Plans for summer hols

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Looking for inspiration! We're quite an outdoorsy family and we live in the lakes so we often just go off out for the day for walks/picnics etc.

However, ive only 7 weeks left so days out are becoming a little bit more difficult and the forecast for the coming weeks is pretty poor from what I can gather. Im struggling to think of things to do with then that won't cost the earth. Im not a crafty mum! I hate arts snd crafts and mess and only allow this in times of desperation 😂

Something's I had/have planned are

Beach
Soft play
Fruit picking
Local Abbey
Zoo
Mini morning at cinema (but they're not interested in the 2 films
showing)

That's not much to fill up the next 6 weeks... 😬 there's no museums local to me either, and don't think I can take them swimming alone due to the adult/child ratio x

What about setting up camp in the garden? Tent, snacks and a couple of nights sleeping outside?

Story writing and telling.

Baking.

What about patio painting? (chalks) where they have a competition to decorate a slab or section each.

Photo collage, where you can get a cheap frame from somewhere and they all choose their favourite photos of eachother and you make something to go on display.

Thanks- love the camping idea! We have a tent so they'd like that. Like the photo idea too 😊
xx

Library
Rock pool exploring
Crabbing
Nature hunt in woods or on beach with specific things to look for
Leaf rubbings and stones

Appreciate what you say about arts and crafts mess but a good one is pavement chalk as washes off when rains, paintbrushes and water for garden fence and wall and water painting (special book that you paint with water and it turns it into colours)

Also this wed the 3rd is national play day. Have a Google and see what's on in your local area as a lot of the sure starts fund a free day of play in a specific venue (ours is in local park and an excellent day out for free). Also sure start may have some summer activities on

My boys love this new Pokemon go thing...it's taking over our lives but it gets them out walking and we drive around places looking for them

If you like going out for walks, have a look at Geocaching.

It's basically a treasure hunt using your phone's GPS. You go out find various things, they can be a tupperware box with general tat in or something that's the size of a lipstick with a piece of paper in.

You create an account on Geocaching.com (there are two different types, free or premium for £25 a year. The free one is perfectly fine to try out, it just shows less geocaches to find as some as premium members only). You download the app and away you go.

The kids love it as they like to follow the compass and countdown the distance.

Thanks 😃 we did a bit of geocaching last year and they enjoyed it, will reinstall the app on my phone 😊 x

I'm taking LO climbing at the local climbing wall next week. I can't climb because of an ankle injury but they have instructors for the kids that climb with them. Not suitable for the youngest but 4+ can do it.

I'm glad I've only got 1 to occupy but she was already moaning last week about 'me never doing anything with her' even though she got to go to the cinema, shopping and to the park. So we've been non stop with seeing friends everyday this week and Friday we're going to watch finding dory and next week rock climbing and visiting friends again, going to soft play, beach if it's sunny etc.

I've been looking forward to the holidays as I work weekends so don't really get the time to take her places unless it's for a couple hours after school at which point she's knackered. However I think after 6 weeks we are both going to be ready for school again (she loves school)

Have a look at what your local museum and library are doing, they often put on fab free or cheap summer activities.

I live in the lake too 😀
We have an NT card, which is coming in useful.
Spending alot of time at Wray Castle.

Went on the stickman walk at grizedale today (on bikes)
Planning on the ferry ride to peil island in next couple weeks too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->