• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

please be honest !

sunbeam

Reaction score
hi, im 43 with 9 healthy kids ranging from 23yrs to 7 months and now would love just one more, am i being selfish ? would i be pushing my luck ? i have healthy pregnancies usually except for the last one were i had gestational diabetes but it was kept well under control and went as soon as i gave birth. all were normal births except last one who was an emergency section caused by babies dipping heartbeat. also i have recently split from husband of 24yrs but we are still on very good terms and hed be happy to oblige (so to speak..lol) i feel my time is running out and its now or never...

I think only u can answer the question to be honest..if u feel its right for u then go ahead

good luck x

I don't think you are being selfish at all. You are blessed to have so many children and if you feel you want one more, absolutely go for it! Best of luck! :hugs:

It's a difficult one that only you can answer! Not sure I'd want a baby with any of my ex's but I can understand the desperate desire to have more children. How would your children feel about you and their Dad having a baby if they are trying to understand that you're not together? My personal opinion is to enjoy the 9 kids you are blessed with and be happy you managed to have 9 pregnancies that resulted in healthy babies, as you say another may push your luck and put you and your kids through a lot of stress.
Just trying to be honest like you asked hope it doesn't offend
Good luck whatever you decide
xx
p.s your kids look gorgeous in the photo!

hi, im 43 with 9 healthy kids ranging from 23yrs to 7 months and now would love just one more, am i being selfish ? would i be pushing my luck ? i have healthy pregnancies usually except for the last one were i had gestational diabetes but it was kept well under control and went as soon as i gave birth. all were normal births except last one who was an emergency section caused by babies dipping heartbeat. also i have recently split from husband of 24yrs but we are still on very good terms and hed be happy to oblige (so to speak..lol) i feel my time is running out and its now or never...

Go for it, its YOUR life, Your Family, I dont judge on that subject, dont worry about what when on in the last childs labour, could of happened at aged in your 20's, did to me, had emergency C section when i was allot younger

XxX P.s, can I rub your tummy when you fall preggers so it rubs off on me,lol, bit like the buddha statue:haha:

thanks to u all for such lovely comments :hugs::hugs:

Hi,

Firstly, i don't want to offend but this is my honest personal opinion, i think it is selfish to your other children and a tad greedy. I can't understand why you would want one more, you already have nine beautiful children, you are blessed, truly blessed, in the nicest possible way...why is nine not enough?. Also, the situation with DH obliging is a little strange, for want of a better word :).

However, it is your decision at the end of the day and i do not want to cause you any upset with my reply :hugs:.

x

When you say your ex would be happy to oblige, would he also be happy to become a dad again? Also, are you able to financially support another child? 9 children must cost a fortune already.

I have no judgment on how many children a couple choose to have as long as they are both prepared to love the child and look after it physically, emotionally and financially. However, I agree with fairy-gem that it might be a selfish decision if you are considering it only because you feel broody again.

Wow 9!! We are preg with #4 our last, and its pretty hectic in our house, how do you do it?!:flower:

I know what its like to feel broody hun, and I'm devastated that this is our last, but unlike you I dont have the best of pregnancies, having never got past 35 weeks for a start. We are so blessed to have these children, but sometimes you have to know when to stop. I can say for definate it is now for us even though I know I will get broody, could you say that? If not then perhaps #10 will be it for you!

I dont judge the situation with your hubby, and im sure that by #10 you would cope! But can you support all these kids? I know we have to make sacrifices at 3 kids. Good luck hun:hugs:

As long as YOU can afford the 9 children as it stands and another one wont make any difference, then I say go for it.

My very good friend had her 3rd last month at 45. Never probs in any of her pregnancies.

My only concern would be financial ...but if thats not an issue...then why not.

Well i think its totally up to you!! As long as you have thought it through and are happy with it all..financially, relationship wise, i would say go for it. I have 5 children atm and am expecting my 6th. I have 3 olders sons however who do not live at home anymore...so its a bit like having my family all over again as i have two toddlers atm one at 3 and one at 2. I feel really blessed too...and tbh, if i wasnt lucky ttc this time round i was happy to accept my lot. Infact its much harder ttc when you are 40 plus i feel so remember it may take more than one attempt..something to consider since you are not with your husband. Not sure how that would work out for you.
Anway, dont let anyone put you off and its totally up to you and your ex. Goodluck whatever you decide. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->