Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

Just read through this whole thread and was so hoping it would have a happy ending! So sorry you were scammed Hun and I really hope the scumbag is caught x

It rings a vague bell that I might've read about that! When you posted it I wondered whether it'd been a cake shop in Thorne as I've heard so many bad things about it.

I'm up at Woodfield Plantation/Balby, what about you? Ha, be funny if we kind of knew of each other somehow, I'm a year younger than you.

I'm in stainforth but not originally from here, begrudgingly moved here after waiting a year for a disabled adapted house, and even then it wasn't adapted but had the scope to be adapted, which 3 years later is finally happening in November :happydance: surprisingly I don't feel the area is as bad as it's reputation though, buuuut we do seem to have a very quiet corner and we keep ourselves to ourselves.

I grew up in westwoodside though. My eldest is from a previous relationship and his grandparents live just the other side of the alverley xx

My advice is a little late for you but in this instance what I would do is the work to find out his name/address and sue him in civil court. You can always call police and see what they say, but even if they charged him with whatever (fraud, probably), you aren't going to get your money back that way. You can get your money back in civil court. Sorry this has happened to you. This is a very common scam when I was a police dispatcher and there simply were no resources to deal with it.

Not really anything to tell, he is saying the car is being sold today and will meet us with the £500 after that, but he also said this on Monday :dohh:

The car we spent 2k on after all this happened is knackered too :cry:

My dad is off to Thailand for 5 months tomorrow and is letting us have his car while he is away, my OH is excited, he has always wanted a Jag :thumbup: so at least we can get to the hospital when baby decides she wants to come, so that's a little less stress xx

sorry he is still lying to you :hugs:!
that sucks about the car being knackered to :(
least you have a car now for when you baby comes!

Wow what a stressful situation!! I hope you get it all resolved soon :hugs:

This is why I never pay for anything online unless I can do it via paypal...it's the only way to open a dispute and they usually always side with the buyer.

Sorry to hear things are still messed up and this dude is still stringing you guys along :nope:

It's great that your able to use your fathers car and will be able to have it for the hospital trip!

I am sorry if this sounds harsh...but there is a reason why reputable garages and car showrooms charge more for their cars. Because they are reliable, come with service history and you can be sure you know of its past.

I am sorry that this has happened to you and do hope you can resolve it but please don't go down this road again. We also learnt the hard way- we got lucky as we knew someone who knew the person and they convinced them to give us the money back.

Hope you've got the money back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->