please dont test early

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Tests' started by skyraaa, Nov 17, 2011.

1. skyraaa

skyraaa Well-Known Member

i just thought id write this doubt any1 will take any notice tho coz we r all poas addicts lol
    but please please wait 2 poas as u all know its not nice 2 see a bfn but its worse 2 see a bfp and then a few days later have a af so u know ur having a chemical unfortunatly these r very common i had 1 last month got my hopes up got excited then got af it was horrible :( so i will not b poas until af is at least a week late
    so thats why im saying save the heartache and test when ur af is late xx

gl 2 every1 and i hope 2 see u all with bfps and sticky beans :) xx

:dust:

2. legs333

legs333 Guest

So sorry for your loss hun :hugs: - and this is good advice for more than a few reasons! It's just too bad that, like you said, most wont heed the warning....

Lots of luck and baby dust to you!!

3. Embo78

Embo78 Mum of five

This is good advice but unfortunately I have to test early so my treatment can start. The sooner I know the better in my case. I'd be absolutely devastated to have a chemical though. But I'll never get my hopes up till I'm 12 weeks anyway cos of my losses :(

4. breakingdawn

breakingdawn Well-Known Member

I also had to test early due to an ectopic pregnancy in August which required emergency surgery and the removal of my right tube. I do not ever want to go through that again. So, I had to start testing early because the second I found out I was pregnant I had to go to the doctor to immediately get monitored with my blood levels. Some women have to test early... and for those who test early but don't need to, I think it's okay as long as they can handle the disappointment. If it causes a lot of unnecessary stress then I think people should wait until they are a day late. But some women handle it fine and enjoy the experience of TTC. I see where you are coming from though. Chemicals are very very hard and most women would never know they had one if they didn't test early.

5. 3kiddosmaybe4

3kiddosmaybe4 Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't HAVE to test early, I choose to test early (and often). I can handle getting the bfn's, that doesn't bother me. And honestly, on the ic especially, if I had a positive result on one and then got af, I'd just assume it was an evap on the ic. :shrug:

6. breakingdawn

breakingdawn Well-Known Member

I say if you can handle it, go for it! I am one of those who easily got disappointed to see a BFN at 6 DPO so I didn't do it that early. I did start at 9 DPO though in October since I recently had an ectopic and thankfully I did because that night is when I saw my BFP!

7. skyraaa

skyraaa Well-Known Member

i understand some ppl have 2 test early 4 health reasons ie ectopic ur life is defo more important then waiting as i know they can b dangerous

but if thats not the case and u want 2 test early just b aware chemicals do happen :( and r common
    where as if u leave it a week or so the risk of a chemical is alot lower

happy testing whenever u want fx 4 a sticky :)