Please, August, do not taunt- it's BFPs that we want!

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/06/06/woman-training-for-marathon-has-surprise-baby/

here's an article about it. apparently she never missed periods

I wonder what she thought when she would feel the baby move inside. Maybe she thought it was gas or indigestion? I never did get that whole "I didn't know I was pregnant" thing LOL

OMG it just took me like two hours to catch up and there were so many posts that made me literally LOL. You girls are the best!!

Saw this quote on my fb newsfeed and thought of each and everyone one of you:

"Girls compete with each other, women empower one another"...

thank goodness for such a supportive, funny, spunky, group of women willing to bare all and laugh, cry, cheer, and straight up bitch with!! xoxoxo

Ugh just got so frustrated...went on instagram and my friend that's 19 weeks pregnant posted a pic of herself eating a bologna sandwich. Of course I was like "you're not supposed be eating deli meat unless you cook it to steaming hot, same goes for hot dogs. It puts you at risk for listeria" why is it everyone i know that know nothing about being pregnant get to be pregnant and I'm not!!! Grrr

How can someone not know they are pregnant?
I will miss bologna so much! Subway probably the most.

It makes no sense to me when they say, "Well, they probably didn't feel it because they were a big girl" or whatever. That's crazy to me! I'm not a little girl, but our little guy kicked ALL. THE. TIME. If he wasn't kicking, he had the hiccups. He kicked his daddy in the belly once (the first time he ever felt him move!), and in the back all night long. I just can't imagine not feeling it or noticing or whatever.. What the heck?!

I give up. DH always so conveniently feels like shit whenever it's necessary to BD. He's not budging. I am pissed and sad and hating life at the moment. Grrrrrrrr. So over it.

Ugh just got so frustrated...went on instagram and my friend that's 19 weeks pregnant posted a pic of herself eating a bologna sandwich. Of course I was like "you're not supposed be eating deli meat unless you cook it to steaming hot, same goes for hot dogs. It puts you at risk for listeria" why is it everyone i know that know nothing about being pregnant get to be pregnant and I'm not!!! Grrr

Well I ate a piece or two of salami straight from the deli the other day, not heated up. I freaked out over the idea last pregnancy when they ordered cold cuts for work one holiday but every mom I work with said they ate them when pregnant and didn't get sick. Obviously it only takes one time to have something bad happen and every single person/pregnancy is different. I didn't eat the cold cuts last pregnancy but this time, Hannah was eating salami and I really wanted some so I had a slice or two.

I'm eatin salami right now!! :) just had a delicious Caesar salad too.. Ready for bed now :)

I give up. DH always so conveniently feels like shit whenever it's necessary to BD. He's not budging. I am pissed and sad and hating life at the moment. Grrrrrrrr. So over it.

Ugh that's upper sucky :/ sorry Cassidy :hugs:

Just got even more annoyed... My friend responded with "thanks, they tell you not to do a lot of things. But remember everyone decides to raise their babies differently"...okay, but your child isn't born yet and while the bacteria won't do anything to you if you get it, it can cause miscarriage, preterm delivery or death of your baby if you're infected...hmm I dunno but that seems like a no brainer to me

I will probably follow the rules like a physco :haha: for the first few weeks at least.

Cassidy I am sorry about your dh.

Obviously I understand that not everyone is going to et listeriosis, but I personally wouldn't even want to chance it. Even more so after having a miscarriage. But she said that bologna is one of the only meats that she'll eat while pregnant which means its probably being eaten more often. And bologna and hot dogs are supposed to be some of the worst

Well I ate a piece or two of salami straight from the deli the other day, not heated up. I freaked out over the idea last pregnancy when they ordered cold cuts for work one holiday but every mom I work with said they ate them when pregnant and didn't get sick. Obviously it only takes one time to have something bad happen and every single person/pregnancy is different. I didn't eat the cold cuts last pregnancy but this time, Hannah was eating salami and I really wanted some so I had a slice or two.

i ate salami sandwiches throughout my pregnancy. My mw just told me to throw it in the microwave til it's really hot and that's it. So, that's what i did. i looooooooooove salami!

Yea if its heated until its really hot it's fine. But you could tell hers wasn't since her cheese wasn't melted at all

I probably wouldn't eat it without being heated considering our history but my OB said even just having them toast the sandwich at subway is good enough, and any mom and pop deli would be happy to nuke your meat for a few secs! Besides, what better then a toasted Sammy with some melty cheese?! Mmmm

I've been super crampy all day today, it's making me nervous. Trying to just relax and chalk it up to stretching...

Sorry about dh not wanting to bd Cassidy :hugs: Maybe he will in a little bit.

So I think I Oed! My cm is watery but turning creamy and my opks were negative. I took my temp just to see and it was 99.2! If I did O... would it be bad of me to gave a glass of red wine?

I was totally a freak about rules, lunchmeat, well done meat, everything. I probably will be again. I can't help it. I can't take the chance. I totally respect the fact that all women make their own decisions. I have a pregnant friend who eats lunchmeat and all that.. she knows what the risks are. Her choice. I couldn't live with myself if something happened over my lunchmeat sandwich or something silly like that.

Sorry about dh not wanting to bd Cassidy :hugs: Maybe he will in a little bit.

So I think I Oed! My cm is watery but turning creamy and my opks were negative. I took my temp just to see and it was 99.2! If I did O... would it be bad of me to gave a glass of red wine?

I say go for it; you're not going to hurt anything. :)

I probably wouldn't eat it without being heated considering our history but my OB said even just having them toast the sandwich at subway is good enough, and any mom and pop deli would be happy to nuke your meat for a few secs! Besides, what better then a toasted Sammy with some melty cheese?! Mmmm

I've been super crampy all day today, it's making me nervous. Trying to just relax and chalk it up to stretching...

Try not to worry! Some crampiness is not uncommon. I had some for awhile, too, and it was fine. I know it's scary.. but try not to worry!

You know you're TTC'ing and a PoAS addict when you find used hpts in your purse that you forgot about. Whoops ;)

Sorry that DH isn't feeling well Cassidy!!!

Ashlee, someone I know is 36 weeks pregnant and drank 3+ glasses of wine multiple times a week during her pregnancy, because her doctor told her "a glass" near the end was okay. I have learned to keep my mouth shut even if it kills me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->