Planning our destination wedding ~ Turkey September 2012 **Pics added!!**

Sounds good :thumbup: the less stress the better.

If you dont mind me asking, is it working out expensive? How many guests are you having?

If you dont mind me asking, is it working out expensive? How many guests are you having?

We have only invited my parents, Chris' mum & partner, Chris' sister and nephew, 2 bridesmaids and their partners/kids and 2 best men. So including us its 13 adults & 7 kids.

The wedding itself is costing £3100. That's for everything, all the legal stuff, the trip to Antayla we have to make before the wedding for the legalities, photos, DVD, mine & bridesmaids hair, my make up, transport, DJ, 3 course meal & champagne, flowers, actual ceremony, decoration in my chosen colour scheme, wedding cake, etc.

We're staying in a 3 bed villa and with flights it's costing us about £1500 for 2 weeks. My mum & dad are in the hotel (we're on a complex that has a hotel & villas) and its costing them about £1000 for 2 weeks :thumbup:

When we were looking though, Cyprus was more expensive.

Good thanks, although we've not really done much lately!

Been planning the hen do though, we're going away for one night on 18.8.12, and probably going to a comedy club.

We've decided we're not making our own invitations, cos, well, they were crap!!!

One of my former colleagues makes them and so we're getting her to do them & think we're gonna go with this design https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/d456f0aa.jpg (in the same colour of the bridesmaid dresses)

The bridesmaids have their 1st dress fitting next sat and not much else to report!

Love the design of the invites :thumbup:

Have you already posted pic's of the bridesmaid dresses and your dress? I want to see.... :shrug:

You can't see my dress!

But here is the bridesmaid dress modelled by moi!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/3b791555.jpg

Looove it, especially the colour, and it's the kind of cut that suits different shapes :thumbup:

We have to wait till the wedding to see the dress!? :hissy: I thought it was ony Chris who couldn't see it... This is going to be like the wait on team yellow... :dohh:

Wow, never thought I'd be on team yellow, but yes I guess I am! :haha:

Team yellow...no fair! :haha:

Love the colour of the bridesmaids dress

Team yellow only counts when the Bride doesn't know what her dress looks like :smug: Hehehehe

Looks like the invites are going to be very beautiful! And the bridesmaides dresses (and you!) are so pretty!!!

I can't believe how quickly it's coming up! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm still thinking about crashing your wedding. :haha:

Hopefully booking the hen do this week :happydance: We are stopping in Leeds for the night (about 2hrs away) in a 4* hotel. The package includes unlimited use of the hotel's health club (sauna, whirlpool, indoor pool, etc), a treasure hunt, 3 course meal, entry & queue jumping into a nightclub & breakfast the next day. We're going on 18th August, can't wait! (Just hope Ethan aint still bf'ing then :lol:)

Hopefully booking the hen do this week :happydance: We are stopping in Leeds for the night (about 2hrs away) in a 4* hotel. The package includes unlimited use of the hotel's health club (sauna, whirlpool, indoor pool, etc), a treasure hunt, 3 course meal, entry & queue jumping into a nightclub & breakfast the next day. We're going on 18th August, can't wait! (Just hope Ethan aint still bf'ing then :lol:)

Sounds fun :happydance::happydance::happydance: How may of you will there be?

Is the friend of yours who had an issues with an ex and her boyfriend also coming?

If Ethan is breastfeeding still what will you do, just have someone offer him the bottle for that particular night :shrug:

I guess it's completely different because K was still very little and bf'ing loads, but when he was 6 weeks I had to have a minor procedure because of some retained tissue after birth. Had to have a general and couldn't bf for 24 hours after. I gave him a bottle with EBM and it was fine. Has E ever had a bottle?

There's about 10 of us. Yes she's my best friend and maid of honor. Her ex isn't going to turkey, but will be invited to the evening do.

Nope he's never had a bottle! If he still is bf'ing I'll have to express and Chris will have to give it him in a sippy cup. I intend to introduce cows milk just before his 1st birthday though.

Hen do booked :happydance:

Can't remember if I said that we're dressing up as Turkish belly dancers?!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Well if your recent running pic's are anything to go by, you certainly can pull off a belly dancer outfit :thumbup:

Not updated on here in a while! Less than 3 months to go! :shock:

We have decided on this dress for Katie (the belt will be in royal blue like the bridesmaids)
https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/bc30c0dd.jpg

My friend (who coincidentally lives in turkey!) is doing the invites. The mock up arrived this week and I LOVE it!!! The ribbon will be in royal blue. It opens up and at the bottom there is a little pocket for the RSVP and a poem politely asking for money!
https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/2a03a7d4.jpg
https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m501/elliebank/8c72e13e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"