Platelet count....

MummyBurgo

I love my boys x
Reaction score
My platelet count is 435 and MW has said she will need to check bloods again, what does this count mean? Just need some advice really.

Thanks

Hiya doll platelets are responsible for ure blood clotting. Having a low result would mean u would be at risk of bleeding. If ure levels are too high then u would be at risk of having a blood clot. Looking on the internet the normal levels are between 150-400 x 109 per litre. So looking at ure result u are just slightly above normal. The midwife will just be keeping an eye on ure levels to make sure they dont continue to rise. Say for example they did then they would probably give u a drug like clexane to keep ure blood thin and stop it clotting. I would worry bout it doll this is the reasons we get all these tests done in pregnancy, its when they dont know bout these things its a problem :hugs:

Thanks hun, I see my MW on friday so will ask when she will check the levels again! xx

Sweetcheeks85 has got it spot on.

Platelets are the little things that clump together to clot your blood. 150-400 is normal. You are only just above normal and they will just monitor it for now. They could give you a blood thinner if they did get too high - so it's nothing to worry about.

I have the opposite problem - my platelets are consistently at 23 or 24 (I've lived with this for 13 years!)- it means I don't clot enough and will need treatment before my due date to try and get the platelets to an acceptable level for delivery. Honestly, it's much easier to get platelets down than up - so you have the better deal.

Hope your midwife puts your mind at rest and explains things to you properly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->