Please be my WTT buddie

We had our IVF consultation earlier this week and I was a mix of emotions directly afterward, while my husband was excited to get the ball rolling! Now that I've had the chance to process a bit, I am feeling more excited about the chance at finally becoming pregnant and starting our family! It's just a lot to wrap my mind around. Our next steps are scheduling my husband's surgery to repair the varicocele and the simultaneous biopsy that will be used to (hopefully) harvest some usable sperm for IVF and diagnose the cause of his sperm production issue. I'm hoping and praying that they find something we can freeze and use for ICSI/IVF! My plan is to wait until this summer before we get started with anything on my end, as I have a lot of work events this spring, we're traveling in May, and I have a conference in June that I'm involved in planning. July or later would be ideal because work will be much more calm then, so it will be easier to be flexible for monitoring and take time off for the retrieval. Please pray for us or send positive thoughts our way! I so desperately want to have a baby in our arms in 2020.

I'll be praying for a 2020 baby for you LadyV. I'm glad that you have a plan and keep us updated as things go on for you and your husband.

Thank you, ladies! We need all of the prayers! :hug:

Yesterday was CD1 for me and I called to start my testing at the IVF center. I have CD3 blood work and a baseline ultrasound tomorrow morning and then next Friday morning is my HSG. I’m super nervous for that! My appointment to go over the results isn’t until May! Everything seems to be moving so slowly now. We still don’t have my husband’s surgery and biopsy scheduled because we get a different story every time the urologist’s office calls us. I just pray that they find usable sperm when it does finally happen otherwise we’ll have to wait months to go in again and see if the surgery helped his production at all.

How's everyone doing?

We got the surgery and biopsy scheduled for the end of April. All I can do is hope that they find usable sperm, or that by some miracle, the varicocele repair will help him produce more in the long-term. Everything's up in the air!

To further complicate things, I'm in the process of interviewing for a new job! While I like parts of my job, it's such a toxic work environment and I'm unhappy. I'm also underpaid and don't see any opportunities for advancement on the horizon. The only plus is our excellent insurance and that I wouldn't have to put off IVF if I stayed. The new job is also with the state, so it's the same insurance plan. Opportunities like this are limited so I went for it and I've made it to the second round interview. The pay is more in line with what I should be making and the team I'd be working with seems very nice! The only downside is that I'd likely have to put IVF on pause indefinitely so that I can really prove myself on the job first... But I'm just taking things one day at a time. So fingers crossed that I get this new position!

LadyV - I totally missed your post from last Thursday! Lots of things happening in your life. Fingers crossed on your next interview! I can only imagine that everything on the ttc front is going in slow motion. Makes a tww sound like a piece of cake. As for me I am still waiting for my first pp period, so nothing to track yet.
I’m keeping my fx for you both job and ttc wise. Keep us posted and again I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner.

Oh that's exciting ladyV. Sounds like taking the new job would be a great move for you.

LadyV - I totally missed your post from last Thursday! Lots of things happening in your life. Fingers crossed on your next interview! I can only imagine that everything on the ttc front is going in slow motion. Makes a tww sound like a piece of cake. As for me I am still waiting for my first pp period, so nothing to track yet.
I’m keeping my fx for you both job and ttc wise. Keep us posted and again I’m sorry I didn’t respond sooner.

No worries!
Yes, I feel that lots is happening but nothing at all at the same time... Lots of waiting, which is the absolute worst! Thanks so much, I'm hoping for the best on all fronts.

I hope that your period gets back on track soon!

Oh that's exciting ladyV. Sounds like taking the new job would be a great move for you.
Yes, think it would be too. But we'll see if I get an offer.

How are you doing? I hope that you had a smooth delivery and that you and the new baby are doing well!

Lady here's hoping you get an offer. Thank you! It was a very smooth delivery. Quick and no tearing! Baby S is doing well, she is much more needy than V was. I try to remind myself it's short lived but I worry about carrying for both once I don't have help with V. I will manage somehow though.

Lady here's hoping you get an offer. Thank you! It was a very smooth delivery. Quick and no tearing! Baby S is doing well, she is much more needy than V was. I try to remind myself it's short lived but I worry about carrying for both once I don't have help with V. I will manage somehow though.

