Playmats and toys for newborns.

Claudiam2321

Reaction score
What are the best playmats for newborns? As i have been reading some reviews and some say that the toys are too high for baby to reach.

What toys etc have you bought for baby? I have no idea what to get, the only thing i have got toy wise is a soft rabbit rattle.

xx - Moving over to the 3rd tri tomorrow, eeeek! :cloud9:

love your scan pic!

i dont know if it helps you but you got my curiosity going so i googled newborn toys and found this artical for you:

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/development/stimulatingdevelopment/toysfornewborns/

They won't really play with playmats in the beginning - it takes a couple of weeks to reach for toys.

I think pretty much any baby gym is fine, but babies prefer bright colours, make sure there is a toy with a mirror, that all the dangling toys do something (rattle, make music, etc.). Other than that, if you want something closer to the baby, you can get one of the frames/arcs that goes over a relax chair and where the toys' length is adjustable.

Hanging toys that you can attach to car seat/stroller/crib are good.

Also, rattles that attach to baby's wrists or legs (before they are able to grab things).

Otherwise, you can try to hang different textiles with colours/patterns for the baby to look at. A musical mobile can be nice too. An infant swing, if the baby likes it.

In the beginning they don't play much - they sleep/eat/cry and are most interested in human faces and of course being held a lot.

Awww thankyou, hes gorgeous :)

Brilliant. Thanks very much ladies !! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back