Please check that your vaccinations are up to date

gcgal10

Reaction score
I recently got my blood tests back from an early miscarriage and found out that I have no immunity from Chicken Pox. I'd been TTC for over 6 months and really thought I was doing everything right - taking all the vitamins, eating right etc, not realizing that I should have been checked for chicken pox & rubella immunity. I'm now faced with a two month wait after being vaccinated (which is the last thing I wanted - I'm so desperate to TTC again) because I missed something I should have done months ago.

I'm sure most of you have already done this ( I'm so annoyed at myself for not realizing I had to check this), but if not please get tested. If my pregnancy had continued I would have had a very stressful 9 months knowing I had no immunity to chicken pox, and that the results of catching it can be awful to an unborn baby.

Chicken pox vaccine is not given out to children in the UK.

If you have had chicken pox as a child you have immunity for the rest of your life (although you may later get shingles from the same virus in later life).

This is different to rubella, which can wear off over time and is the reason that every woman WTT should have their rubella immunity checked (I just did this last week and am fine).

No need to get chicken pox immunity checked if you've already had it as a kid. I hope this clears things up for those of you worrying about this now.

To the OP, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and your subsequent WTT period. I hope it flies by for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->