Please, August, do not taunt- it's BFPs that we want!

So much for not symptom spotting :dohh: Every little thing I'm like WHAT IF?! So far I've come across funky taste buds, feeling sick off of 1/2 glass of wine, I'm super thirsty (drank 3 liters of water and still going), been feeling really sleepy these last 2 days (went to bed last night at 9:30 which is weird since I don't usually go to bed until around midnight) and having these stabby like cramps off and on all day. I am only 3dpo and already driving myself mad.

So much for not symptom spotting :dohh: Every little thing I'm like WHAT IF?! So far I've come across funky taste buds, feeling sick off of 1/2 glass of wine, I'm super thirsty (drank 3 liters of water and still going), been feeling really sleepy these last 2 days (went to bed last night at 9:30 which is weird since I don't usually go to bed until around midnight) and having these stabby like cramps off and on all day. I am only 3dpo and already driving myself mad.

Same - except I'm more like...

Pink CM - AUGH NOT PREG (beats self up for half a day)
wait... pink CM... if it gets darker then not preg and lighter still in the running....
WOO it gets lighter... POAS (neg) (beats self up for half a day)

Pains and heavy feeling - AUGH NOT PREG (beats self up)
wait.... could be implantation cramps
Woooo .... then cramps get more AUGH NOT PREG

etc etc. Now I'm going to go and eat my feelings. I'm either going to gain 10 lbs from a baby or 10lbs from chinese.

It's so hard not to symptom spot. I don't get to do the tww often so I don't know how to handle it very well.

I had chinese food too :) I think I ate my weight in pork fried rice.

I am not symptom spotting!!! But I had a dessert at the diner and turned out it was grasshopper one- I bit it told my husband it had alcohol in it and gave it to him. He said he didn't even taste it, but I knew it was in there!

You girls crack me up! I love it!

Vivian those symptoms sound promising to me! FX it's your month and you and DH don't have to worry about next month!

I watch archer! Lol I love that show, makes me lol a lot. And I like the name katya actually. And actually Archer is one of Cassidy's favorite boy names lol

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the name Archer!! It's my top name for a boy. DH doesn't like it :( I love Rowan too and he's like "Wtf, Archer is shooting arrows and Rowan will be rowing a boat." Grrrrr. Names will be a big obstacle for us to overcome I think lol.

Our names aren't boring, thure unique since i hate how common my name is, but I try not to tell people them because last time I told someone why my favorite name was my cousin used it for her son :/ trying to avoid a repeat

Cassidy I like Rowan

OH MY GOD :dohh:

So you've seen my complaints about my mom lately. If we're FB friends you've probably seen some cryptic status posts about her. She's ridiculous. She really is.

The other day Hannah woke up with a fever that last on & off throughout the day and was really fussy and then really "lethargic-like." Didn't want to eat or sleep well at night. She got better within a day but the next day, Autumn (my 7 year old) was sent home from school with a fever. She had a fever off and on for 2 days along with a headache and sore throat. Figured it was just a virus and would run its' course. But of course... my mom knows best.

Her throat was still really hurting her today, making it hard to swallow water or anything else for that matter. My mom told her that she either has strep or thrush because her tongue was white and she had a white spot on her throat. I looked at her throat myself and it was just red & swollen. No white spots. Her tongue looked white because she hasn't brushed her teeth today. My mom swore I was wrong, she looked at it with a flashlight so she saw it perfectly and it had to be thrush or strep. So off to the ER they went.

She just text me to say "Pharyngitis, heading home." I am dying laughing over here. So her diagnosis is just a sore throat! Like I said. But noooo, my mom knows everything because she's Dr. Google of course. Always self-diagnosing. Then she goes on to post on FB informing friends of the diagnosis and then asking, "Nurse friends... would you give a z-pac for that if it was caused by a virus?"

SERIOUSLY? You don't give antibiotics for a virus. She of all people should know that. Even better was a nurse friend actually commenting and saying, "No that wouldn't do any good, could even cause diarrhea or a yeast infection."

I'm so sick and tired of my mother and how she just has all the right (but actually wrong) answers. So I just had to share this ridiculous story and share my joy in her being completely wrong (all while trying to make it sound more serious than it actually is - i.e. calling it pharyngitis instead of "sore throat.")

All that aside, good luck to everyone in the 2ww. I'm following along as best I can. I had my first appt with my new OB today except I get to the office to find out she's stuck in surgery all day so I have to reschedule. Her nurse was really nice and offered to try to find the heartbeat for me and we did! 153bpm. With Hannah she was always to the lower left side but this was in the dead center, just a bit below my belly button, kind of where my pants sit. So relieved to know there's still a growing bean in there. Now I just have to wait until NEXT Friday to see my new doctor and maybe actually get to schedule my 12 week scan (when I'll be going on 13 weeks...)

Yay for the great heart beat!!

YAY FOR HEARTBEATS!!

Mother's are hopeless... oh wait ;)

I'm not even sure if I'm going to tell mine as soon as I get BFP because 1. she is back in Australia and 2. she's going to be weird about it ... we aren't that close and she's going to get all gushy and awkward.

I LOVE Rowan AND Archer <3

Amanda(waves)- are you doing 12 week scan for Nuchal Translucency or just to see the baby?? If going for NT it has to be done before you're 13+6, but ideally earlier, just FYI! :)

Oh wow Amanda.... You poor thing. I'd go mad having to deal with that. I'm glad it was only a sore throat and not what your mom thought.

Afm- temp shot up to 98.46! Super high jump! I think at this point I am just going to put the thermometer down and step away. These temps are trying their best to drive me bonkers! :haha:

Oh wow Amanda.... You poor thing. I'd go mad having to deal with that. I'm glad it was only a sore throat and not what your mom thought.

Afm- temp shot up to 98.46! Super high jump! I think at this point I am just going to put the thermometer down and step away. These temps are trying their best to drive me bonkers! :haha:

Woohoo! Looks like you definitely had a fallback rise! Yay for high temps!

Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

Chinese sounds sooo good!

All of your symptoms sound super promising! Fingers crossed for all of you!

Afm, my temp jumped today. Yay! I played with FF and if they go up the next 2couple days, I will get crosshairs for yesterday. Finally! Opks still look pretty dark though. Maybe a tad lighter. Maybe. Does that mean anything? I dreamed last night I was taking HPTs and they were positive. !! Fingers crossed for good omens.. lol. I have no idea what we are going to do today. Probably yard work. Exciting! Lol. I'm feeling a bon fire for tonight though. We will see!

Amanda(waves)- are you doing 12 week scan for Nuchal Translucency or just to see the baby?? If going for NT it has to be done before you're 13+6, but ideally earlier, just FYI! :)

It would be my NT scan. I'll be 12+2 when I see my doc and I can probably schedule it for Monday when ill be 12+6 but we'll see! I can always call and talk to her nurse next week and ask about it too.

Haha thanks! I wish I could fully make everyone understand just how she is but you just have to deal with her on a regular basis to see it. Drives me insane.

Good luck with your 2ww!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->