Playing on my mind

Mommy2Kian

Kaden and Sian :)
Reaction score
when i went for my detail scan, we had to see the consultant, i asked the consultant about having a private room, just because with having a 4 year old, i dont want him running up and down screaming, etc, also having a c-section i wanted comfort, we were wiling to pay.

She looked at me and said, u dont need to ask this, you will more than likely get a "private" room anyway...last thing u want is to be on a ward with women who have given birth to "normal babies" when yours might not be...

:cry: that hurt, and it's played on my mind since :(

it was the way she said it, no compassion or anything like im gonna get slung to one side with a none normal baby :cry:

If my baby isnt "normal" i dont care he will have all the love any "normal" baby would have. I just want my baby to get better, i want this fluid to go away, i dont want him to have an operation as soon as i have him :( i want to hold him and take him home.

I feel so angry sometimes!

Sorry, i have good days and bad, today seems to be a bad day :(

xXx

Oh my god what a idiot!!!!!

And to be honest she is so wrong on many many levels.

You must have the patience of a saint - i would have belted her.

What the hell is 'normal'anyway!!!

:growlmad:I dont no what normal is these days but i was quite happy untill she came out with that, when she left the room i said to OH "she thinks our baby wont be normal":cry:

I understand the more the fluid increases the worse the prognosis, but give me some hope at least! :growlmad:

what a nasty insensitive idiot she is

:hugs: you are calmer than me id have socked her one......there is no 'normal' just individual

silly silly woman

:hugs: dont listen to insensitive people hun, your little mans going to be perfect in everyway. Youve been through so much recently and look how strong youve been your amazing hun :flower:.
As for the room i wouldnt worry your more than likely to be given one anyway, when i went in last week they wouldnt put me onto a ward i would talk to the ward clerk at the hospital as they are the people who deal with the rooms etc. xx:hugs:

Thats really insensitive of her you poor thing! :hugs2:

But im glad they are making the effort so that you do get your privacy huni xxx

She surely can't be allowed to say that?!?! I would put in a complaint. You poor thing, much hugs xxx

what a b***h, I would report her firstly

my god who denotes normal or none normal,

some people need a good kick.

i would call the ward to see if rooms can be paid for!

She even used her 2 fingers like a " " when she said normal, hope i dont get to see her again... (_Y_) asshole !

She sounds like a complete idiot hun - I would put in a complaint against her, because that's just not on.
Sending you big hugs sweetie x

i cant believe she said that... how rude....

I'm with some of the other ladies... file a complaint. She shouldn't be allowed to have such crappy manner with people. Especially on such a sensitive subject!

*hugs* Kaden will be just fine. :) No need to worry about "normality".

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: What a bloody thing to say!!! I would think about putting in a complaint too because that is really unsensitive and unthoughtful to say when you and your OH are trying hard to be optimistic you dont need a reminder of the uncertainty. I was in a private room after I had Callum and I would of been heartbroken if one of the midwifes had made that comment to me too :hugs:

omg hunny thats shocking!!! big hugs :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxx

*jaw hits keyboard* How dare she assume anything about your feelings or attitude towards your child. And how how can she possibly think that such an attitude of her own is acceptable.

I agree with the others... if you're got the time/energy, complain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->