I'm glad to hear that it went well and I hope that you find a good balance soon :)

And thank you! My second round interview is Tuesday. I'll be preparing all weekend, including today. I took the whole day off for my HSG. It was very uncomfortable, but quick, thankfully! And the RE that did it said that everything looks great, so I'm glad that's out of the way. Now I'm back to waiting. Hubby's surgery and biopsy are a month away. Maybe by then I will know about the job.

Hi ladies! Very long time no posting and I am sorry about that. I hope you dont mind if I jump back into the thread?

Lady V- I am so sorry for everything you've had to go through. Praying that the surgery goes well and gives you a positive result. I hope your interview went well and sending prayers that this year brings you many many blessings.

Flueky- congratulations on your new little one!! how are you adjusting to having the two girls?

mom15- i hope your period starts up soon for you (or that it already has!)

AFM, i've been a ghost basically on bnb for a long time. it was hard after my DS2 was born because I almost immediately knew I wanted another one and my DH has been firmly against it. Last year he told me he was open to adoption and we heavily pursued researching the different options and consistently a door was shut until it was clear it wasn't the right path for us. I started to realize that this desire to have another wasn't going to happen but was determined not to lose hope and resolved myself to doing the things I had to do (lose the baby weight). But being around people who knew they were going to have another or pregnant, newborn was very hard emotionally so I took a complete step back from bnb to protect my heart.

I think I posted last summer maybe about my husbands health issues. Last June he went into cardiac arrest and died for 16 seconds until his defibrillator shocked him back. Honestly, that incident sent me into a tail spin. Therapy helped but watching my DH pretty rapidly decline and become more and more limited sent me into a bad depression. Having another baby was the furthest thing from my mind, I just wanted to keep my husband alive and with us. In November, he was referred to the Mayo Clinic to find out if he was a candidate for surgery...he was. I remember telling him in December that I didn't remember the last time I was truly happy because for months this heaviness hung in the air and we couldn't get out from the fog.

Well, in January, we made the trek again to the Mayo clinic where he underwent a successful open heart surgery. We are about 3.5 months post surgery now and he is basically healed up. We were in the hospital and the doctor told us that area of his heart was fixed, we both started to cry and I felt everything lift off of me. The depression, anxiety, stress....gone. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not thankful that he is still here- that he was given a second chance and doesn't have to live like it was before.

But of course, once we got home....the broodiness returned and more than ever I wanted a third....and he still didn't. But patience is a virtue I suppose and last night he changed his mind!!! Well, I say changed his mind...he would be perfectly fine not having one. But he told me he knows how important it is to me so he is willing. We have a few things we need to do like lose weight...I back put on the 30 pounds I had lost before his event. But he left the timing up to me and I think next summer seems like it would be a great time to start trying (there is a trip next June that I would love to take not pregnant).

If you made it this far, thank you for sticking with my novel lol. It seems so surreal to be officially WTT again and only a year left! This will 100% be our last baby and I am very much okay with that. We agreed that once we see a healthy heartbeat and genetic tests come back okay that DH will get a vasectomy.

I'm sorry again that I was here and then left for a long time and I hope you all understand and will have me back!

Kk glad to have you back and glad he came around to ttc#3. Hope your wait goes by fast.

I'm doing okay. It's hectic at times but I love seeing V love on S :)

Thank you Flueky! Aw, it's so sweet watching your babies together. DS1 had very little interest in DS2 for a long time but once he was mobile it was a game changer. My two are peas in a pod and don't like to be very far from each other ever (Kindergarten this fall is going to be interesting :/ ). But really, having siblings that can grow into best friends (or frenemies most of the time lol) is so precious. Congratulations again, I am so happy for you

Kksy - Oh my goodness! What a whirlwind. I'm so glad that your husband is in good health again after such a scary crisis. I can't imagine the emotional toll on you both. It sounds like you have a great plan moving forward though!

Flueky - I bet your little ones are so cute together! I someday hope to have two children. Although given our circumstances, I'd be happy with even just one.

