Please help, been scammed out of £500 3 weeks before my baby due

Sorry this has happened to you, I really hope you hear something back off the police :hugs:
I'd at least send someone, OH or something to go by the house even if nobody speaks to him just to see if he actually does have cars for sale or anything!

Sorry hun :( :hugs:

I agree with sending OH (not alone) to see if he actually has the car? x

Has your OH tried going to this address?

He wants to go yeh, cos Jeremy has said we own the car so we have to collect it and pay him when we got it.

But he is 80 miles away and I'm worried he will get there to find nothing... Worth a gamble? X

The bloke isn't honest and the Police know of the address. I would steer well clear.

I would go to the police. Sorry I haven't had time to read all the answers. But my mum was conned out of £2,000 on ebay by a professional conman and it was a similar circumstance where it unfortunately was her own fault (she sent a cheque to him) so she couldn't get the money back. But it turned out he was known to police and so it was useful to them to know he had struck again and they did update her a while later that they'd found his address or something, but he had already moved on. So it was worth her contacting them just to help the case against him even though she lost the money :-(

Op I'm so sorry it happened to you too. I was (and still am) so, so, so angry that someone would do that to my mum. They engaged her with conversation for a while and got her confidence up so she would agree to sending the cheque. With hindsight she never ever should have done that but she was naive and trusting. It's such a horrible and low thing to do and my mum felt so guilty afterwards because she felt she'd brought it on herself. This is just stress you really don't need in late pregnancy and I'm really sorry that some twat came along and did that to you, what utter shits they are xx

Bless your mum :hugs:

Such horrible people around with no morals

You know the more I read this back the more I can't see exactly what the guy did wrong tbh

You gave a deposit which he used for something but then you changed your mind because of the tax/insurance issue (which would be present on ANY used car you bought) then the guy maybe stalling because he has spent the 500 already

You know the more I read this back the more I can't see exactly what the guy did wrong tbh

You gave a deposit which he used for something but then you changed your mind because of the tax/insurance issue (which would be present on ANY used car you bought) then the guy maybe stalling because he has spent the 500 already

Well for starters he never should have asked for the money outside of eBay, especially if he wasn't even going to keep to his word when he said himself he was happy to pay it back (I know the OH shouldn't have paid it but this fella would have known it was dodgy to ask for it outside of eBay and it reaks of scam if they couldn't have just done it through paypal)

Well for starters he never should have asked for the money outside of eBay, especially if he wasn't even going to keep to his word when he said himself he was happy to pay it back (I know the OH shouldn't have paid it but this fella would have known it was dodgy to ask for it outside of eBay and it reaks of scam if they couldn't have just done it through paypal)

Of course he shouldn't have asked for payment outside eBay. But reading further into the situation that appears to be all he has actually done wrong. He spent the 500 possibly in good faith thinking he would be getting the remainder in collection of the car. Maybe he was genuinely trying to scrape the 500 back and that's why he has been stalling. I just don't think it's actually malicious scamming

Of course he shouldn't have asked for payment outside eBay. But reading further into the situation that appears to be all he has actually done wrong. He spent the 500 possibly in good faith thinking he would be getting the remainder in collection of the car. Maybe he was genuinely trying to scrape the 500 back and that's why he has been stalling. I just don't think it's actually malicious scamming

We wouldn't have purchased a car 80 miles away without tax and without a way of taxing it!

I appreciate your opinion but your not really being very helpful now and I just feel you've come back onto this thread to try and wind me up... Which tbh is very easy ATM.

And now he has our money and is feeding us lie after lie to prevent paying it back, you think this is ok to do?? Would you do that to a full term pregnant woman and her family??

I know I wouldn't, regardless of the situation. He has our money and we have no goods to show for it.

I'm pleased you don't work for the fraud team investigation, I told them everything and they are the professionals so it's down to them now

We wouldn't have purchased a car 80 miles away without tax and without a way of taxing it!

I appreciate your opinion but your not really being very helpful now and I just feel you've come back onto this thread to try and wind me up... Which tbh is very easy ATM.

Please don't think that. My opinion may not be helpful but as an outsider who is not so close to the situation and not emotionally involved I was just putting the facts down as they are. I will leave the thread as you requested but I most certainly did not come on to wind you up, in fact if you read back all of my posts you will see everyone of them was aimed at being helpful, with the exception of one post which I made when somebody made a comment out of turn :shrug:

Just to add I also reported posts in this thread by someone who was pretending to be a police officer. They offered you to PM them? I would have thought that was helpful as well. I really honestly never posted ANYTHING on this thread to try and wind you up

Just to add I also reported posts in this thread by someone who was pretending to be a police officer. They offered you to PM them? I would have thought that was helpful as well. I really honestly never posted ANYTHING on this thread to try and wind you up

Ok....

I never saw any posts about someone saying they are a police officer, must have been removed before I saw

just a FYI if you sell things on ebay with a collection then you should NOT accept paypal,it should always be cash on collection
This is to protect yourself....the buyers can pay by paypal and collect the item and then tell ebay its not turned up,ebay only accepts a tracking number as proof and they will side with the buyer and take the money from you,leaving you without the item AND without the money,its a common scam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->