Please be my WTT buddie

Kksy - Thank you so much! It's definitely a great move. I can't believe how much I've put up with in my current role. With the surgery, we'll know the same day if any sperm is found in the biopsy or not. It will take approximately 3 months after the surgery to see if it has an impact on sperm production (since that's how long they take to develop).

Flueky - Thanks so much. The road ahead of us is long. If we're fortunate enough to have sperm and then retrieve eggs, fertilize them, and have multiple embryos, then we can decide how many of them we want to transfer. Our RE recommends doing one at a time. But since my husband is already older, I do think about transferring two. But if they both take and then one (or both) split then that could mean triplets or quadruplets... the thought of more than 2 and the health risks for all involved really concern me. Part of me thinks that if we're meant to have twins, then we will. They run on both sides of my family, not that it matters with IVF. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Now we're off to Bermuda in the morning :) Can't wait for some much needed relaxation before starting the new job.

Flueky - Thank you! It was an amazing trip! It's so hard coming back home. We always miss our pup when we're away though, so it's been nice having her follow me around now that we're all back home. Today was my last day at work! New job starts on Monday. I can't believe how the time has flown.

How has the new job been going LadyV?
I’m still wtt, but had my first pp period the other day.

Mom 15, Yay for getting AF back since it won't be too long until ttc again. Give time for cycles to regulate. My lp was short for 3 to 4 cycles after birth. I'm still waiting for first pp AF this time. I'm ebf so not surprised I haven't got it back.

LadyV hope you are enjoying the new job. Thinking of you

Thanks so much, ladies! I absolutely love my job. I know it's only been 2 weeks but I'm excited about my work again, which I totally lost in my last role. Everyone is so kind and the department has good, positive energy - totally the opposite of where I came from. And the best part is that they seem very family oriented. One of the women who works there has been there a year and took a maternity leave during that time, and it was totally fine! My supervisor even mentioned in our small team meeting that if any of us were thinking about having children anytime soon, to get on the waiting list for our campus childcare center because it is LONG. So now I feel comfortable moving forward with ICSI/IVF if we can. I hope and pray that we can. The surgery and biopsy are Monday morning! Please please pray for us, or send positive thoughts if you don't pray. Finding usable sperm would feel like a miracle to us. If not, our urologist is willing to try different treatments to see if they help with sperm production, but I'm hoping we won't need to go down that path.

Will be thinking of you and DH tomorrow and sending all the positive thoughts I can think of! I hope you get good news. Will you find out right away?

And thanks, Flueky, for letting me know it’s normal. I did learn to be patient after DS1. My lp’s were 5,3,4,8,7,9,10,11(cp - also first cycle without breastfeeding), then mc, then DS2. So I’m convinced that I can’t get pregnant while breastfeeding as it very much affects my lp. DS1 was 21 months when I weaned him. I am torn between weaning DS2 after the summer or holding off on TTC#3 longer so DS2 can nurse longer. I really wanted to go through a couple of cycles after weaning before trying. And then again I feel so lucky to have my boys that all of this doesn’t really matter.

Mom15 - Yes. Unfortunately, there was no sperm found. I'm not even shocked. I'm just numb.

I’m so sorry LadyV, that is unimaginably hard. I’m lost for words. So so hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->