Please don't test too early :(

I think it is just a personal decision. Some people like the whole POAS thing, TWW is so boring so it makes it go quicker and is less boring for some. I agree with some that you can have chemical pregnancies one after the other and so it can be important to spot that.

I personally start about 8dpo, my reason is I need a truck loads of meds asap from BFP.

Neither early testing or waiting is right or wrong, it is just what is right for you.

Irregular periods mean instead of havin a tww we basically have to wait a good 2 months before we test due to ccles being between 25 - 60 day cycles .. Even mayb 3 months ... So wen do u test then huh. ?? Because the period might only show the 60th day I wudnt be able to wait ..

Fair enough, I understand now some people HAVE to test early due to medical reasons. But there's lots of girls on here that post about testing early with regular cycles. It's not for me to judge, I just hate seeing other people upset.
There was a girl 2 days ago that posted a pic of BFP only 6cd and then got upset when 2 days later tested negative.
Any pharmacist will tell you that if you test too early you have a 98.5% chance of getting a false pos or false neg!
Even early kits say they are only 60% or 80% reliable if testing early :(

Thanks :) ... Sorry it sounds .. Like I'm jumpin you or the other girls just gettin opinions .. :) I was tempted to test today but due to this post I am not goin to but probably .. Have to wait a good 3 weeks lol ..

Hahaha you girls have made me wonder if I should test now?! Lol. I've been on the pill since had my daughter so actually have no clue of how long my natural cycle is as got pregnant first month of coming off pill last time so I've NEVER had a 'normal' cycle. And I'm already weeing like a trooper?!
Based on my 28 day cycles I used to have on pill I was due to ovulate last Friday and due on next Friday but obviously have no idea if that's how my cycle works when natural?! Lol

I agree little mum although until ttc this time around I never knew how addictive poas is!!! I've now vowed not to buy anymore pg tests and if I'm lucky enough to look as though I might be pg will go and buy one (and I mean one!!!) at that point. If they're in the house then I will test!
It really is heartbreaking to see that lonely single line! I don't want to see that again!

I should clarify that I post this as someone whose been lucky enough to have regular cycles since coming off bcp so have (til now - touch wood!!) had a good idea of when af is due to show up. I can see that things are trickier if you're not having regular cycles.

Hoping that everyone gets their bfps soon - no more lonely 'not pregnant' lines please!!!!! X

Hahaha you girls have made me wonder if I should test now?! Lol. I've been on the pill since had my daughter so actually have no clue of how long my natural cycle is as got pregnant first month of coming off pill last time so I've NEVER had a 'normal' cycle. And I'm already weeing like a trooper?!
Based on my 28 day cycles I used to have on pill I was due to ovulate last Friday and due on next Friday but obviously have no idea if that's how my cycle works when natural?! Lol

I'm in the same boat this is my second cycle off the bcp mine were regular on the pill ... Now I ave no idea wen af gona come this month ??

It's so confusing! For all I know, my natural cycle might only be 21 days which would mean I'm due on this Thursday so could test tomorrow?!
When I came off the pill last time I waited til I thought I would be due on (based on the pills 28 day cycle) and I was already 5 weeks pregnant!! How does that work??? Lol

Lol I have no idea you sound as confused as me considering you got pregnant so quickly u probably ovulated just as ur period finished but that's a bad guess I'm still tryin for my 1st but due to gettin my 1st af after pill being 7 days late I'm goin to wait 7 days late again which is in 3 weeks haha .. But i'll probably cave in .. I wud test if I was you .. Just incase u don't want to harm the baby but then again don't listen to Me ..

I knew I was pregnant at 3 weeks, 1 day. I tested early and I don't regret it but like I said you have to have the mind set, I may get a negative or a false positive. If you can't sleep at night with that don't do it.

You do what is right for you, others will do what is right for them. Instead of saying "Don't test early" you can provide sympathy for those who test early however it does seem OP is coming off as a bit judgmental (IMO). Everyone does it different, this I learned from my previous pregnancy. I also don't judge those who sit and agonize through their TWW to "miss AF" when they could POAS and know! lol People are different, but that would drive me personally nuts.

As for isn't it cheaper to wait, well I have 50 tests for 8 bucks. I would rather spend the 8 bucks on that entertainment then going out to dinner one night if I was tight on money. Luckily hubby and I are well off (as two young people can be in an expensive world!) and don't worry about money BUT if money was tight I would still do with out buying something so I could POAS from 8 DPO on!

Hehehe I tested and got a very clear BFN lol

Well it could b too early the preg test I got picks up bhgp somethin along those lines I really wana test but not yet!! Not ready lol

These seem to be similar to the ones I have and very sensitive...

https://www.amazon.com/Wondfo-Pregnancy-Test-Strips-50-count/dp/B004AOMAOG/ref=pd_sim_hpc_14

They are 36 cents a test! :haha:

Okay so I'm new to everything-this forum, marriage, and TTC. I haven't used or tracked my ovulation days...we've only been trying for a short while. I will say my most recent cycle was 22 days long...I'm 4 days away from AF, and have had symptoms I've never had before. I've always cramped during PMS but this feels different, for example. There are more, and this morning I tested 3 times and got 3 BFPs. I will wait until the day after AF's arrival and test again now lol, I'm scared of chemical pregnancy!

Sorry am I being thick?? Isn't cd10 just the week after your period? How would a positive show up that early when people only normally ovulate cd12-15 or am I going seriously wrong somewhere???
No, you're not thick - I am. I meant of course to say I test at so and so DPO - not CD.

Sorry for the confusion.

I think it is just a personal decision. Some people like the whole POAS thing, TWW is so boring so it makes it go quicker and is less boring for some. I agree with some that you can have chemical pregnancies one after the other and so it can be important to spot that.

I personally start about 8dpo, my reason is I need a truck loads of meds asap from BFP.

Neither early testing or waiting is right or wrong, it is just what is right for you.

Well said.:thumbup:

Okay so I'm new to everything-this forum, marriage, and TTC. I haven't used or tracked my ovulation days...we've only been trying for a short while. I will say my most recent cycle was 22 days long...I'm 4 days away from AF, and have had symptoms I've never had before. I've always cramped during PMS but this feels different, for example. There are more, and this morning I tested 3 times and got 3 BFPs. I will wait until the day after AF's arrival and test again now lol, I'm scared of chemical pregnancy!

First of congrats on the BFP! Second, what a short cycle!!!

Agreed. People have a right to do what they want and it's nothing to do with anyone else!

Here's how the last 2 years have gone for me so your theory WOULD NOT work.
Jan 2012- period
May 2012- BFP at 3wks1day (based on early scan)
Jan 2013- son born
July 2013- BFP at ?? Gestation.. NO PERIOD SINCE JANUARY 2012 so not sure how far.
August 6 2013- mc

TODAY- cd29. Bfn. Probably in for a looooong wait again! Haven't had a "period" in nearly 2 years but 2 BFPs, so I've decided I'm just gonna test each Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->