Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

You look great, like I said before, if anyone can pull off a belly dancer number - you can :thumbup: Your tummy is flat!!!! [-(

Looks like you all had a brilliant time :happydance: Not long till the big day now :happydance:

I sorted the balloons etc for the night do on Monday, and will be sorting the cake this week. Invites have gone out, there was an RSVP in it with an envelope with My Mum & Dad's address on but there's stll loads to come back yet!! :growlmad: The guys have been measured for their suits and we get them 8th Sept. Oh and I ordered my ring last week :thumbup:

I sorted the balloons etc for the night do on Monday, and will be sorting the cake this week. Invites have gone out, there was an RSVP in it with an envelope with My Mum & Dad's address on but there's stll loads to come back yet!! :growlmad: The guys have been measured for their suits and we get them 8th Sept. Oh and I ordered my ring last week :thumbup:

How many people is it again EB? I am guessing all the "important" people you know for sure will be there by now? Have you got your dress "in-hand" as well?

I think it's about 120. Tbh I think pretty much everyone we have invited are coming, they just haven't RSVP'd yet! My dress is still being altered, got final fitting on 8th sept then they're packing it for me.

Oh and I discovered the other week that one of the best man's passports runs out in October....you need at least 6mths on yr passport to get into turkey!!!!!! I have been nagging him for the past week to get photos done, I have got him a form but we're running out of time to get him a new one! He finally got the photos done yesterday but when I said we need his old passport too he announced it was still at his old works!!!!! I could frigging scream! He said he would get it today but we haven't heard from him. And him & the other best man still owe us £100 each for the holiday, that we've had to pay :growlmad:

Hi

I googled destination wedding Turkey and somehow found your thread. Been having a look through for some ideas for myself. Just wanted to wish you all the best on your big day. :)

Hey, I've been following your thread for a while as I'm interested in getting married abroad. I can't believe your wedding is so close now! I just wondered who you booked your wedding with and how much deposit you paid ? We're looking to get married abroad in Greece next July and are going to Thomas Cook tomorrow, just wondering an idea of how much we might need to pay to book!

Hope Chris's friend got his passport sorted and that more people have RSVP'ed by now! I hadn't realised there were so many people coming, I thought it was like 20 people or something :dohh:

My SIL just went on a weeks holiday to Turkey, they loved it :thumbup:

How does Chris feel about the wedding being so close now, super excited? What about katie?

Natasha, we didn't book the wedding thru an estate agents, we booked it with wedding planners based in turkey. We paid 20% deposit (£600). We booked the flights & accommodation seperately, can't remember what the deposit was for them. Good luck in planning your wedding!

Peanut that's for the evening do when we're back, there's only 20 going to turkey.

Yeah we're all excited now. I don't think Katie is anymore excited than she first was, as she doesn't really realise 'when' it'll be.

:lol: Just created a spreadsheet so I can keep a log of who's replied and the number that are coming. It appears we invited a few more people than we first thought.....161! :lol: that does include us though & children.

Been sorting the wedding party presents. Got the 2 best men a pair of cufflinks each saying best man on, got my mum an engraved silver plated compact mirror, and am gonna get my dad father of the bride cufflinks with an engraved message on the box. I got the 3 bridesmaids silver bangles last week. Also ordered Katie a silver butterfly necklace as there are butterflies on her dress.

Been a very stressful couple of days!!

Picked the suits up on thurs and there is something wrong with everyone's, all the sizes are wrong but the thing that has annoyed me is a lot of the items are dirty and some of the sewing is very shoddy :growlmad: They've said they'll sort it but it's hassle I don't want and is still a worry that they're not gonna provide us with acceptable stuff.

And, you will not believe what one of the best men has done! He had a job interview on Monday and they rang him that day to ask if he could start on Thursday, he said yes but for some reason failed to mention the holiday. He said he would ask when he started but when thurs came he said the person he needed to ask wasn't there and he'd ask on fri. We've not heard anything from him since, he hasn't replied to Chris' texts and failed to show up for his stag do yesterday! Chris is fuming. Thankfully another friend is willing to step in to replace him, I emailed the hotel last night and once they reply I will change the flight. Argh!!!

Oh my goodness, that does sound so stressful :wacko:

What incredibly shitty behaviour from Chris's "friend". The least he could do is get in touch with Chris and be upfront about what is going on - an to just not show up at Chris's stag! :growlmad::shrug: I would be so upset if I were Chris, angry and hurt :nope:

When are you picking up the suits again? Are they rented? Is there somewhere else you could rent if it doesn't work out?

Hang in there EB, I found the 2 weeks leading up to our wedding pretty stressful too (our music guy died of a heartattack etc.). But all that will soon be a distant memory when you are living it up in Turkey with friends and family :happydance:

Yes they're hired. I have considered cancelling them but then the problem I have is finding someone else that can provide everything we need in less than a week :wacko: (we fly on Saturday)

Try not to get too stressed honey. Its easy to get caught up in everything being so perfect, but on the day it will be perfect, no matter what x

The suit boss rang me yesterday and restored my confidence.

I was up till 11.40 last night sorting out the music and Ethan just got me up at 5.40 :-(

Great things are coming right with the suits :thumbup:

are you making a playlist on an ipod? Maybe get some friends to help (who you know share your taste in music :winkwink:) )

IA is right, the day will be perfect :happydance:

Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight :hugs:

All the music is done now :thumbup: The DJ we have for the do back home helped me.

Suits all sorted now, just need a slightly bigger waistcoat for Chris which I'll hopefully get today.

Best man's flight has been changed and the replacement has paid up (a sharp contrast to the original one who still owed us)

Am all packed, just need to pack the suits & bridesmaid dresses tonight.

Pick my dress up tomorrow, it's being packed for me.

Then it's Turkey time!!!!! :)

Suuuuper excited for you hun :happydance::happydance::happydance:

And happy everything has come together for you :thumbup:

Really looking fwd to your update as a Mrs :wedding:, and hearing all about our big day!

Aaaand FINALLY seeing this team yellow dress :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"