I have lots of updates:
  • Hubby's surgery and biopsy got rescheduled because he was concerned about not healing in time for our vacation, which is now 2 weeks away. Though the risk of complication is very low (<1%) it's still there, and we wouldn't want that to delay or ruin our trip. So we still have no idea if there are any sperm or not. It got rescheduled to mid-June (his birthday, in fact). It was previously scheduled on our third wedding anniversary.
  • I got the job! And accepted it! It feels like a huge transition but it's a move into a much healthier work environment, plus more money. After speaking with HR, I get to keep my same insurance plan. It just transfers right over with no delay because I'm moving from one state employer to another! So we don't have to start over and get our testing redone or anything like that thankfully.
So now I wait. I'm very excited for our trip and I need to clear out my office by the 16th because I only come back to work for 2 days after vacation and then I have a long weekend leading into my first day of work in June. I can only hope for the best with my husband's surgery and biopsy. Best case scenario is that there is sperm and it survives freezing and thawing. But even then, we can't move forward until I feel comfortable enough to ask for the flexibility and time off needed for the IVF process. And, you know, potentially getting pregnant and going out on maternity leave. That's one of the few drawbacks of accepting this position. I've proved myself in my current job after almost 2.5 years. Now I'm starting over. And sometimes there can be a lot of stigma around a woman starting a job and getting pregnant shortly after, unfortunately.

Lady V- Congratulations on the new position!! Even with the uncertainty of timing with IVF now, it sounds like long term it's the right move. And wahoo for being able to keep the same insurance and not have to change anything/re-test! I'm sorry that the surgery was rescheduled. How long after the surgery will you know if it was successful? I'm so sorry you are on this journey and praying that it all ends with a beautiful baby in your arms :hugs:

AFM, CD1 (showed up 2 days early and AF is being kind of a b**** this month). But since its my first full cycle since we decided on #3, I'm going to start tracking with temping as soon as AF clears out. About 6 months ago I noticed a pretty big change around my ovulation and not having as much CM as I usually do, shorter cycles with 10/12 day LPs instead of 14 etc. I had something similar happen before TTC last time and had to go on vitex and vit b to get back in line (well, I just randomly stopped ovulating for like 4 months then). Going to give it 3-4 months of tracking and if temps plus symptoms are showing something is off, I'll head into my GYN to do some hormone testing. Thankful I have a year to get it sorted before it would be an issue.

LadyV enjoy your vacation and congrats on the new job!! Even better your benefits aren't changing :) I really hope that you with be holding your baby by end of next year. Maybe you could use more than one embryo and maybe have twins. Anyways thinking of you dear :)

Kk hope your body cooperates. My LP was a bit for for a bit after #1. Also, could always use some preseed to make up for less ewcm.

Thanks Flueky! I dont know if I would have thought of preseed so I'll definitely tuck that infor away for next year! Last time my LP was really short. Anywhere from 6-9 days. 6 months of vitex and vit b got me actually ovulating again and back to a 12 day LP and then got pregnant. But I'm in my 30s now and was in my 20s with my last 2 pregnancies. I know a lot of people have kids in their 30s, I just have noticed a change in my body in the last 2 years so I think it makes me more nervous this time around.

Kk. I was 30 when I got pregnant this time and gave birth a month before my 31st. I faired pretty well, didn't have unbearable pain. I did have a less active job and I think it helped. Overall I think my 2nd pregnancy was easier. My first I was pregnant at 28 and delivered a month after turning 29. Oh and I personally only used preseed externally as a lube as I had enough ewcm internal just not wet enough externally. For women that use internal I heard to only use half what they say on directions.

Thank you for the tip! Hopefully I can get myself back to where I typically am but just in case it's good to know there is another option.

I was pregnant with my oldest at 26 and my youngest at 29. My second pregnancy was easily 10x worse than my first. I developed GERD so had nausea literally everyday from 5weeks to a week after delivery, bad SPD etc. I'm a bit scared of the next one!

Kk, I had a lot of sciatic nerve pain with my 1st but rarely with 2nd. Hemmrhoids started sooner and were worse 2nd time though. I had to use a donut cushion. One night I woke up every hour the pain was so bad. It was crazy!! I was so scared of pushing and getting horrible hemmrhoids but I either didn't get them or were very mild. I didn't have GERD but bad heartburn for both. The old wives tale was true for me, they both had head full of hair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->