

:wave: Haven't been around here in a while, things look to be coming together well! Gorgeous shoes and I do love the dresses too. You have an elegant style I'd say, :thumbup:

Had an email this morning saying the bridesmaid dresses had been dispatched :thumbup:

I'm really impressed with the wedding planners in Turkey. This last week they've emailed to confirm our appointment at the British Consulate in Antayla is on 20th sept to sort all the paperwork, and our pre wedding meeting with the planners is on 19th sept. When we go to Antayla we get picked up at 7am and won't be back till 5pm!!! It's a 3 hour drive each way, 2hrs to do the paperwork then we also have to go to other places for a medical certificate and to register the wedding. Thank goodness we have someone to leave the kids with!!!

I've been getting quotes for hiring the suits. I've got one for £90 per suit (and Ethan's free) which includes hiring for 2 weeks and also for the do when we're back, and dry cleaning in between which I thought was very reasonable :)

The bridesmaid dresses are gorgeous!! :happydance:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/3b791555.jpg

I adore them!!!!!! They look similar to the one I wore for the 2 weddings this year and I know they are super comfortable too, which is a lovely bonus.

It sounds so complicated to get married abroad, but seems like it's all coming together and you've got your ducks lined up. :thumbup:

I'm still contemplating a surprise visit to Turkey to crash your wedding. :rofl:

They are stellar!! So happy that worked out for you! When are the girls going to try them on for you ?

I'm not sure yet, 1 is free this weekend but the other isn't, and I'll prob just go to Chris' sister with it 1 day next week

Just booked an appointment to go to our local registry office to get the certificate of no impediment that they require in Turkey.

The bridesmaids have all tried the dresses on and love them. They all need altering slightly, particularly Chris' sister's as she can't do the zip up. I have a feeling she measured herself wrong :growlmad:

Grrr. I was worried about that for you. Women have a hard time being honest about their measurements and always think they will "lose weight" so will order down and in the end it screws them over because it is harder to make a dress bigger than it is to make a dress smaller.

Will she be adding a corset back then?

I really don't think she did that, if anything she would have added on. I just think she made a mistake when doing it. I'm not sure yet, gonna take the dress when I have my first fitting at the end of this month and see what the seamstress says.

It might be easy enough to let out on the sides, depending on how far she can already get it zipped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->